U.S. officially surpassed 40,000 transplants on Dec. 17, 2021

Posted by joko @joko, Dec 24, 2021

UNOS reports a record 40,000 transplants on Dec. 17, 2021. Missed this when it came out. 2020 marked the 10th consecutive record-breaking year for organ donations from deceased donors and the 8th in a row for deceased donor transplants. Great news when Covid19 is dominating the news. https://unos.org/wp-content/uploads/40k-transplants-record-1400x788-1.png

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Transplants Support Group.

@joko, This is amazing, especially when we are in the midst of the Covid pandemic! It is interestint that my son asked me last week about how are transplants going during the Covid, and i was happy to tell him about this.
2 Happy notes to share from my neighborhood:
-My friend told me that he learned that he has a kidney donor- who was once his foster child.
-Another friend told me that her friend will get her kidney transplant on Thursday, Dec. 30 as part of a Kidney donation chain.

Life is Good!

@rosemarya

@joko, This is amazing, especially when we are in the midst of the Covid pandemic! It is interestint that my son asked me last week about how are transplants going during the Covid, and i was happy to tell him about this.
2 Happy notes to share from my neighborhood:
-My friend told me that he learned that he has a kidney donor- who was once his foster child.
-Another friend told me that her friend will get her kidney transplant on Thursday, Dec. 30 as part of a Kidney donation chain.

Life is Good!

Jump to this post

Life is, indeed, good. Thanks for sharing. We're about to turn the page on 2021. I have a feeling 2022 is going to be a good year.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.