Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

@cheeps

Hi there, how long have you been treated for the sleep apnea? I was DXed with OSA in 2006. Having my machine changed my life. I hope you are feeling better. Cheeps

Jump to this post

About a year and a half. I can't say it has drastically changed my life, but then there's such an overlap of symptoms, it's hard to know causation. I am, however, glad to hear of your progress. Do you use a full face mask?

Hi, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about thirty years ago but it never interfered with anything that I wanted to do.In late February of 2020 I became ill enough to scare me into going to theER. I was tested for the flu which was negative.As I recovered I began having tingling in my feet and it has now progressed to burning pain,electric shooting pain,joint pain and muscle.It has also effected my eyes. I don’t have a diagnosis yet.

@20181022

About a year and a half. I can't say it has drastically changed my life, but then there's such an overlap of symptoms, it's hard to know causation. I am, however, glad to hear of your progress. Do you use a full face mask?

Jump to this post

@20181022 and @cheeps, The Sleep Health group (https://connect.mayoclinic.org/group/sleep-health/) has a lot of sleep apnea related discussions that you might find helpful including this one - Causes of Sleep Apnea: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/causes-of-sleep-apnea/

@rebsue

The curable app is where I first connected with pain reprocessing therapy and it’s about changing your relationship to pain by rewiring your brain to feel safe as it is misinterpreting the pain sensations. I’ve tried laser therapy. I do acupuncture and physical therapy. I am experimenting with small amounts of THC. I take gabapentin prescribed by my physiatrist. None of the experts can explain my pain and tell me I am an experiment of one.

Jump to this post

Know the feeling of desparation.

@kenc

Know the feeling of desparation.

Jump to this post

can I download the app

@angusconn

can I download the app

Jump to this post

Yes you can.

@bav

I am 82 and have fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, scoliosis, and osteoarthritis. An epidural based on an MRI has been proposed but I have been struggling with UTIs followed by side effects of antibiotics, including most recently c. dif for which I am now being treated. Thank you.

Jump to this post

Hello @bav. I'd like to add my welcome along with @cheeps. Do you need to wait for your UTI to resolve before you can move forward with the proposed epidural?

@20181022

Jump to this post

Yes I do because my pressure is on the high side. It's an old one, FisherPaykel 432. I've tried several newer ones but always go back to this one. It has a very comfortable under mask beneath the silicone and the bottom comes under the chin which is great! It helps hold my mouth shut. I use Remzees liners and essential oils for a more pleasant experience.
Are you having any problems with your mask? Do you feel your pressure is working for you?

@cheeps

Yes I do because my pressure is on the high side. It's an old one, FisherPaykel 432. I've tried several newer ones but always go back to this one. It has a very comfortable under mask beneath the silicone and the bottom comes under the chin which is great! It helps hold my mouth shut. I use Remzees liners and essential oils for a more pleasant experience.
Are you having any problems with your mask? Do you feel your pressure is working for you?

Jump to this post

Because I'm not a mouth-breather,, my mask is a nose pillow which I'm tolerating. There are still mornings where I wake up without it having removed it at some point in the night. My pulmonologist says I'm doing well. I wear a mask when I'm out in public. Evidently the severity of my sleep apnea means getting covid means hospitalization.

Hey all! I’m Laura and I’m new to Connect and the Chronic Pain group. I had Covid-19 on Oct 31, 2020 and have had a severe headache ever since. Haven’t found any abnormal results on any tests from any doctor yet.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.