Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

@linamend

Pain reprocessing is very popular way to treat chronic pain right now. There are some books out in it. My therapist is trying to use it with me. It's basically accepting and acknowledging the pain and reprocessing it as "there", but not owning it. Very hard to do.

Jump to this post

@linamend Would you say it's along the lines of cognitive behavioral therapy?

@rebsue

The curable app is where I first connected with pain reprocessing therapy and it’s about changing your relationship to pain by rewiring your brain to feel safe as it is misinterpreting the pain sensations. I’ve tried laser therapy. I do acupuncture and physical therapy. I am experimenting with small amounts of THC. I take gabapentin prescribed by my physiatrist. None of the experts can explain my pain and tell me I am an experiment of one.

Jump to this post

Ah yes, I am familiar with the Curable app, but haven't heard from someone who uses it. I like what I found by researching. Did you like the app overall and do you continue to use it for guidance? Or is it something that you use briefly then move on from?

I graduated Mayo's Pain Rehabilitation Center and learned about changing my relationship with pain through cognitive behavioral therapy while there for 3 weeks. Not everyone can attend PRC so I am always scoping out other options to help members live more productively with a healthier mind set while facing chronic issues.

@rwinney

Hi @loke. Thanks for joining the conversation! I'm glad you are involved with a chronic pain group. How has the group helped you productively deal with or manage your chronic symptoms? Do you mind sharing a bit more?

Jump to this post

By Sharing information and helping each other. We comfort each other ,and, Working together makes everything so much easier. Our Motto is What Works for one Doesn't Mean it Works for ALL. Also it has taught me to research Question to help others

Duane from Canada here 🇨🇦 🍁

I am 82 and have fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, scoliosis, and osteoarthritis. An epidural based on an MRI has been proposed but I have been struggling with UTIs followed by side effects of antibiotics, including most recently c. dif for which I am now being treated. Thank you.

@bav

I am 82 and have fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, scoliosis, and osteoarthritis. An epidural based on an MRI has been proposed but I have been struggling with UTIs followed by side effects of antibiotics, including most recently c. dif for which I am now being treated. Thank you.

Jump to this post

Hi there, if you have taken probiotics for your c-diff, did it help you? Nice to meet you, I've just started here myself. My father had c-diff back in 2005 from taking anti biotics. Back then probiotics weren't offered. So, do the DRs suggest that now? Thank you.

Hi, Cheeps here. I've been in Pain Management on and off for 25 years due to spine issues that cause chronic pain. I'm 65 and now use a walker and spend to much time in bed. With my issues it's either stand and lean or lie down. Sitting is very uncomfortable. I've had some spine surgeries and need a fusion but while it might help one area, it will cause painful issues in other areas so no more surgeries for me. Nice to meet everyone.

@rwinney

Ah yes, I am familiar with the Curable app, but haven't heard from someone who uses it. I like what I found by researching. Did you like the app overall and do you continue to use it for guidance? Or is it something that you use briefly then move on from?

I graduated Mayo's Pain Rehabilitation Center and learned about changing my relationship with pain through cognitive behavioral therapy while there for 3 weeks. Not everyone can attend PRC so I am always scoping out other options to help members live more productively with a healthier mind set while facing chronic issues.

Jump to this post

I also became familiar with the Curable App. I thought it to be very helpful. I didn't continue with it though. I may go back to it as it was very good.

@20181022

Im 70 and have been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome, very severe sleep apnea, depression and anxiety.

Jump to this post

Hi there, how long have you been treated for the sleep apnea? I was DXed with OSA in 2006. Having my machine changed my life. I hope you are feeling better. Cheeps

Please sign in or register to post a reply.