More than ecoli 0157:H7

Posted by garysgirl @garysgirl, Jul 31, 2016

I am a 48 yr old woman who is desperately looking for someone to save my life. I began getting sick around April of 2013 after ingesting water i unknowingly witnessed being contaminated on a daily basis by a herd of cattle which drank from, defecated into a broken water main which delivered the only water supply to the home in which i lived at the time.
Being oblivious to the contamination i noticed i was having problems with constipation, next extreme bouts of intestinal gas and rumbling in my stomach to the point of confinement due to the frequency and embarrassment, not to mention the discomfort. After taking every laxative i could find oral and suppositories and spending hours and hours daily in the bathroom and only producing a bloody mucous for a bowl movement and actually prolapsing my rectum from straining i found my self extremely ill although i felt as if i was starving to death and ate everything i could find i had lost so much weight i ended up at around 90lbs. I was lethargic. I was dying and i knew and still know this. I was admitted to my local hospital where i underwent the first of multiple ct scans with and without contrast, colonoscopies, scoped down the throat, had a kub, ecg, chest xray, blood draws almost hourly. From the beginning i have and still believe i have an infestation of some type of parasite. I've been to three hospitals seen about fifteen different Drs who I've begged along with nurses to please just run the test or give me the meds to kill parasites but they just act like I'm crazy. In May of 2015 i was admitted into ICU with a hgb of 4 given 4 units of blood and scheduled for a colon resection surgery. I had three IVs in each arm until three days before surgery i was given apic line. The following day and the day a nurse came in fully gloved and gowned and informed me i was under quarantine that i had been dx with ecoli 0157:H7 and the dr was on the phone with the pharmacy trying to figure out the best antibiotic to b administered. I was also informed that the health department would b contacting me because of my dx. The following day, the day before my scheduled surgery the dr finally came in, not to discuss or even officially give me my dx but to discharge me. Never discussing anything with me as far as my dx or prognosis or any treatment plan she handed me a hand written note stating i was non compliant and was being discharged the PIC line was removed and i was told to leave. I was again hospitalized 5 months later in Oct of 2015 needing 4 more units of blood in the hospital that i had been originally admitted to during my first, second and third hospital stays. I'm in severe pain daily, i have no body fat left and my stomach is hard and misshapen. I have constant rectal pain and bleeding when I'm lucky enough to produced feces it is hard and dry stuck to my insides like it has been glued. I just received two more units of blood while sitting in the er from 2am until 8pm never offered a drink of water or any food of any kind and discharged with a hgb of 9. I'm going to die. I am begging you to please help me. I will find a way to get to you if there is any physician willing to have a look at my case, any type of trial anything I'm losing this fight and i don't want to die not yet. There's got to be someone somewhere willing to help me.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Infectious Diseases Support Group.

@garysgirl Hello welcome back to connect!!
I am so sorry you have and have to go through all of that. I have faith you will get the answers you are searching for. Lets get you quickly over to request an appointment.
http://www.mayoclinic.org/departments-centers/gastroenterology-hepatology/overview/appointments
Here is a link to help you get an appointment and they will help you find a physician.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks
Dawn

Hi @garysgirl.
Mayo Clinic Connect is an online community where you can share your experiences and find support from other patients. But like @dawn_giacabazi said, you need professional help. Please call the contact numbers on this webpage http://mayocl.in/1mtmR63 to request that your medical case be reviewed by Mayo Clinic doctors.

@colleenyoung

Hi @garysgirl.
Mayo Clinic Connect is an online community where you can share your experiences and find support from other patients. But like @dawn_giacabazi said, you need professional help. Please call the contact numbers on this webpage http://mayocl.in/1mtmR63 to request that your medical case be reviewed by Mayo Clinic doctors.

Jump to this post

I clicked on the link but it just took me to appointment scheduling. Can<br>Mayo staff (Doctors) review my medical records and advise me if they<br>believe that some kind of treatment would help me? Is that what you're<br>suggesting or did i misunderstand what you were saying? I appreciate any<br>ideas! Thank you.<br>

You will call to request and appt. Then someone from the department, for example, Gastroenterology will call you for medical history. Then that is presented to the physicians for review. Then you an appt is made once the appropriate doctor has accepted the case.

Hope this helps!!
Dawn

Please sign in or register to post a reply.