Grover's Disease: What works to help find relief?

Posted by 43219876x @43219876x, Sep 23, 2016

I have been diagnosed with Grover's disease under my breasts. I had a biopsy for diagnosis. Tried topical ointment with no really good results. Any ideas?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Skin Health Support Group.

@mariannj

I like the idea of a long plastic spoon. I have use a long wooden paint stirrer and a silicon spatula with a long handle. Not ideal but beter than nothing. I am going to try the plastic spoon next. It seems like it would have the best surface material.

Jump to this post

I have had GD going on 7 yrs, I guess I,m coming up to the 7yr. itch Ha! Iv,e had this crap all over me my feet all the way to my scalp It,s no fun as all of you know. But I don,t want to get off track, I live alone so I got a 3inch paint roller and a curved stick so that I could reach any part of my body that was about 6yrs ago abd I still have it today. If I ever get rid of this $%#& I will hang it on a wall and frame it. it,s been an itch saver. I use Iverest Cream, If you try it make sure that you let it dry first before you go to bed. I wear a synthtic shirt so it doesn,t stick. This is what I do every night and morning. And the GD is almost gone, it seems like everyone has a different way. So good luck. Please excuse the typing and spelling. 1943stan.

I tried the smoothies for 6 months a year ago with zero benefit. I do have a severe case of Grover's that has never gone into total remission in the 1.5 years since my diagnosis. The ongoing itching has me revisiting all the various treatment, creams and everything else suggested and tried....some only helping a little or not at all. Even though the half bunch cilantro smoothies were a total failure I did opt to try the Cilantro capsules along with the Chorella. Low and behold it seems to be helping quite a bit. I'm taking the suggested heavy dose of 2 Cilantro and 3 Chorella twice a day and it has reduced my itching everywhere except on my lower legs where it has always been the worst.

Like many others I had a bad case of Grover's that caused sleepless nights from an itchy rash on my chest, back and trunk - that also began extending to my arms and legs. After a biopsy diagnosed Grover's, I read up on what was working and tried Cilantro.

My first two weeks of Cilantro and daily shakes with 1 bunch per shake, were dreadful; - but after a couple of months I don't even taste it any more. I am able to limit itching and have 70% of the rash gone (except chest) by taking about 1/2 bunch daily. When I need to skip shakes for work or vacation travel - I take a larger shake for the 2 days before and also for the 2 days after returning, - and symptoms remain in check. I also benefit from light occasional natural sun exposure.

My dermatologist knew Grover's well but had not heard of Cilantro. My rash he said is "classic grovers", he has many patients with it. I also fit the classic profile - '50's male,
> past high sun exposure,
> past excessive sweating sessions (cycle classes- not sauna),
> metal/ mercury exposure (very high fish intake diet in past),
> deodorant clogging pore body washes (I mixed 3 brands and used it like suntan lotion),
> X-ray exposure (travel by air with frequent security x-rays, plus MRI),
> Mold exposure (Florida Bungalow apartment),
> Vaccine chemical exposure (Shingrix, and many MNRA boosters),
> Frequent temperature swing exposure (Frequent travel to Florida and then back north).

The main commonality I am curious about is the Mercury/Metal factor, where those who go through Chelation to remove metals contract Grovers or those exposed to metal / mercury contract Grovers. The Cilantro seems to balance this out and is know for filtering properties of the system and skin (although when tested it was never proven to be a significant Chelator that removes mercury). It seems like a drug company could replicate the Cilantro properties in a capsule where this disease and those similar to it - would be eradicated and that drug company would be rich!

@roncharles

Like many others I had a bad case of Grover's that caused sleepless nights from an itchy rash on my chest, back and trunk - that also began extending to my arms and legs. After a biopsy diagnosed Grover's, I read up on what was working and tried Cilantro.

My first two weeks of Cilantro and daily shakes with 1 bunch per shake, were dreadful; - but after a couple of months I don't even taste it any more. I am able to limit itching and have 70% of the rash gone (except chest) by taking about 1/2 bunch daily. When I need to skip shakes for work or vacation travel - I take a larger shake for the 2 days before and also for the 2 days after returning, - and symptoms remain in check. I also benefit from light occasional natural sun exposure.

My dermatologist knew Grover's well but had not heard of Cilantro. My rash he said is "classic grovers", he has many patients with it. I also fit the classic profile - '50's male,
> deodorant clogging pore body washes (I mixed 3 brands and used it like suntan lotion),
> Frequent temperature swing exposure (Frequent travel to Florida and then back north).

The main commonality I am curious about is the Mercury/Metal factor, where those who go through Chelation to remove metals contract Grovers or those exposed to metal / mercury contract Grovers. The Cilantro seems to balance this out and is know for filtering properties of the system and skin (although when tested it was never proven to be a significant Chelator that removes mercury). It seems like a drug company could replicate the Cilantro properties in a capsule where this disease and those similar to it - would be eradicated and that drug company would be rich!

Jump to this post

I am wondering if Cilantro will work with other autoimmune diseases that have breakouts on the skin?

@lisbeth

I am wondering if Cilantro will work with other autoimmune diseases that have breakouts on the skin?

Jump to this post

Grovers is not autoimmune, it can’t hurt though

@frogger

Yes, recently I had a return of Grover’s. Not major so I had cilantro smoothies for 10 days. Went away quickly but the easiest fix to Grover’s. I don’t know why some sufferers avoid it. It’s a no-brainer.

Jump to this post

Because cilantro doesn't work for some of us. I stuck with it for six months with no results. I read somewhere that it works for about 40% of Grover's sufferers.

I have found rubbing medicated powder into it twice a day keeps it under control for me. seems to dry it out. note, I only have a moderate case on my chest and a bit on my back. For severe outbreak, I use triamsinalone cream.

@bjwilliams

Because cilantro doesn't work for some of us. I stuck with it for six months with no results. I read somewhere that it works for about 40% of Grover's sufferers.

Jump to this post

I'm 90 days into it and haven't had any real relief. Some days are better and some days are worse. will probably try another 90 days. I am one of the people who can't stand cilantro so I'm taking capsules, four per day, with only one chlorella capsule as it smells even worse than cilantro.

@roncharles

Jump to this post

Cilantro helps less than 50% of Grover's patients, or less than 50% of those suffering from an extremely rare but non-fatal disease. I therefore doubt it would be in a drug company's economic interests to invest in developing such a drug as you propose.

You do have all the classic reasons for Grover’s disease. I never used to sweat but now it’s like a switch flipped and I do with hot flashes thrown in since I was 50. I’m 70 now and this just appeared after vaccines. I did worship the sun for years. The cilantro which I started about three weeks ago is not really doing anything yet and it’s worse than ever at the moment.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.