Grover's Disease: What works to help find relief?

Posted by 43219876x @43219876x, Sep 23, 2016

I have been diagnosed with Grover's disease under my breasts. I had a biopsy for diagnosis. Tried topical ointment with no really good results. Any ideas?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Skin Health Support Group.

@itchyandscratchy

I’m in my third day of trying the cilantro smoothie. I’ll try almost anything since so far nothing has worked. This isthe most healthy and really hoping it works.

Jump to this post

Thanks sooo much

@itchyandscratchy

I’m in my third day of trying the cilantro smoothie. I’ll try almost anything since so far nothing has worked. This isthe most healthy and really hoping it works.

Jump to this post

Ice packs on the itchy area, until it gets numb. Very effective, for me, as well as others.

@nodgabnoj

Ice packs on the itchy area, until it gets numb. Very effective, for me, as well as others.

Jump to this post

But it comes back after the ice is off

It is not a cure. There is no cure. So yes it does come back but it gives you quite a bit of relief if you leave the ice on long enough. Have you tried Cilantro smoothies?

@nodgabnoj

I tried your garlic remedy last night and will give it a week long experiment. Why do you let the garlic sit for a bit before you ingest it? Like everyone else on this site, I'm willing to try almost anything!! Thanks for the information.

Jump to this post

How is working so far?! The reason you should let it sit is because it triggers an enzyme reaction that boosts the healthy compounds in garlic.

I have used OTC hydrocortisone lotion 1% with success on Grover’s.
There is also a steroid /yeast combination cream by prescription from
your dermatologist for flare ups.

@kroe7

How is working so far?! The reason you should let it sit is because it triggers an enzyme reaction that boosts the healthy compounds in garlic.

Jump to this post

Thanks for the advice. I will post my impressions when I give it a bit more time. So far it may have had a positive effect.

@nodgabnoj

It is not a cure. There is no cure. So yes it does come back but it gives you quite a bit of relief if you leave the ice on long enough. Have you tried Cilantro smoothies?

Jump to this post

I’ve been drinking the cilantro smoothie for 5 days and it seems to be helping but I’ve thought that before and then it’s back with a vengeance 😩

@itchyandscratchy

I’ve been drinking the cilantro smoothie for 5 days and it seems to be helping but I’ve thought that before and then it’s back with a vengeance 😩

Jump to this post

4 years ago I took the smoothies every day for 4 months before quitting. I was clear of Grover’s during that time and never had a flare up until recently. Than 10 days of smoothies and I’m clear again.

@frogger

4 years ago I took the smoothies every day for 4 months before quitting. I was clear of Grover’s during that time and never had a flare up until recently. Than 10 days of smoothies and I’m clear again.

Jump to this post

I’m trying 😛

Please sign in or register to post a reply.