How about a laugh, (hopefully)

Posted by Leonard @jakedduck1, Dec 31, 2018

I believe laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has actually been scientifically proven to help people with depression issues.
Let’s give it a try so we can all get happy and feel better. Many Epilepsy forums I’ve been on had joke sections. I was probably the biggest joke of all since I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. They said the jokes couldn’t be above 4th grade level for me to understand them so my jokes may be rather simplistic but let’s give it a try.
Have a lovely day everyone,
Jake

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@johnbishop
I don't think you’re slow John. I doubt a group ever said jokes couldn’t exceed fourth grade level for you to understand like happened to me. Never admit you don't get a joke and you'll be safe.
Jake

@scottrl

Nobody got that?

I even put a big clue in the attachment file name:
Mare + Eek + Wrist + Moss.

Jump to this post

it's the chemo brain.
oh that's right, i am not on chemo.
it's just my brain that couldn't get it.
clever.

what do you get from a pampered cow?
spoiled milk

Have your elf a merry little Christmas.
I'm pine-ing for you this Christmas.
Fir real...have a merry Christmas.
All you needle is love.

I have a friend who keeps exotic birds as pets.

Instead of keeping them caged, he gives them freedom within his house.

One evening, he had set up a chess board, in anticipation of a friend coming over the next day.

The next morning, he noticed a piece had been moved overnight!

He was totally mystified, until he thought about it for a minute and realized...

Toucan play at that game.

Updating my friends here, hope someone can tell Ginger and Rosemary A if they don't see it here. And my apologies for inserting something here that isn't the least bit funny but I can use your support. Just got home last night after 8 days in a medical center in a nearby town following a freak accident where a supposedly working automatic door closed on me in my wheelchair, hit the controller arm and pressed the accelerator toggle on the chair to send the power chair flying across the sidewalk (with me in it) and slammed me into a metal post. For the sake of preventing anyone from being queasy, let me just say that as a retired nurse the injury to my leg would make you sick to look at it - quite an avulsion, took away skin and adipose tissue and muscle clear to the bone. Property owner's insurance company has offered an insulting settlement, especially since I will need weeks of wound care and eventually surgery or surgeries. Meanwhile I cannot pay for my medical care and am struggling to survive at home because I cannot go to a nursing home. So am asking for good vibes. Thanks.

This one has stuck with me for decades, giving me belly curls, the first time I read was in the Readers Digest. So likely many might know it.

The mother took her sixteen year old daughter -- raised with rigid norms about sex and marriage -- to the local doctor to find out why she was feeling out of sorts. Doctor tells them the girl is pregnant. As the mother gives her questioning eyes, the daughter says, "Mom, you know I've nothing to do with the boys." They both look at the doctor, who slowly walks toward a window and stares into the sky. Minutes pass when the mother finally ask, "What are you looking for, doctor?" The doctor says I am looking for a star; for the last time a woman got pregnant without a man, a star had appeared in the East.

@kamama94

Updating my friends here, hope someone can tell Ginger and Rosemary A if they don't see it here. And my apologies for inserting something here that isn't the least bit funny but I can use your support. Just got home last night after 8 days in a medical center in a nearby town following a freak accident where a supposedly working automatic door closed on me in my wheelchair, hit the controller arm and pressed the accelerator toggle on the chair to send the power chair flying across the sidewalk (with me in it) and slammed me into a metal post. For the sake of preventing anyone from being queasy, let me just say that as a retired nurse the injury to my leg would make you sick to look at it - quite an avulsion, took away skin and adipose tissue and muscle clear to the bone. Property owner's insurance company has offered an insulting settlement, especially since I will need weeks of wound care and eventually surgery or surgeries. Meanwhile I cannot pay for my medical care and am struggling to survive at home because I cannot go to a nursing home. So am asking for good vibes. Thanks.

Jump to this post

Why can't you go to a nursing home?

@kamama94

Jump to this post

Oh Kamama, so sorry to hear! With all the good vibes that you have sent out here, you deserve some good karma back at you. Sending you my best vibes and wishes!
Keep us posted.

@blackcat

Why can't you go to a nursing home?

Jump to this post

Complicated reasons, mostly financial and inadequate insurance plus several chronic illnesses including dietary issues nursing homes can't handle well. I will lose everything (what little social security income I now have) and one awful biggie is I will lose my service dog. Because of my injury, I can't handle several things right now, including his care, and the ADA laws clearly state the dog must be under control by the disabled person or a service dog handler. No family available to help and friends have no transportation as most are also disabled. There's more but I'd rather not go into detail. I just need good vibes.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.