How about a laugh, (hopefully)

Posted by Leonard @jakedduck1, Dec 31, 2018

I believe laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has actually been scientifically proven to help people with depression issues.
Let’s give it a try so we can all get happy and feel better. Many Epilepsy forums I’ve been on had joke sections. I was probably the biggest joke of all since I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. They said the jokes couldn’t be above 4th grade level for me to understand them so my jokes may be rather simplistic but let’s give it a try.
Have a lovely day everyone,
Jake

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

I found this while looking for something else, and thought I would share it.

@sisyphus

This one has stuck with me for decades, giving me belly curls, the first time I read was in the Readers Digest. So likely many might know it.

The mother took her sixteen year old daughter -- raised with rigid norms about sex and marriage -- to the local doctor to find out why she was feeling out of sorts. Doctor tells them the girl is pregnant. As the mother gives her questioning eyes, the daughter says, "Mom, you know I've nothing to do with the boys." They both look at the doctor, who slowly walks toward a window and stares into the sky. Minutes pass when the mother finally ask, "What are you looking for, doctor?" The doctor says I am looking for a star; for the last time a woman got pregnant without a man, a star had appeared in the East.

Jump to this post

Another oldie, moldy from RD:

Did you hear about the pregnant mermaid?

It was an act of cod.

@kamama94

Complicated reasons, mostly financial and inadequate insurance plus several chronic illnesses including dietary issues nursing homes can't handle well. I will lose everything (what little social security income I now have) and one awful biggie is I will lose my service dog. Because of my injury, I can't handle several things right now, including his care, and the ADA laws clearly state the dog must be under control by the disabled person or a service dog handler. No family available to help and friends have no transportation as most are also disabled. There's more but I'd rather not go into detail. I just need good vibes.

Jump to this post

So sorry to hear about your misfortunes, kamama. Can you start a GoFundMe page to get some financial help?

@itchyd

So sorry to hear about your misfortunes, kamama. Can you start a GoFundMe page to get some financial help?

Jump to this post

Don't know how. Also can't have extra money or can lose my housing. All I can say in public.

a grasshopper goes into a bar and orders a martini.
bartender: you know we have a drink named after you.
grasshopper: really? you have a drink named Abner?

You are funny man Jake love your sense of humor. I am a researcher and also suggester as I am not a doctor, at least with a degree. I have found cures to many problems, like A-fib. There are three types but all three are helped by a simple trick. (sing) ya sing. It is brought on by stress and any of the negative emotions. I save my friend 5000.00 dollars when he had an attack recently and did this, that's what it cost him when he went to the hospital.
I merely suggest Harold

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
Isaac Asimov

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

Sadly, I have found myself distorting the facts more frequently than usual, especially in terms of my healthcare. A while back I suggested to my PCP that he run a cortisol test at the behest of my former rheumatologist, who told me that a cortisol test result was as rare as hens teeth. However, I had read that some of my symptoms resembled those of one who has a low or irregular cortisol test result. Because this test has to be done early in the morning, I finally had it done today. And guess what, it is over the top abnormal low. I realize more testing will have to be done to determine the cause, but at the very least I am sure glad I have learned to "play doctor" from time to time.

@kamama94

Complicated reasons, mostly financial and inadequate insurance plus several chronic illnesses including dietary issues nursing homes can't handle well. I will lose everything (what little social security income I now have) and one awful biggie is I will lose my service dog. Because of my injury, I can't handle several things right now, including his care, and the ADA laws clearly state the dog must be under control by the disabled person or a service dog handler. No family available to help and friends have no transportation as most are also disabled. There's more but I'd rather not go into detail. I just need good vibes.

Jump to this post

Pray
Miracles happen

In reply to @sheilawhitern "Pray Miracles happen" + (show)
@sheilawhitern

Pray
Miracles happen

Jump to this post

Thank you

Please sign in or register to post a reply.