How about a laugh, (hopefully)

Posted by Leonard @jakedduck1, Dec 31, 2018

I believe laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has actually been scientifically proven to help people with depression issues.
Let’s give it a try so we can all get happy and feel better. Many Epilepsy forums I’ve been on had joke sections. I was probably the biggest joke of all since I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. They said the jokes couldn’t be above 4th grade level for me to understand them so my jokes may be rather simplistic but let’s give it a try.
Have a lovely day everyone,
Jake

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@blackcat

A rabbi, a priest and a minister walk into a bar. The bartender says, "What, is this a joke?"

Jump to this post

Had to give a hug cuz I can't like it twice!

@itchyd

A signal from 11 million miles away was received.

"Yes, I am still mad at you."

Jump to this post

Very good thanks!

@flamingal

still funny - was getting ready to put up next week's "pills" for self, dog & cat, saw i put dog's flea/tick chewy in my minder for next Tuesday. has to be a stand up/sit down comedy routine around here somewhere - if i haven't mis-placed that as well.

Jump to this post

I had a similar thing happen:

I mistakenly served up Sparky's Alpo instead of the goose pate at our housewarming party.

We started off with a couple of rounds of cocktails and jello shots, so I don't think anybody noticed.

@sisyphus

On waking up as I looked outside the window it was overcast and breeze was refreshingly cool-lite; a few push-ups and Pilates after as I opened the laptop to see my email, my belly started to laughtercise. What more do I want from life?

Jump to this post

I've always slept in the nude.

The other morning I got up and it felt so good out that I decided to leave it out all day.

@lolaemma

Very good thanks!

Jump to this post

A signal from 11 million miles away wasn't received.

Next time, I'll use Energizers.

@itchyd

I had a similar thing happen:

I mistakenly served up Sparky's Alpo instead of the goose pate at our housewarming party.

We started off with a couple of rounds of cocktails and jello shots, so I don't think anybody noticed.

Jump to this post

once (only so far) had all pills in one minder for the then 2 dogs and me. Trazadone for Bentley, melting D for me - you can guess where this is going - took my (?) D, but when giving B his - realized i'd taken his T - both little white round pills. too late to reverse mistake, got everyone else properly medicated, fed, litter boxes done as was feeling the "hit". turned answering machine on, melted into couch for a 2 hour coma. now all pills in separate marked minders, also diffferent colors. even though all pills now are completely dissimilar, i am still me . . .

@flamingal

once (only so far) had all pills in one minder for the then 2 dogs and me. Trazadone for Bentley, melting D for me - you can guess where this is going - took my (?) D, but when giving B his - realized i'd taken his T - both little white round pills. too late to reverse mistake, got everyone else properly medicated, fed, litter boxes done as was feeling the "hit". turned answering machine on, melted into couch for a 2 hour coma. now all pills in separate marked minders, also diffferent colors. even though all pills now are completely dissimilar, i am still me . . .

Jump to this post

I know what Trazadone is, but not familiar with melting (?) D. Is it also an anti-anxiety drug? From your "coma" experience, it must be one, or maybe an antidepressant or benzo?

Glad Bentley got back on schedule: I know what it's like to struggle with a nervous critter. I feel bad for them and it makes me nervous, too.

My wife's in charge of the pills and she's a CPA: Never made an accounting error in her life and constantly reminds me about mine!

@blackcat

A rabbi, a priest and a minister walk into a bar. The bartender says, "What, is this a joke?"

Jump to this post

One of my faves (slightly bawdy):

A woman walked into a bar and asked the bartender for a double entendre.

So, he gave her one.

the "melting" vitamin D is sublingual, as is my B12; is absorbed under tongue, bypassing the digestive system which can interfere with or block absorption. was years ago, but lesson learned!

Trazadone can be used for pain, sleep, to enhance actions of other meds, in human and non-human animals. 15# "PooHuaHua/Choodle"- nary a nod, me -out cold. our livers metabolize drugs differently. assured vet that he did not get my D - would have been dangerous for him at 15#; i slept quietly under the bus . . .

Please sign in or register to post a reply.