How about a laugh, (hopefully)

Posted by Leonard @jakedduck1, Dec 31, 2018

I believe laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has actually been scientifically proven to help people with depression issues.
Let’s give it a try so we can all get happy and feel better. Many Epilepsy forums I’ve been on had joke sections. I was probably the biggest joke of all since I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. They said the jokes couldn’t be above 4th grade level for me to understand them so my jokes may be rather simplistic but let’s give it a try.
Have a lovely day everyone,
Jake

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@lacy2

This isn't a joke but I can't find the "favourite sayings" site and, actually, this is not one of my favourite sayings but might be from now on: opened a new kibrary book to read last night and this on first page:

"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards."
(Soren Kiekkegaard"

Oh how very true!

... anyone direct me to the sayings page? Thanks

Jump to this post

@captboat

This is a true story (almost). I bought some really green bananas and by the time got through walking in Walmart parking lot, the bananas were almost ripe! Temperature over 100 degrees.

Jump to this post

...we almost 80 yrs olds dont buy green bananas either, they might "outlive" us..... tempting fate? 🙂

@lacy2

This isn't a joke but I can't find the "favourite sayings" site and, actually, this is not one of my favourite sayings but might be from now on: opened a new kibrary book to read last night and this on first page:

"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards."
(Soren Kiekkegaard"

Oh how very true!

... anyone direct me to the sayings page? Thanks

Jump to this post

Hey there, Valerie,

To find other threads, like the quote one, you can go to the top of the page where it says "search" and type in "how about a laugh" or "inspiring quotes," hit enter, and it will take you to a list of messages that folks have posted. Look down the list to find a message from the group you want and click on it. It may not take you to the last post, but it will get you in the vicinity.

I both love and hate technology! You post funny stuff, Val!

"Mother! I did not call you to be spoken to as a child. I am a grown woman. I am not that little girl anymore. Put my father on the phone, right now!"

Pause and wait.

"HI DADDY"

@lacy2

...we almost 80 yrs olds dont buy green bananas either, they might "outlive" us..... tempting fate? 🙂

Jump to this post

My octogenarian date is 11/11...and I don't watch scary movies (I don't like to pay people to scare me), I don't eat spicy-hot food (I have a pain aversion), l don't spit in the wind (that's just dumb), and I don't step on Superman’s cape ( he’s “faster than a speeding bullet) but I do feel like I ‘m walking on the wild side when I buy the green bananas💕

"Jellyfish have survived many years without a brain. This gives so many people hope!".

I was reading a book about gravity the other day. It was so good I couldn't put it down!

This is old, but, it's still funny!

A FROG, A BANK AND A LOAN

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller whose name is Patricia Whack. So he says, "Ms. Whack, I'd like to get a loan to buy a boat. Patti looks at the frog and asks how much he wants to borrow. The frog says $30,000.
The teller asks his name and the frog says that his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's OK, he knows the bank manager.
Patti explains that $30,000 is a substantial amount of money and that he will need to secure some collateral against the loan. She asks if he has anything he can use as collateral.
The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny pink porcelain elephant, about half an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.

Patti finds the manager and says "There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000. He wants to use this as collateral." She holds up the tiny pink elephant. "I mean, what in the world is this?"

The bank manager says: "It's a knick knack, Patti Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone"

@ covidstinks2023

I knew there was a pattiwhack coming..so funny!

FL Mary

From a retired math teacher: "Five out of four people don't understand fractions"

Please sign in or register to post a reply.