How about a laugh, (hopefully)

Posted by Leonard @jakedduck1, Dec 31, 2018

I believe laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has actually been scientifically proven to help people with depression issues.
Let’s give it a try so we can all get happy and feel better. Many Epilepsy forums I’ve been on had joke sections. I was probably the biggest joke of all since I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. They said the jokes couldn’t be above 4th grade level for me to understand them so my jokes may be rather simplistic but let’s give it a try.
Have a lovely day everyone,
Jake

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

Here is a riddle that I heard on a Netflix movie:

What did the magician ask the fisherman?
PICK A COD, ANY COD.

@coffeedrinker

PICK A COD, ANY COD.

Jump to this post

...love it and I always wanted an "accent"

@kamama94

The anesthesiologist offered to knock me out with gas or a boat paddle. It's an ether/oar situation.

Jump to this post

quickly writing this down have a dentist appointment soon! she'll love it ! thanx

@lacy2

Jump to this post

To many people around the world, you do have an accent!

@coffeedrinker

PICK A COD, ANY COD.

Jump to this post

That is funny. The magician must be from Boston.

@lyndac1027

To many people around the world, you do have an accent!

Jump to this post

haha so very true lyndac... over 60 yrs ago came to Canada from uk when 18 and sometimes when i am nervous and esp. speaking to a stranger they pick up my very very slight accent! (London) re the joke, and the word card pronounced "cod' i thought a new york one? I like it ... odd tho now rare occasion i put tv on and see a British show I can hardly understand but they dont just have the one... depends on where you live and there are accents from the "posh" to like my Dad "cockney" to Coronatin Street! 🙂

in reply to @johnbishop "What do you call a hippo that swears a lot? A hippo potty mouth."

@olderdiva12345

Thank you, Fran. It sounds as though you understand "removing toxic people from your life" without critisism. You have fun a Harvest Day whereever that is and sans makeup? No lip gloss? Just kidding. You do as you please.

Jump to this post

in reply to @olderdiva12345 Thank you. Harvest Day was fantastic, sans makeup, although I never leave the apartment without lipstick. I actually tried applying the makeup while getting ready and ended up washing it all off. My sister was here yesterday, and I brought her up to date on the "holocaust victim" issue, and she reaffirmed that I do not look like one. We both agreed however, that a little eye concealer might help, and I will try to get some this week.
I met so many wonderful people at the event on Saturday, including a local group in my area called The Renaissance Society, a group sponsored by Sacramento State University. It is for those over age 50 who want to take courses, meet other like minded people and things of that nature. The course catalog is impressive, and I plan to join. They have courses such as history, philosophy, art, etc. For $100 a year, one can take as many courses as they want. Some are "zoom" and others are in the classroom. And I bet I will meet others who know what "carpe diem" means. LOL

@frances007

in reply to @johnbishop "What do you call a hippo that swears a lot? A hippo potty mouth."

Jump to this post

🤣

@lacy2

Jump to this post

Many years ago when I first moved to south Dallas, Texas a lady asked where I was from. I said originally from Washington, DC. She said I know you not from ‘round here ‘cause you talk funny. I said yes ma’am!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.