How about a laugh, (hopefully)

Posted by Leonard @jakedduck1, Dec 31, 2018

I believe laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has actually been scientifically proven to help people with depression issues.
Let’s give it a try so we can all get happy and feel better. Many Epilepsy forums I’ve been on had joke sections. I was probably the biggest joke of all since I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. They said the jokes couldn’t be above 4th grade level for me to understand them so my jokes may be rather simplistic but let’s give it a try.
Have a lovely day everyone,
Jake

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@loribmt

Another burst out laughing yoke! Love it.

FL Mary

...at this very moment I do not feel like laughing at all , on bed with various issues and even contemplating whether to go to emerge or no or what to do but I must admit I could not stop my lips from curling into a smile... now I expect a joke from the 'men' ..
in the meantime here's hoping our day finishes better than it began, j. 🦋

@loribmt

Eleven people were hanging on a rope under a helicopter.

10 men and 1 woman. The rope wasn’t strong enough to carry them all, so they decided that one of them had to leave, because otherwise they were all going to fall.
They weren’t able to choose that person until a woman gave a very touching speech.
She said that she’d voluntarily let go of the rope because, as a woman, she was used to giving up everything for her husband and kids or for men in general and was used to always making sacrifices with little in return.

As soon as she finished her speech, all the men started clapping…

Jump to this post

That got a lol from me! Thanks so much 👏🏼🏋🏻‍♀️

What a great way to start the day - with a laugh. Thank you, I needed that.

@loribmt

10 men and 1 woman. The rope wasn’t strong enough to carry them all, so they decided that one of them had to leave, because otherwise they were all going to fall.
They weren’t able to choose that person until a woman gave a very touching speech.
She said that she’d voluntarily let go of the rope because, as a woman, she was used to giving up everything for her husband and kids or for men in general and was used to always making sacrifices with little in return.

Jump to this post

Very funny!!

@tidel

What a great way to start the day - with a laugh. Thank you, I needed that.

Jump to this post

@tidel @imallears @SusanEllen66 @lacy2 @adr (in reference to this joke: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/comment/745496/

My daughter and I thought it was funny too! My husband and son-in-law, not so much. 😂🤣 That made us both laugh all the harder!
Then my husband jokingly asked, “When did you sacrifice something for me?” With a cheesy smile, I pointed to the extra brownie on his plate, then looked at my plate holding just a scoop of fresh fruit. giggle!! (I didn’t really want the brownie but he didn’t need to know that…). My son-in-law clapped!! I won that round! 🤣

@loribmt

Jump to this post

@loribmt This is hysterical because I did not see the punchline coming. I just read it to my partner and he liked it too. 🤣

@loribmt

@tidel @imallears @SusanEllen66 @lacy2 @adr (in reference to this joke: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/comment/745496/

My daughter and I thought it was funny too! My husband and son-in-law, not so much. 😂🤣 That made us both laugh all the harder!
Then my husband jokingly asked, “When did you sacrifice something for me?” With a cheesy smile, I pointed to the extra brownie on his plate, then looked at my plate holding just a scoop of fresh fruit. giggle!! (I didn’t really want the brownie but he didn’t need to know that…). My son-in-law clapped!! I won that round! 🤣

Jump to this post

@loribmt Ah, no sense of humor with the males in the household. How many times have I offered the last morsel of dark chocolate to my partner? 🧁 OK, so the emoji is a cupcake but you get my point. I'm with you. Now that's what I call sacrifice - sacrificing the extra brownie!! Yes, you did win that one!😜😂

@naturegirl5

@loribmt Ah, no sense of humor with the males in the household. How many times have I offered the last morsel of dark chocolate to my partner? 🧁 OK, so the emoji is a cupcake but you get my point. I'm with you. Now that's what I call sacrifice - sacrificing the extra brownie!! Yes, you did win that one!😜😂

Jump to this post

Seems like we women have a much better sense of humor. Must be from all the sacrificing we’ve done over the years! We get hardened. 🤣😂.
Sacrificing our chocolate is the ultimate…le sigh.

@naturegirl5

Jump to this post

Here's some chocolate for you, Helen 🍫
A whole bar!
😹

Please sign in or register to post a reply.