Every transplant patient has a unique story to tell. Let's create this place to share our stories. By sharing, we can meet others like us, we can encourage people who are at the beginning of their journey, and we can support those who are on the waiting list.
Here are some questions for you to consider as you write your story:
– Focus on yourself and how you felt, what you did, who helped you.
– How did you find out that you would need an organ transplant?
– What was the waiting and recovery like for you?
– How has your life changed since your transplant?
Organ donation and transplant is a very personal. To respect the privacy of all be sure to have permission before sharing identifying details about others involved in your story, for example
– your donor/recipient (age, circumstances of death, etc)
– your caregiver or family members (say "my husband", rather than using a full name)
What is your transplant story?
Note: If you want to ask a question for another member who has posted their transplant story here in this discussion, be sure to add their @membername in your post, for example @rosemarya. Your question may already be discussed in other transplant discussions. Be sure to check here first: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/group/transplants/ That way this discussion can be reserved for member transplant stories and hopefully make it easier to read and find similar symptoms to your own.