Living with Neuropathy - Welcome to the group

Welcome to the Neuropathy group.
This is a welcoming, safe place where you can meet other people who are dealing with neuropathy. Let’s learn from each other and share stories about living well with neuropathy, coping with the challenges and offering tips.

I’m Colleen, and I’m the moderator of this group, and Community Director of Connect. Chances are you’ll to be greeted by volunteer patient Mentor John (@johnbishop) and fellow members when you post to this group. Learn more about Moderators and Mentors on Connect.

We look forward to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.
Let’s chat. Why not start by introducing yourself? What concerns would you like to talk about?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

@suzirtist

Neuropathy and Acupucture. Has anyone had success with it?

Jump to this post

I tried acupuncture with no success.

@preknight

I tried acupuncture with no success.

Jump to this post

Me too! Nothing has worked and I am miserable wiith constant foot and leg pain..like being at a campsite with my feet and legs in the fire---continuous!!!!!! Is there ANYTHING that would help? No balance either.....

@madgemgunia

Me too! Nothing has worked and I am miserable wiith constant foot and leg pain..like being at a campsite with my feet and legs in the fire---continuous!!!!!! Is there ANYTHING that would help? No balance either.....

Jump to this post

I only have pain in one foot. Hurts all day long. I take clonazepam to help me sleep each night. I have spent thousands of dollars trying to find relief...without results. I also have balance issues. The disease seems to be progressing.

@suzirtist, @preknight and @madgemgunia, It sounds like you have similar neuropathy symptoms and haven't found anything that helps yet. I'm wondering if reading what other members have shared in this discussion might be helpful.

Member Neuropathy Journey Stories: What's Yours?: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/member-neuoropathy-journey-stories-whats-yours/

The Foundation for Peripheral Neuropathy also has a lot of different alternative treatments that might be helpful if you haven't already tried them -- https://www.foundationforpn.org/treatments/

@suzirtist

Jump to this post

I had 20 treatments with no success.

@suzirtist

Jump to this post

No success with accupuncture, but have had more success at improving balance from chiropractor.

Has anyone tried Vicks rub to relieve neuropathy?

@swanny58

Jump to this post

I use it daily as it takes the edge off. My symptoms are mostly numbness and tingling. First I massage in Aquaphor cream followed by the Vicks. The massage helps me, too.

@swanny58

Jump to this post

I use a spray called Little Miracle (faster pain relief). It is a convenient spray (. an Herbal Formula, Natural Menthol), Made in the USA. I spray it on at night and get fast relief and it helps me fall asleep. It probably has the same effect as Vicks. I am not trying to sell this product, For all i know it may just be having a placebo effect on me. I mention it because you shared how Vicks, a menthol type product has helped you. Information for the product can be obtained at http://www.pantexinc.com

@swanny58

Jump to this post

Yes actually. Lathered on soles of my feet. It does give some relief

Please sign in or register to post a reply.