How about a laugh, (hopefully)

Posted by Leonard @jakedduck1, Dec 31, 2018

I believe laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has actually been scientifically proven to help people with depression issues.
Let’s give it a try so we can all get happy and feel better. Many Epilepsy forums I’ve been on had joke sections. I was probably the biggest joke of all since I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. They said the jokes couldn’t be above 4th grade level for me to understand them so my jokes may be rather simplistic but let’s give it a try.
Have a lovely day everyone,
Jake

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@imallears

@loribmt

Lucky you heading home leaving me to swelter in Florida’s humidity. Right now it’s beautiful with low humidity but wait……it’s coming…..Arghus

FL Mary

Jump to this post

We are in the panhandle…the weather has been perfect all winter, mild, and just lately, mid-70s. Not as steamy as southern FL. You’re welcome to come up to Wisconsin to visit. ☺️. ☃️❄️

Good morning, jokesters! (FL Mary, that's a great salutation)

I'm working on a comeback for FL Mary's parallel lines joke, which was very funny...
Meanwhile, I'll go on a tangent with this joke I stole from another source.

It's turkey hunting season.
Old man says: I shot my first turkey yesterday. Scared everyone in the frozen food section.

(I'm in a tough spot physically and mentally right now, and so I really extra-appreciate the jokes. Yesterday, I went to PT then slept most of the day. That's why I didn't harass you-all.)

Thanks! Have a great day, jokesters!

I was a bookkeeper for 10 years.

The local library was not too happy about it.

FL Mary

@loribmt

@lagrange5 and @imallears OMG. I’m laughing so hard at both of your quick replies. I’m a bit off my game and distracted today. Husband and I are in the throws of packing and cleaning the condo to head back home to the great cold north…time to be a responsible adults and go home after living in Sunny Florida for many months. Road trip…I’ll be hit and miss for a couple days.
Now, don’t be L7 losers, nor catty while I’m gone! 😅

Jump to this post

Enjoy the journey from the land of gator to the land of badger.

A paraprosdokian is a figure of speech, in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected and is frequently humorous:

Where there's a will there's relatives.

I'd like to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

The coroner was overjoyed at his new job. He was just dying to get it.

The attorney wrote a legal brief that contained 10,000 words.

The bookkeeper couldn't find the error, There was no accounting for it.

I used to be conceited, but now I'm perfect.

I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find one these days.

My friend is extremely tolerant. She can really hold a grudge.

I'm not superstitious. I just like to wear my lucky socks.

@lagrange5

Wow...a new word for me....totally unexpected and surprising.

Really..that's so cool to learn a new word...hard to beat...like a boiled egg.

I love this thread..thanks.

FL Mary

@annewoodmayo

Good morning, jokesters! (FL Mary, that's a great salutation)

I'm working on a comeback for FL Mary's parallel lines joke, which was very funny...
Meanwhile, I'll go on a tangent with this joke I stole from another source.

It's turkey hunting season.
Old man says: I shot my first turkey yesterday. Scared everyone in the frozen food section.

(I'm in a tough spot physically and mentally right now, and so I really extra-appreciate the jokes. Yesterday, I went to PT then slept most of the day. That's why I didn't harass you-all.)

Thanks! Have a great day, jokesters!

Jump to this post

I can sympathize with the hunter. I am banned from the Home Depot all because I had to go to the bathroom. If they didn’t want us using the toilet section they have on the floor, why’d they put it there?

Attention Jokesters

I have a stepladder because my real ladder left when I was a kid.

Enjoy your Saturday, a strong day like Sunday…all the other days are week days.

FL Mary

When you celebrate New Year's Eve, remember that the date will be

@lagrange5

When you celebrate New Year's Eve, remember that the date will be

Jump to this post

It would have been better if I wrote it as

Just be certain that on the very next day you lift your left leg, so that you begin the new year on the right foot.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.