How about a laugh, (hopefully)

Posted by Leonard @jakedduck1, Dec 31, 2018

I believe laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has actually been scientifically proven to help people with depression issues.
Let’s give it a try so we can all get happy and feel better. Many Epilepsy forums I’ve been on had joke sections. I was probably the biggest joke of all since I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. They said the jokes couldn’t be above 4th grade level for me to understand them so my jokes may be rather simplistic but let’s give it a try.
Have a lovely day everyone,
Jake

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@lagrange5

@annewoodmayo
My high school English teacher, Mrs. Page, would have loved your discussion. She laughingly taught us the preposition "rule" as well as telling us that using a double negative was "redundant".

She probably presumed that the predisposition to position a preposition with precision at the end of a pronouncement was not a propitious, but a presumptuous, proposition.

Jump to this post

@lagrange5

Good grief! You’re alliterating alot. You and @annewoodmayo must be blessed with brilliant brains. You are literally leaking literacy .

FL Mary

I’m definitely done

@lagrange5

@annewoodmayo
My high school English teacher, Mrs. Page, would have loved your discussion. She laughingly taught us the preposition "rule" as well as telling us that using a double negative was "redundant".

She probably presumed that the predisposition to position a preposition with precision at the end of a pronouncement was not a propitious, but a presumptuous, proposition.

Jump to this post

OMG- I've never seen such a packet of perfectly positioned alliteration in my life!!
haha!
I wonder if I am as old as Mrs. Page would be...

@imallears

@lagrange5

Good grief! You’re alliterating alot. You and @annewoodmayo must be blessed with brilliant brains. You are literally leaking literacy .

FL Mary

I’m definitely done

Jump to this post

Hey there, FL Mary,
you are definitely faster and funnier than I am! I'll add more fluent and flowing, too! I am frequently flabbergasted by your flippant replies!

Have a great day, everybody! Thanks for improving mine! I really get a kick out of youse.

"Youse"-- which is pronounced as the verb "use" is pronounced-- is Philadelphian for you-all, yins, vous and Uds. My grandmother insisted that there was no such word as "youse," which was mightily confusing to me as a child since my grandfather used "youse" multiple times a day. Hmm. Haha

@annewoodmayo

Hey there, FL Mary,
you are definitely faster and funnier than I am! I'll add more fluent and flowing, too! I am frequently flabbergasted by your flippant replies!

Have a great day, everybody! Thanks for improving mine! I really get a kick out of youse.

"Youse"-- which is pronounced as the verb "use" is pronounced-- is Philadelphian for you-all, yins, vous and Uds. My grandmother insisted that there was no such word as "youse," which was mightily confusing to me as a child since my grandfather used "youse" multiple times a day. Hmm. Haha

Jump to this post

Morning friends
from across the Atlantic
I want to take this time to wish you all a were Happy St.Patrick’s Day
I have just returned from my chapel mass which celebrates 50years opening today and is called St.Patrick’s Church
Very few members around today that were there for the construction, including my own husband Michael,who had so many fond memories of it being built ..gone now too😢
Now a time gone by.
Don’t forget
‘Every day is a Gift
That’s why it called the Present ‘💝
Have a happy St. Patrick’s Day ☘️
Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona daoibh go léir.
💚🇮🇪☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

And of course in honor of St Patty’s Day there needs to be a wee bit O’ Irish humor…this joke is from my neighbor who is Irish on both sides…

Six Irish men were playing poker when one of them played a bad hand and died.
The rest drew straws to see who would tell his wife.
One man draws the shortest straw and goes to his friend’s house to tell the wife.
The man says to her, “Your husband lost some money in the poker game and is afraid to come home.”
The wife says, "Tell him to drop dead!" The man responds, "I'll go tell him."

Top of the afternoon this St Patrick’s Day

What do you call a fake Irish stone?

A shamrock.

What do you call an Irishman covered in boils?

A leper-chaun.

Your welcome
Fl Irish Mary

An Irish proverb:
A good friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have.

The luck of the Irish to everyone today!

"Doctor, now that you've given me a complete physical examination, can you please tell me what's causing all those pains."

"Well, you've got gall stones, kidney stones, and bladder stones. Welcome to the Stone Age."

"Doctor, did I break any bones when I fell down all those stairs?'

"No, you didn't. And you don't seem worried at all about your fall."

"I've learned to positive in my old age. When I hit the floor, I said 'Wow! That's the fastest I've moved in years."

Please sign in or register to post a reply.