Heavy perfume in medical facilities, or anywhere, really
How do we get through to people that this could actually cause great respiratory distress? Even death.
I told a hotel guest the other day, in the kindest way possible, that I was allergic to her and she needed to understand what her chemical scent could do to those with respitory issues. She was headed to Mayo. I imagined the poor patients with even more severe conditions. It was the first time I ever said that to anyone’s face, but felt it needed to be said.
I’ve experienced this a great deal this week, even with clinic staff. To date, I’ve had 0 complaints about MC, but I hope they are listening now and will work to make their buildings perfume free.