Grover's Disease: What works to help find relief?

Posted by 43219876x @43219876x, Sep 23, 2016

I have been diagnosed with Grover's disease under my breasts. I had a biopsy for diagnosis. Tried topical ointment with no really good results. Any ideas?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Skin Health Support Group.

@gardeningjunkie I am traveling to Jamaica next week and I don't know if they'll have fresh cilantro for me to pick up. I also don't know if I can travel with it. Have you tried cilantro vitamins or vitamin A or anything else that works as well as or close to as fresh CILANTRO? My outbreak is much improved and I'd hate for it to fully come back on my trip. Thank you!

@fedupwithgrover I began with the cilantro pills. Ordered them online and it took over a week. I was taking 3 a day and they helped stop mine from worsening. I only began the fresh cilantro a week ago. It wouldn't hurt to get the pills. I bought organic. Not cheap but better than nothing.

fedupwithgrover- I ordered cilantro tablets on line. I make a fresh cilantro smoothy in the morning and am adding a few cilantro tablets at night. If I were you I would pack some tablets. If you have access to a grocery store in Jamaica I bet they stock the fresh. Have you tried contacting your hotel or resort to ask if they have fresh in their kitchen that could be made available for you or if a grocery store is nearby? Good luck especially since you are improved. Let us know what you figure out.

@fedupwithgrover

@gardeningjunkie I am traveling to Jamaica next week and I don't know if they'll have fresh cilantro for me to pick up. I also don't know if I can travel with it. Have you tried cilantro vitamins or vitamin A or anything else that works as well as or close to as fresh CILANTRO? My outbreak is much improved and I'd hate for it to fully come back on my trip. Thank you!

Jump to this post

With Grover's heat and sweat are often triggers so we need to try to keep our skin from sweating. If you are female I have a site with comfortable summer weight 100% cotton gauze women's clothing that would be great in Jamaica. Oh My Gauze. They are a slow shipper as it normally takes about 2 weeks to receive it and that may not work for you. Well made and washes great with no shrinkage or color bleed.

@mariannj

@fedupwithgrover I began with the cilantro pills. Ordered them online and it took over a week. I was taking 3 a day and they helped stop mine from worsening. I only began the fresh cilantro a week ago. It wouldn't hurt to get the pills. I bought organic. Not cheap but better than nothing.

Jump to this post

Thank you! Could you tell me the exact kind you bought?

@kimass1

My bunches are about half that size. My best suggestion is that I use about 2 cups of both stems and leaves chopped up. Every day.

Jump to this post

I have not run in 3 months and it’s something I’ve done consistently for 45 years. Thus I’m getting antsy sitting in house. I’m thinking of venturing out tomorrow to see how I do. Any suggestions on what to after run? Yes I will be hot and sweaty. Worried that I will get an outbreak. Been calm for about 10 days after I started cilantro smoothies.
FYI I’m starting to look forward each day to my smoothie 😁

@fedupwithgrover

Thank you! Could you tell me the exact kind you bought?

Jump to this post

TerraVita Cilantro 450 mg (Certified Organic) contains 100 capsules. Suggested dose 3 a day with meals but I am down to one with the fresh cilantro added. Hope to save only for road trips. Purchased on Amazon. I am not a Prime member so it took over a week to deliver.

@frogger

I have not run in 3 months and it’s something I’ve done consistently for 45 years. Thus I’m getting antsy sitting in house. I’m thinking of venturing out tomorrow to see how I do. Any suggestions on what to after run? Yes I will be hot and sweaty. Worried that I will get an outbreak. Been calm for about 10 days after I started cilantro smoothies.
FYI I’m starting to look forward each day to my smoothie 😁

Jump to this post

I am also now looking forward to the smoothie. Now use half almond/cashew and half almond with coconut milk. Sill using fresh frozen strawberries and half frozen banana. Sometimes I add blueberries. I still chop up the cilantro including the stems. Can you run at dawn when the weather is cooler? Immediate cool shower afterwards? Maybe your smoothie afterwards also while cooling. Let me know how it goes.

Will let you know. I’m too lazy for making smoothie the way you do. I just take a container of Yoplait yogurt, dump it in blender over cilantro, add orange juice. ANY flavor of yogurt. Then blend and drink. Can actually make 2 days worth. I put half in container and put in refrigerator. Then next day I stir and drink. Figure I want to keep it simple if I’m going to do this rest of my life.

I just got back from work travel to Texas, and I think the heat and travel stress got me. I’ve got the start of a new outbreak! I’m so bummed. To top it off, I think I have some yeast again too. 🤦🏼‍♀️ So, I’m going to join the cilantro club! I have my prescription creams too, so hopefully between the creams and cilantro, I’ll keep this under control. Wish me luck! I appreciate all the commentary on this thread.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.