Grover's Disease: What works to help find relief?

Posted by 43219876x @43219876x, Sep 23, 2016

I have been diagnosed with Grover's disease under my breasts. I had a biopsy for diagnosis. Tried topical ointment with no really good results. Any ideas?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Skin Health Support Group.

@gardeningjunkie

I read from bloggers on the EarthClinic site you mentioned and also surfed the net for info about cilantro helping diseases. I read this from a number of bloggers. It is used to treat a dozen aliments and skin is listed, although not specific to eczema. I went deep into a variety of postings and many mentioned that the capsules were not as effective. Still I ordered some because keeping up with the fresh is a challenge. Yet I have only used the fresh for about 2 weeks now.

Jump to this post

I took my time posting because I wanted to be sure it was working. I have used the cilantro supplements for 3 weeks now. Originally I put triamcinolone on the Grover's per Dermatologist's instructions. After a few days my cilantro arrived and I started that. I have held it at bay. I forgot the cilantro for a few days and a few bumps appeared and itched. I restarted cilantro and they disappeared. I was also told to keep it hydrated and I use Vanicream cream, bought at Walgreens. Prior to appt. with derm and diagnosis I was miserable for almost 2 months. He diagnosed it within 2 seconds. I am lucky to only have it on the front, chest and midriff with just an occasional one lower. I also followed the advice of many on this site. I ordered men's large cotton t-shirts from the online cotton store. I had to wear them inside out because the seams were irritating me. I wore them to sleep in. During the day I only wrote cotton against my skin. In addition, I just completed day 30 of the Whole 30 Plan and have never felt better. No sugar, dairy, soy, grains, additives, and so forth. You can google it. I am going to stay on this eating plan for quite a while yet because of how healthy I feel. I was told I would miss bread the most but I got over it. I feel as if I am always on a caffeine high and I do not use caffeine in any form. I lost 10 pounds so far but any main goal was health. Someone stated you can do this eating plan if you are suffering enough and I definitely was. I am grateful to all who post and give suggestions.

@frogger

Ok I just had my first cilantro smoothie. Not bad at all. But is ONE glass per day enough? Just wondering. @kimass1

Jump to this post

@frogger as long as you're eating a half bunch to a bunch a day that should suffice. I have heard of others eating more, but not sure if it's any more beneficial.

@frogger

Have had very little cilantro, mainly in salads. But have found that 50,000 IU of vitamin A and 6,000 IU of vitamin D seems to have turned things around. June would’ve been the magic 6 month anniversary and supposed minimum for Grover’s to go away.
BUT I am unsure of the side effects (If any) of these vitamins. Was not concerned initially because all I wanted was an end to the itching. My back is clear and have some bumps on my legs, and very little itching on my legs.
Anyone out there know about or has anyone taken A and D?

Jump to this post

I swear it was Vitamin D 5,000 IU daily that caused my Grover's disease 5 years ago.

@jbd3

I swear it was Vitamin D 5,000 IU daily that caused my Grover's disease 5 years ago.

Jump to this post

jbd3 I haven't heard about your Vitamin D 5,000 theory as a cause of GD and now will pay attention if others mention it. A simple and informative and thorough site about skin conditions, including GD is the New Zealand Dermatology site. They also have the best photos of skin conditions which are helpful when trying to identify a skin disease. They list 5 similarities that those of us with GD have in common. I met 4 of the 5 criteria, the 5th being that most are male. I would be interested to learn if you met any of the listed commonalities.
I also see that you have often been prescribed steroids as a treatment. They didn't help me and often those who do get some initial relief find that once they go off the steroid the GD returns with a vengeance.

@kimass1

@frogger as long as you're eating a half bunch to a bunch a day that should suffice. I have heard of others eating more, but not sure if it's any more beneficial.

Jump to this post

I’ve started drinking a smoothie in the morning. Mixed up yogurt, strawberries and orange juice with cilantro. Not bad at all. Also I have some 425 mg cilantro capsules. Will those work too? Any problem taking those as well as the smoothie? Bottle says take 2 per day (total of 850 mg) but I have no idea on the dosage. Thanks and sorry to bother you.

@frogger My cilantro tabs are 450 mg to be taken 3 times a day. I skipped two days, by mistake, and very very itchy new ones appeared. The cilantro definitely helps keep them in check for me. I tasted the fresh cilantro and do not like it AT ALL! Also, I am non-dairy and sugar so smoothies are difficult.

@jbd3

Jump to this post

@frogger I have been taking 50,000 units of Vitamin D weekly for many years now. I don't think there is a correlation with my Grover's Disease since I was off of them at the time I got the Grover's.

@mariannj

@frogger My cilantro tabs are 450 mg to be taken 3 times a day. I skipped two days, by mistake, and very very itchy new ones appeared. The cilantro definitely helps keep them in check for me. I tasted the fresh cilantro and do not like it AT ALL! Also, I am non-dairy and sugar so smoothies are difficult.

Jump to this post

I heard people put it in V8 if that's a better fit. I hate it too and it's hard to mask the "flavor"

Not sure about the caps. I would have no idea of the dose. Only heard from others that it's not as effective. But they couldn't hurt!

@kimass1 I also hate V8 juice. Thanks for trying.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.