Grover's Disease: What works to help find relief?

Posted by 43219876x @43219876x, Sep 23, 2016

I have been diagnosed with Grover's disease under my breasts. I had a biopsy for diagnosis. Tried topical ointment with no really good results. Any ideas?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Skin Health Support Group.

@frogger

I live in Texas so I understand the heat problem. Have been on cilantro smoothies about 11 days and also take 3 cilantro capsules each day. Overkill? Maybe but I hate the itching. And so far, so good.

Jump to this post

How’s it going for you? I’ve been making a smoothie every day and am shocked at the results! I’m in Gulf Shores this week for vacation and no new bumps and the ones that started are healing up. No itching! I hope you are getting good results too. 🙂

@kg7382

I just got back from work travel to Texas, and I think the heat and travel stress got me. I’ve got the start of a new outbreak! I’m so bummed. To top it off, I think I have some yeast again too. 🤦🏼‍♀️ So, I’m going to join the cilantro club! I have my prescription creams too, so hopefully between the creams and cilantro, I’ll keep this under control. Wish me luck! I appreciate all the commentary on this thread.

Jump to this post

I normally get in our hot tub after running but afraid that might cause a bad reaction. Wonder if any of our Grover’s group has a thought on hot tubs. Sounds like exactly the opposite of what I’m supposed to do but I’m rash-free with my cilantro smoothie diet.

@kg7382

How’s it going for you? I’ve been making a smoothie every day and am shocked at the results! I’m in Gulf Shores this week for vacation and no new bumps and the ones that started are healing up. No itching! I hope you are getting good results too. 🙂

Jump to this post

Also unsure if vitamins A and D are helpful or not. Or just the smoothies? Do you take any supplements?

@frogger

I normally get in our hot tub after running but afraid that might cause a bad reaction. Wonder if any of our Grover’s group has a thought on hot tubs. Sounds like exactly the opposite of what I’m supposed to do but I’m rash-free with my cilantro smoothie diet.

Jump to this post

I can't stand how hot water feels when broken out and you know heat is suppose to trigger outbreaks. I take a warm, not hot shower immediately after all exercise. My other problem with hot tubs is that the chemicals irritate my Allergic Contact Dermatitis, ACD. I do know others with Atopic eczema that use their hot tub several times a week with no issues. Encouraging to hear you are rash free with the cilantro treatment. Do you still feel the under the skin bumps?

@kg7382

Jump to this post

Never stopped drinking smoothies but cut back on the cilantro and darn, if I didn't start getting more new itchy ones. Upped my cilantro this morning. This morning I had frozen cherries instead of strawberries. Yum! I wonder if stress precipitates them. I have been under a great deal of stress this week. Losing sleep over it.

@mariannj

Never stopped drinking smoothies but cut back on the cilantro and darn, if I didn't start getting more new itchy ones. Upped my cilantro this morning. This morning I had frozen cherries instead of strawberries. Yum! I wonder if stress precipitates them. I have been under a great deal of stress this week. Losing sleep over it.

Jump to this post

Thanks for letting us know that drinking our full dose of cilantro in our smoothly may be a life long commitment. I am still only about 90% clear and am fearing the summer heat will cause an increase in symptoms. Let us know if an increased dose of cilantro calms you down. Stress can make us sick in multiple ways and I believe it lowered my immune system in my 50's which led to me developing a life threaten disease which I am now free of.

I just skipped two days of the smoothie because I was away for the weekend at a wedding. Three new little itchy papules showed up. Back on smoothies today! Not sure if it's a lifelong commitment. I will test the waters every month or two. But will be quick to go back if anything new pops up. As for supplements, they don't seem to matter for me. I can go a week or two without them and no difference. I am not a hot tub fan, so can't comment on it. But I do take hot showers again now with no problems.

@gardeningjunkie

I can't stand how hot water feels when broken out and you know heat is suppose to trigger outbreaks. I take a warm, not hot shower immediately after all exercise. My other problem with hot tubs is that the chemicals irritate my Allergic Contact Dermatitis, ACD. I do know others with Atopic eczema that use their hot tub several times a week with no issues. Encouraging to hear you are rash free with the cilantro treatment. Do you still feel the under the skin bumps?

Jump to this post

No bumps. Thankfully

@kimass1

I just skipped two days of the smoothie because I was away for the weekend at a wedding. Three new little itchy papules showed up. Back on smoothies today! Not sure if it's a lifelong commitment. I will test the waters every month or two. But will be quick to go back if anything new pops up. As for supplements, they don't seem to matter for me. I can go a week or two without them and no difference. I am not a hot tub fan, so can't comment on it. But I do take hot showers again now with no problems.

Jump to this post

Thanks. We’re going out of town in June for 5 days and will not be able to get smoothies. I’m hoping my cilantro capsules will suffer. Maybe 4 per day? I may test it prior to trip. Will let you know.

@frogger

Thanks. We’re going out of town in June for 5 days and will not be able to get smoothies. I’m hoping my cilantro capsules will suffer. Maybe 4 per day? I may test it prior to trip. Will let you know.

Jump to this post

What kind of cilantro capsules are you using?
I was diagnosed with GD 2 months ago. All cortisone and steroid topical creams have helped with itchiness but haven’t seen any improvement.
I’m starting the retinoid pills tomorrow, but I’m a little skeptical. I’m thinking about trying the cilantro option.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.