Grover's Disease: What works to help find relief?

Posted by 43219876x @43219876x, Sep 23, 2016

I have been diagnosed with Grover's disease under my breasts. I had a biopsy for diagnosis. Tried topical ointment with no really good results. Any ideas?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Skin Health Support Group.

Hello- has anyone had any experience with Dupixent for Grover’s itching relief? I have tried many of your suggestions and have not had much relief.
My dermatologist is suggesting Dupixent. Thanks so much.

@ib66

Hello- has anyone had any experience with Dupixent for Grover’s itching relief? I have tried many of your suggestions and have not had much relief.

Jump to this post

I would love to try Dupixent as nothing else is working very well. The issue is that it is not FDA approved for Grover's, but is approved for Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema) and my dermatologist won't put me in for it because she would be lying. It's unaffordable unless approved so if your Dr can get you approved I would definitely try it. I may start looking for a dermatologist that can do that for me. Good luck!

@sophiep

I would love to try Dupixent as nothing else is working very well. The issue is that it is not FDA approved for Grover's, but is approved for Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema) and my dermatologist won't put me in for it because she would be lying. It's unaffordable unless approved so if your Dr can get you approved I would definitely try it. I may start looking for a dermatologist that can do that for me. Good luck!

Jump to this post

Thank you for that information. I wasn’t aware that it wasn’t approved by the FDA. My dermatologist said there are some hoops to go through but it will result in $0 for the drug.
Good luck to you!!

@ib66

Jump to this post

My name is Susan. I’m 81 years old and 2 years ago was diagnosed with Grovers. The rash extended over my back, front arms and legs. I need not describe the torment, you will all be familiar with it. Various topical creams and such gave relief for 2 hours at most. My social life became drastically curtailed.
Last October my dermatologist prescribed Dupixent. It has been nothing short of a miracle. The rash disappeared after the first month and has not come back. I have experienced no side effects whatsoever. I have experienced some unexpected benefits such as the disappearance of some “age spots” and renewed hair growth.
The downside is that Dupixent is expensive. If you are rich, no problem, if you have a low income Dupixent will help you out. If you are in the middle like most of us, paying for Dupixent may be difficult. My doctor has helped me with some free doses and I have now budgeted Dupixent into my life, because it has been transformative.
I believe Dupixent is FDA approved for eczema if not for Grovers. I do hope my experience will reassure you and help you make your decision. Good luck to all.

@libertas

My name is Susan. I’m 81 years old and 2 years ago was diagnosed with Grovers. The rash extended over my back, front arms and legs. I need not describe the torment, you will all be familiar with it. Various topical creams and such gave relief for 2 hours at most. My social life became drastically curtailed.
Last October my dermatologist prescribed Dupixent. It has been nothing short of a miracle. The rash disappeared after the first month and has not come back. I have experienced no side effects whatsoever. I have experienced some unexpected benefits such as the disappearance of some “age spots” and renewed hair growth.
The downside is that Dupixent is expensive. If you are rich, no problem, if you have a low income Dupixent will help you out. If you are in the middle like most of us, paying for Dupixent may be difficult. My doctor has helped me with some free doses and I have now budgeted Dupixent into my life, because it has been transformative.
I believe Dupixent is FDA approved for eczema if not for Grovers. I do hope my experience will reassure you and help you make your decision. Good luck to all.

Jump to this post

Thank you Susan for your input. I am thrilled to hear you have your life back. I hope that you are able to continue to take Dupixent.

I went to the dermatologist because I had a rash on my back and under my boobs & they said I have Grover’s disease evidently. They said it’s my age and can happen and I’m only 53. Looking this up, they say it’s usually older men that get it, not women. Other women have it and can give advice? Anyways, i just wondered if it’s here forever, or does it come and go? It’s kinda miserable itchy.

I am a woman and I have Grovers. I am 84. In the beginning, it never stopped itching. Now, about a year later, it comes and goes. I try to ignore it. At the same time I got Grover's I was tested for Mercury poisoning. I tested positive. I stopped eating fish with the most mercury about 6 months ago, and I think that's what lessened the itching. I guess the only way I will know is to wait another 6 months and get tested again. My suggestion is to try the prescription creams recommended by other victims. I never tried cilantro.

@ritasue

I am a woman and I have Grovers. I am 84. In the beginning, it never stopped itching. Now, about a year later, it comes and goes. I try to ignore it. At the same time I got Grover's I was tested for Mercury poisoning. I tested positive. I stopped eating fish with the most mercury about 6 months ago, and I think that's what lessened the itching. I guess the only way I will know is to wait another 6 months and get tested again. My suggestion is to try the prescription creams recommended by other victims. I never tried cilantro.

Jump to this post

It works. Either the fresh or oil. Eliminate sugar from your diet and put ice packs on the area where it itches. Helps a lot.

@nodgabnoj

It works. Either the fresh or oil. Eliminate sugar from your diet and put ice packs on the area where it itches. Helps a lot.

Jump to this post

Do you rub the cilantro oil on to your skin? Or do you add it to liquid and drink it?? Thanks.

@wig

Do you rub the cilantro oil on to your skin? Or do you add it to liquid and drink it?? Thanks.

Jump to this post

In a drink. I have also found that ice/cold packs applied to the area that itches for fairly long periods of time helps to relieve the itching.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.