Grover's Disease: What works to help find relief?

Posted by 43219876x @43219876x, Sep 23, 2016

I have been diagnosed with Grover's disease under my breasts. I had a biopsy for diagnosis. Tried topical ointment with no really good results. Any ideas?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Skin Health Support Group.

@lisa923

Have you tried cilantro smoothies with chlorella powder and spiralina? I drink one every day and it has put my Grover’s in remission.

Jump to this post

Everyday for months … it has helped but it just won’t go away …..🥺

@bjv8080

I was diagnosed with Transient Acantholitic Dermatosis (Grover’s) in 1976. As the name implies, it has been “transient” in that it has come and gone throughout the years.

No dietary changes have ever proven helpful in my case. Photo Therapy has been very beneficial, however. OTC remedies that have been effective are menthol lotions, such as Gold Bond anti-itch (I use Walmart's brand).

It’d also advise keeping a spray bottle of equal parts water and Witch Hazel in the fridge for instant relief from irritation.

Jump to this post

I’m on a forum for Grover’s and pretty much tried everything recommended to stop itching. I’m 76 female and was diagnosed by a biopsy for GD. Its been a year of misery with itching, a steroid creme got rid of most of the rash but can’t be on that for long. What has helped me most is the witch hazel also along with the Gold Bond Medicated lotion. I keep a couple spray bottles around the house with just the WH no watering it down or refrigerate as it seems to spray on cold enough for me. I get relief almost immediately but have to spray often. Nights are the worse!

@hawkssr

I’m on a forum for Grover’s and pretty much tried everything recommended to stop itching. I’m 76 female and was diagnosed by a biopsy for GD. Its been a year of misery with itching, a steroid creme got rid of most of the rash but can’t be on that for long. What has helped me most is the witch hazel also along with the Gold Bond Medicated lotion. I keep a couple spray bottles around the house with just the WH no watering it down or refrigerate as it seems to spray on cold enough for me. I get relief almost immediately but have to spray often. Nights are the worse!

Jump to this post

I have mentioned that a number of people have had success with Avene Xercalm Lipid replenishing cream available at Amazon. There is no "one size fits all" when it comes to this affliction. You just have to keep trying different remedies to see what works for you. Highly recommend reading a number of the earlier posts on this site. Lots of information.

Have you tried a antihistamine? I find that Allegra has worked for me to keep the itching at bay. I am also using the Avene cream, on day 3, it has helped so far.

@nodgabnoj

I have mentioned that a number of people have had success with Avene Xercalm Lipid replenishing cream available at Amazon. There is no "one size fits all" when it comes to this affliction. You just have to keep trying different remedies to see what works for you. Highly recommend reading a number of the earlier posts on this site. Lots of information.

Jump to this post

First thing I did was read the posts and that creme is too expensive and except for primrose I see nothing in it that is much different than cremes I’ve already tried but thanks for the reply 😊

@pitbuell

Everyday for months … it has helped but it just won’t go away …..🥺

Jump to this post

@pitbuell @hawkssr, @nodgabnoj Good morning. I read all of your posts this morning and feel just tortured by all of your efforts to withstand this disease for which the symptoms originates from within your body. I have been working on finding a solution to what I call neuropathic itch.

I may have a solution for some of you and is Dupixent. On the website there is a section on PN that includes research and evidence of positive results.
The site is http://www.dupixent.com/prurigo-nodularis.
Please take a moment to read it. I can also give you this number to call for assistance: 844 387-4936. You will be speaking to medical professionals, many who have helped me. Camille is one of my favorites.

After getting prior approval and becoming a member of Dupixent My Way which covers my copay, I began the injections every two weeks about 2 months ago. I wish you could see my skin and my smile. I have had absolutely no itching, scratching, and inflammation since the first week. There are no steroids. There is no risk to your skin. In fact, my arms have healed quite nicely. I can sleep through the night without getting up to put ice packs on my legs and hands.

It has taken me two years to find this internal medication so that the healing can happen from within where the issue begins. Please let me know if you have additional questions. I am already developing a rousing cheer for all of you. And no I am not a hired marketing guru.

May you all be free of suffering and the causes of suffering.
Chris

@artscaping

@pitbuell @hawkssr, @nodgabnoj Good morning. I read all of your posts this morning and feel just tortured by all of your efforts to withstand this disease for which the symptoms originates from within your body. I have been working on finding a solution to what I call neuropathic itch.

I may have a solution for some of you and is Dupixent. On the website there is a section on PN that includes research and evidence of positive results.
Please take a moment to read it. I can also give you this number to call for assistance: 844 387-4936. You will be speaking to medical professionals, many who have helped me. Camille is one of my favorites.

After getting prior approval and becoming a member of Dupixent My Way which covers my copay, I began the injections every two weeks about 2 months ago. I wish you could see my skin and my smile. I have had absolutely no itching, scratching, and inflammation since the first week. There are no steroids. There is no risk to your skin. In fact, my arms have healed quite nicely. I can sleep through the night without getting up to put ice packs on my legs and hands.

It has taken me two years to find this internal medication so that the healing can happen from within where the issue begins. Please let me know if you have additional questions. I am already developing a rousing cheer for all of you. And no I am not a hired marketing guru.

Chris

Jump to this post

Just corrected a misspelling. Hope this posts.

@artscaping

Chris

Jump to this post

I’ve been researching this myself. My doctor got it approved for me. I was only hesitant that it was immunosuppressive but it looks like it does not suppress your whole immune system. Only IL4 and IL13 and doesn’t show any increase in malignancies. Not sleeping for 10 months due to itching and no cream, pill, or anything else I try has helped, I am going to give Dupixent a try. I’ve seen on other sites people with Grover’s said it is a game changer for them. Have you had any side effects? Especially eyes? That seemed to be most reported side effect.

@debvienne

I’ve been researching this myself. My doctor got it approved for me. I was only hesitant that it was immunosuppressive but it looks like it does not suppress your whole immune system. Only IL4 and IL13 and doesn’t show any increase in malignancies. Not sleeping for 10 months due to itching and no cream, pill, or anything else I try has helped, I am going to give Dupixent a try. I’ve seen on other sites people with Grover’s said it is a game changer for them. Have you had any side effects? Especially eyes? That seemed to be most reported side effect.

Jump to this post

Good evening @debvienne,
It is certainly nice to hear from you. I can truthfully say I have no side effects with Dupixent. And it is a mood changer as well as a life changer so my family is very appreciative. Good luck. Please let me know, So you have pre-approval. Great.

May you be safe, protected and free from inner and outer harm.
Chris

@pitbuell

I wish I had the red dots instead of the lesions I have now …. Itch and burn mostly on my thighs, back of my legs, hips and on the inside of my right arm.

Jump to this post

not groves diseases! Red DOTS!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.