Grover's Disease: What works to help find relief?

Posted by 43219876x @43219876x, Sep 23, 2016

I have been diagnosed with Grover's disease under my breasts. I had a biopsy for diagnosis. Tried topical ointment with no really good results. Any ideas?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Skin Health Support Group.

@gilgolani

Did anyone try an hyperbaric chamber or ice cold tub ??
I know the hyperbaric is expensive but the heck with the money at this point

Jump to this post

I made three extended sessions. Only increased symptoms. Would like to unload fixture, Any ideas on this? Hilly

@hilly

I made three extended sessions. Only increased symptoms. Would like to unload fixture, Any ideas on this? Hilly

Jump to this post

I went to a full 10 sessions paid over $ 2k the first three sessions I also felt my condition is worsen but it stabilize as sessions went on... But after 10 it didn't even go into remission so I stopped.

Did anyone try this???

https://www.naturalherbsclinic.com/product/grovers-disease/
@tampabay

They don't work!.....Steroids or antihistamines! and Dermatoligists are lost for treating the disease.....after years of Flare ups I speak with experience!

Jump to this post

I’ve tried just about everything suggested and the only thing that has worked is Triamcinolone but since steroid I have to limit my use. I have not tried cilantro so I’m going to see what happens with it. Tried that French cream Avene, a friend tried it and did nothing for them and passed it to me, but nada 😕 I have been diagnosed for GD by a biopsy…

@nodgabnoj

I read on the F/B GD site about a French cream available at Amazon called Avene Xercalm Lipid Replenishing cream. I haven't looked at it yet, but apparently at least two people have had very positive results. Good luck. I hope you find some relief.

Jump to this post

Unfortunately did not work for me or my friend.

@pitbuell

I wish I had the red dots instead of the lesions I have now …. Itch and burn mostly on my thighs, back of my legs, hips and on the inside of my right arm.

Jump to this post

Does not look like GD. I’m on a forum for this disease and the pictures of those with GD do not look like this, more smaller lesions that are a rash like I have. Maybe have them redo biopsy?

@hawkssr

Does not look like GD. I’m on a forum for this disease and the pictures of those with GD do not look like this, more smaller lesions that are a rash like I have. Maybe have them redo biopsy?

Jump to this post

Confirmed with a biopsy

I was diagnosed w/Grovers & tried steroids, many prescriptions & OTC creams & antihistamines to no avail. I didn’t sleep at night for over a year.
I switched dermatologists & she had me try GABAPENTIN, Doxepin Hydrochloride & Triamcinolone Creams. I took 200mg at night & 100mg 3Xs a day. It finally worked & I sleep all night.
For maintenance the last 6 months, I use 200 mg of Gabapentin at night & alternate 3 creams (including CETAFIL OTC).
I’m sleeping like a baby, but have developed an autoimmune disease (Mucous Membrane Pemphigold), I have been told they are not related. I many have developed it because of other autoimmune conditions that I have, but am going to Cleveland Clinic for that.
I may sound like a “hot mess”, but am actually sleeping, not itching & feeling great.

After scratching my arms, chest, back and torso to the point of making myself bleed, I was diagnosed with Grover’s a month ago. Dr started me on doxycycline and triamaclone (?) cream. Worked for a bit and after a two week follow up, my symptoms started to disappear. I knew it was too good to be true. Now I’m having such a horrendous flare up, nothing works. Not Benadryl, not my RX steroid cream, witch hazel, nothing. The only relief I find to be able to sleep at night is the use of an ice pack. It freezes the nerve endings and cools my body down (not that I was hot to begin with—I’m always cold!). I read one article that a dr tells his patients with Grover’s to stop all dairy. I eat yogurt every day. I’ve also read about taking vitamin A. I just need this to stop and go away. I cannot take it any longer. Any advice is appreciated.

Allegra helped with the itch and Avene cream. Predisone!

@pitbuell

Allegra helped with the itch and Avene cream. Predisone!

Jump to this post

I’ve been taking double doses of Allegra and/or Zyrtec since before being diagnosed. I also had called my Dr on Thursday (was only able to talk to a nurse) and asked for an oral steroid. After telling me she was going to talk to the dr and get back to me but she didn’t think it would have be a problem prescribing me a steroid , I’ve heard nothing. I even called the pharmacy to see if it was called in and she just failed to call me back. I’m calling a new dermatologist office on Monday.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.