COVID vaccines and neuropathy

Posted by cue @cue, Feb 15, 2021

I am 85 with small fiber neuropathy that is getting worse. My neurologist thought it would be a good idea for me to wait with the covid vaccine and not be first in line to see how it affected other people with neuropathy. Probably because it is a new technology. Has anyone had a problem with neuropathy after receiving the vaccine? If so, which vaccine?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

My heart goes out to you, I'm done with vaccines also and no more flu shots even.

Wishing you only the best.

New covid vaccine comments that may belong in this discussion group. A lot of information came out of this group that may help new people with vaccine problems.
Thanks.
Joy

The ramifications from Covid, Flu, Pneumonia, Hepatitis, RSV and Shingles could be severe. I personally will not give up on vaccines.

After I got the 3rd. moderna vaccine I had a pancreatitis attack and I started small fiber from the vaccine. Prior I had neuropothy in my feet a little. Now, after the 3rd. vaccine I have small fiber neuropathy and other neuropathies. I get 2 days a month the IVIG infusion. It has helped. However my hands are always numb. The infusion helps with the hypersensitivity and calms the pain for about 3 1/2 weeks. I. personally, will not get the vaccine anymore because of what the last vaccine did to me. I still have not had covid. Just the vaccine that made me sick and permanently ill.

You poor thing. I feel your pain. I agree, I believe the boosters did me in. I may have had covid, but not sure since I wasn't tested. My problems came upon me a little at time. Piece by piece I feel. Trouble is all this is hard to prove to the medical field.

Best luck to you.

@hello2

My heart goes out to you, I'm done with vaccines also and no more flu shots even.

Jump to this post

Yes, within 24 hours of getting my last booster, my neuropathy (being treated with acupuncture was getting much better) got really painful. So much heat! I know I should get the booster this year but I'm really afraid to.

@hello2

Jump to this post

Also me. Hugs I trust none of vaccines for a friend was told one set of ingredients, I asked for a sample to test and got a whole set of other answers. Each one has to deal with their own. I fear not flu, covid, RSV, shingles, hepatitis, pneumonia etc for I am from pioneer stock. My beloved mother survived something and passed on wonderful immunity to her kids. The vaccines would removed that immunity.

My body is very sensitive to meds but the older I get the more sensitive it gets. I had Covid back in Feb 2021 just before the vaccine came out and before Covid was announced to the world. Just thought it was a really bad case of flu. Got the vaccine when it came out but it was Johnson & Johnson. Didn’t want 2 shots with that much vaccine in my system. I Got Covid again that turned into Long Covid. I started going downhill rapidly with diabetes, neuropathy, Glaucoma fibromyalgia and Hashimoto’s Disease. So no, I’m not taking anymore boosters, or vaccines at 74. My Osteopath doesn’t recommend it for me in my condition. Im careful about washing my hands and not being in big crowds during flu season or when I hear of an outbreak of Covid. My husband had a liver transplant and his doctors say his vaccines are part of his protocol due to his meds which weaken the immune system. He just had the vaccine for shingles and was down for 3 days. It’s up to you. Good luck. Everyone’s body is different!

Are you sure that it was the vaccines and not the episodes of covid that caused your problems?

Maybe without the vaccines you could have been much sicker.

Yesterday (10/3/23), I got the updated Covid vaccine (Comirnaty) and within 30 minutes both my feet burned fiercely and tingled. I was diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy in 2009, so I am accustomed to paresthesia and pain in my lower extremities. However, this dramatic increase after the vaccine is alarming. The burning/tingling in the feet has subsided some, but the flare-up in pain, fasciculations and heaviness in my calves and the back of my thighs, which happened after the injection, continues and is worrying. The same thing happened after my first Covid injection in March 2021, but it wasn't nearly as severe and resolved within a couple of hours. I'm worried this time it might not resolve at all. Anyone have experience to share?

Please sign in or register to post a reply.