COVID vaccines and neuropathy

Posted by cue @cue, Feb 15, 2021

I am 85 with small fiber neuropathy that is getting worse. My neurologist thought it would be a good idea for me to wait with the covid vaccine and not be first in line to see how it affected other people with neuropathy. Probably because it is a new technology. Has anyone had a problem with neuropathy after receiving the vaccine? If so, which vaccine?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

@shona

Oh that’s interested. I am in NZ and I have had PN for the past seven years after the second Pfizer I have had flare ups and my pain is much worse. Around 3 to 4 weeks after it though. I did report it. Not keen at all to have the booster. Where can I find this information please ?

Jump to this post

The Facebook group is called Neuro V Long-Haulers.

yes, i got neuropathy after getting to shots moderna vaccine,and not sure i should get booster vaccine or not?

@bella1970

I never have experienced neuropathy in my life after first Pfizer I have had numbness tingling Paraesthesia tinnitus vertigo and lately high blood pressure and blurred vision second Pfizer is on hold does this get worse before it gets better?

Jump to this post

My neurologist told me today they have many patients with post Covid vaccine neuropathy symptoms that either started or worsened after the vaccine. She said their symptoms seem to worsen over several months, then plateau. Once again she said she hoped it would improve or go away, but vaccines haven’t been out long enough to see.

@mawmaw3

My neurologist told me today they have many patients with post Covid vaccine neuropathy symptoms that either started or worsened after the vaccine. She said their symptoms seem to worsen over several months, then plateau. Once again she said she hoped it would improve or go away, but vaccines haven’t been out long enough to see.

Jump to this post

Can you share the name of your doctor and where they are please? Thank you!

@aerc25

Can you share the name of your doctor and where they are please? Thank you!

Jump to this post

She’s in Falls Church, VA. Has wonderful nurse practitioners and physicians’ assistants.

I’m 80 and have neuropathy from chemo. I’ve had two Pfizer vaccines, the flu vaccine and the Pfizer booster with no side effects except a very slight sore arm.

I read your further questions after I posted my reply stating that I’ve had no I’ll effects from the Pfizer vaccines including then booster and want to add that I received the booster two months ago at Houston Methodist Hospital in the Texas Medical Center. My oncologist Dr Erik Bernicker recommended and strongly urged that I get any and all Covid vaccines.

I have foot neuropathy from chemo. I had both Moderna vaccines, the booster and a flu shot. I experienced no reactions to any of them. My feet are also improving. I'm 80 years old and still getting chemo.

@mawmaw3

Jump to this post

The problem is PN is not curable regardless of the reason.

The vaccine-related flares may be specific to immune-mediated PN.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.