Improved Homepage: Your new Connect home base
Stay better connected
Mayo Clinic Connect’s homepage, your new home base for everything that interests you in the community. (Be sure to bookmark https://connect.mayoclinic.org/)
Let’s take a tour.
This is the new homepage.
Groups and discussions
In the center panel, you’ll find your main connection hub for all the activity you follow (My Groups). You can also select All to see the latest discussions from all groups or Unanswered to see posts that haven’t received a reply yet.
By default, the most recent discussions appear at the top. Scroll down to see more discussions. Click View More to load more discussions in the center pane.
For each discussion, you can see:
- Profile image of the member who started the discussion
- Group name
- Discussion title
- Number of replies
- Timestamp of most recent post
By clicking the discussion title, you will be taken to the most recent post in that discussion.
Want to see if there are any other groups you may be interested in following?
- Click Select a Group to open the Group Directory in a popup window.
- Browse the group listing.
- Click Follow for any group that interests you. Its activity will now appear in the center pane on the homepage and in your daily or weekly digest.
- Click Close (x) in the upper right corner.
You can also click the group name to go to browse the topics in that group.
Start a new discussion
Without leaving the homepage you can also Start a discussion.
- Click Start a discussion.
- Enter a title. (Ask a question or describe the topic.)
- Enter your message and question.
- Choose the group best suited for your topic or question.
- Click POST DISCUSSION. This takes you to your discussion.
Notice the breadcrumb path above the title of your discussion. Use the links in the breadcrumbs to return to the homepage or the group landing page to see all discussions.
Blogs, podcasts, news, events with Mayo Clinic experts
On the side panels (horizontal scroll on mobile), you’ll find the latest blog posts and podcasts by Mayo Clinic experts, upcoming events such as invitations to monthly Zoom support groups, video Q&As, webinars, and patient conferences, and Mayo Clinic news articles.
Keep your eye on the Spotlight to stay up-to-date with new developments on Mayo Clinic Connect. This is where you’ll be the first to know when we open new groups, feature a member, release a new functionality, and more.
Tip: Add a picture and bio to your profile to help members get to know you.