What's outside of your picture window today?

Posted by John, Volunteer Mentor @johnbishop, Nov 25, 2020

As we get ready for the real winter to show up and COVID-19 still playing a major part in our lives I like to spend moments of my day de-stressing about what's going on in the world today. All I have to do is look out the window and observe some of natures beautiful creatures, how they interact and ponder how small it makes my troubles seem. Sometimes I may even get the opportunity to take a photo or two. How about you? Anything going on outside of your window(s) that you want to share?

For those members that have the ability to size your photos before you upload them to the discussion, may I suggest using the following sizes:
– 500 x 335 pixels (landscape)
– 210 x 210 pixels (square)

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@ellamster now I am joining the party. However I don’t have any stinkin cows…or apples

@sueinmn

Technically not out the window. A traditional fall walk in the woods on the Laurentian Divide in Northern Minnesota

Jump to this post

Stunning photos!! It's so nice to see photos from other parts of the US. Thanks for sharing. Truly stunning.

@ellamster

Okay, it's not even 3MB! But no joy 😕
I try again at a smaller size with a new file name; cow-dammit.jpg!

Jump to this post

Wow! Living in the North East makes me envious of all that open space.

@artist01

@ellamster I truly appreciate your kind thoughts, plus possibly, your consideration of my advanced age, but I just don't have it in me to post a larger image! Since we first started our conversation today I've travelled a three-hour return trip to undergo a renal ultrasound at a major hospital, after drinking a mandatory one litre (32 oz) of water within 30 minutes and one hour prior to the appointment time. Then I had to undergo the 45-minute test, flipping my achingly arthritic body from side to side for the most photogenic shots. THEN, I was finally allowed a visit to the washroom to get rid of the 32 oz.! Whew. And I didn't even have an accident! Lol.
Old age ain't for sissies. 😉

Jump to this post

😀
Wow, that keeps you busy, yes.
So, the washroom visit must have been the Holy Grail during this ordeal!

That brings back an erm... memory of when I had some sort of research done and they had to blow up my bowels. With a lot of air. It was so painful but the most erm... difficult thing was to obey their orders: Do Not Fart!

@SusanEllen66

@ellamster now I am joining the party. However I don’t have any stinkin cows…or apples

Jump to this post

Oh Susan, you are trying to fool me, right?
This is call so clear.

@ellamster

😀
Wow, that keeps you busy, yes.
So, the washroom visit must have been the Holy Grail during this ordeal!

That brings back an erm... memory of when I had some sort of research done and they had to blow up my bowels. With a lot of air. It was so painful but the most erm... difficult thing was to obey their orders: Do Not Fart!

Jump to this post

@ellamster
You've made me laugh out loud again! Yes, I've had that test. The DNF one you speak of. Painfully embarrassing too.
Yesterday's test wasn't all that bad. It was mostly my over the top anxiety for the weeks leading up to The Day. I'm sure lots of our Connect members have had it too.
This topic is certainly not about what's out our picture window so I'll end it now.
Hugs.

@artist01

@ellamster
You've made me laugh out loud again! Yes, I've had that test. The DNF one you speak of. Painfully embarrassing too.
Yesterday's test wasn't all that bad. It was mostly my over the top anxiety for the weeks leading up to The Day. I'm sure lots of our Connect members have had it too.
This topic is certainly not about what's out our picture window so I'll end it now.
Hugs.

Jump to this post

😀
And then; oops yes, it's not about a picture window, how can we turn this into, erm... it's peeking through a very special window, let's put it like that.

@ellamster

😀
And then; oops yes, it's not about a picture window, how can we turn this into, erm... it's peeking through a very special window, let's put it like that.

Jump to this post

@ellamster and @colleenyoung
Yes. Sorry Colleen. We got carried away. Should have been in Just Want to Talk.

@ellamster

Oh Susan, you are trying to fool me, right?
This is call so clear.

Jump to this post

Haha! Actually, that’s is the first frame of a video so it’s not in focus!

Someone once remarked that you see mostly trees from every window in our home. We have 6' windows in the living room, dining room, and my office. Deer often come up to my window and fog it with their breath, apparently hoping that I'll come out on the front deck with apple slices for them. Their attitude seems to be, "Why aren't you outside where it's all so nice?" I'll try posting a small version of what I often see right behind my computer monitor. It's not unusual to have a cow elk or two, plus their calves, not 10' from my desk. Sometimes, the resident heron and the egret who'd like to move into our little valley get into aerial combat over the marsh 100' from my desk. It does make work difficult, but I LOVE seeing all the critters. We certainly wouldn't live in this cobbled-together beach shack if the acreage weren't so lovely!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.