What's outside of your picture window today?

Posted by John, Volunteer Mentor @johnbishop, Nov 25, 2020

As we get ready for the real winter to show up and COVID-19 still playing a major part in our lives I like to spend moments of my day de-stressing about what's going on in the world today. All I have to do is look out the window and observe some of natures beautiful creatures, how they interact and ponder how small it makes my troubles seem. Sometimes I may even get the opportunity to take a photo or two. How about you? Anything going on outside of your window(s) that you want to share?

For those members that have the ability to size your photos before you upload them to the discussion, may I suggest using the following sizes:
– 500 x 335 pixels (landscape)
– 210 x 210 pixels (square)

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@sueinmn

That was the first thing I did when we stepped out of the car! It is my favorite fall perfume. And I collected some fallen birch bark for my "crafty" Texas friends who have never seen it.

And we hit the absolute perfect day. The colors were stunning all along the 400+ mile round trip. Today, the temps have dropped, the wind has picked up and rain and cold will be here overnight.
This was our 52nd autumn visiting the same spot near Jerry's home town. We have pictures from each year - first with his parents, then with our kids, even a few with our grands... Then we stopped for pizza in the local "joint" - unfortunately, for the first time ever, we didn't run into anyone we knew.
Sue

Jump to this post

@sueinmn Hi Sue. Sounds like the perfect autumn adventure!
Those fall colors are something we all look forward to every year. I guess most (or all?) of Texas misses out on that?

@ellamster

Yes, that and the smell of mushrooms!
Oh, I haven't been outside for so long. I really long to find someone to go out with, then walk in the woods and smell the wood, the mushrooms, the watery smell that emerges from small cricks.
The sounds are so good, too; crackling leaves almost make me afraid to step on them for fear of breaking them, then making it impossible for me to move because this one, no, that one, no; that one! is so beautiful with its slowly receding flesh, its veins defying decay, so fragile but so resistant, still.

Jump to this post

That is so poetic! And so apt. I was focused on leaves and lichen yesterday. Other years, I have photographed the fungi and moss....

@artist01

@sueinmn Hi Sue. Sounds like the perfect autumn adventure!
Those fall colors are something we all look forward to every year. I guess most (or all?) of Texas misses out on that?

Jump to this post

We see some - but many of the trees just turn brown & drop their leaves. Or they are like the live oak and citrus - dropping a few at a time all year long.

@ellamster

Yes, that and the smell of mushrooms!
Oh, I haven't been outside for so long. I really long to find someone to go out with, then walk in the woods and smell the wood, the mushrooms, the watery smell that emerges from small cricks.
The sounds are so good, too; crackling leaves almost make me afraid to step on them for fear of breaking them, then making it impossible for me to move because this one, no, that one, no; that one! is so beautiful with its slowly receding flesh, its veins defying decay, so fragile but so resistant, still.

Jump to this post

@ellamster Yes, I'm with you on all those smells! I miss them very much too, being mostly a shut-in these days. However, I did get out for a 10 minute walk this morning in the cool autumn air - the first walk in 4 or 5 weeks due to my never ending health crises. Lol
No forest these days though - just the noisy traffic whizzing by on the street where my seniors' facility is! But I still enjoyed the sunshine, the cool breeze (wind) ruining my hairdo, and the glorious smell of autumn.
It's good to be alive!

@ellamster
I'm going to attempt to send two photos, looking out of the 4th floor window. Zoom in and you'll see that the orchard trees are lade with fruit. (Apples?)

Hi everyone, after 4 days of gray, dismal, days, where I came back home sopping wet, I now see the beautiful warm sun!! I am also a strong believer in scents to invigorate the mind and body. Woodsmoke, pine, mushrooms too! Senses come alive! All these things that nature has to offer, sometimes overlooked, have wonderful healing powers. With gratitude, I say happy fall everyone!

@artist01

@ellamster
I'm going to attempt to send two photos, looking out of the 4th floor window. Zoom in and you'll see that the orchard trees are lade with fruit. (Apples?)

Jump to this post

@artist01 Wow, what a gorgeous view!! I’m so happy you landed in that beautiful location!! Beats looking at the parking lot out of that skinny window, huh. 😘. Hugs!!

@sueinmn

That is so poetic! And so apt. I was focused on leaves and lichen yesterday. Other years, I have photographed the fungi and moss....

Jump to this post

Thanks Sue 💖
I wanted to do tiling for lichen and moss (and more!) but the ones I was going to do it with weren't set up for it. It is still a dream of mine to create custom tiles for walls or floors. I had all sorts of designs in my head.

@artist01

@ellamster

Jump to this post

Don't think I don't see what you're doing (picture 1) 😹🤣😹
So, I enhanced it so everyone can see what you're trying to do (picture 2).

That all aside: this is such a terrific view!
I can't see the apples though because the image is too small, but if you can upload the bigger one I could see them, what kind of apples are they, you think, if they are apples?

@ellamster

Don't think I don't see what you're doing (picture 1) 😹🤣😹
So, I enhanced it so everyone can see what you're trying to do (picture 2).

That all aside: this is such a terrific view!
I can't see the apples though because the image is too small, but if you can upload the bigger one I could see them, what kind of apples are they, you think, if they are apples?

Jump to this post

Hey, picture two has been removed, I add it again.
Because we all need cows in orchards, right?

===== Edit
My second photo keeps being knocked off the post! 😕

Please sign in or register to post a reply.