What's outside of your picture window today?

Posted by John, Volunteer Mentor @johnbishop, Nov 25, 2020

As we get ready for the real winter to show up and COVID-19 still playing a major part in our lives I like to spend moments of my day de-stressing about what's going on in the world today. All I have to do is look out the window and observe some of natures beautiful creatures, how they interact and ponder how small it makes my troubles seem. Sometimes I may even get the opportunity to take a photo or two. How about you? Anything going on outside of your window(s) that you want to share?

For those members that have the ability to size your photos before you upload them to the discussion, may I suggest using the following sizes:
– 500 x 335 pixels (landscape)
– 210 x 210 pixels (square)

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

The sun was hitting the eastern shore around 7 this morning and it was just jaw dropping gorgeous! So I ran out in my jammies to try and capture the full glory of the moment. The camera just doesn’t do it justice but it was magical. The lake was like glass, giving a double image to the trees dressed for Autumn. Not a leaf was stirring. The only sounds were a pair of muskrats in the water next to me, chickadees singing and ducks quacking a little further down the shore. Moments like this soften the headlines in the daily news…

@loribmt

The sun was hitting the eastern shore around 7 this morning and it was just jaw dropping gorgeous! So I ran out in my jammies to try and capture the full glory of the moment. The camera just doesn’t do it justice but it was magical. The lake was like glass, giving a double image to the trees dressed for Autumn. Not a leaf was stirring. The only sounds were a pair of muskrats in the water next to me, chickadees singing and ducks quacking a little further down the shore. Moments like this soften the headlines in the daily news…

Jump to this post

Beautiful!!!

@carolc66

I just went cold turkey. Big thing is to stay busy during the days that you fast. I write books so it is a good time to write or take a walk. I catch up on correspondence, and calls to my friends, and I find once you get past the first two days, it is much easier.

Jump to this post

A belated thank you for the advice. I'm working toward a 16/8 time-restricted plan. It's not hard but I have to remember to eat enough in that 8th hour to avoid getting too hungry and triggering stomach acid rebellions.

@carolc66

I think that learning a new task or just getting interested in a hobby can be so beneficial to our mental health. This is the first time I learned about shibori tie-dying. It is beautiful. the only dying I did in the past was tie-dying back in the '60s.

Jump to this post

Shibori is lovely. I bought a scarf from a studio that teaches it and find the process interesting. I took a 2-hour ice-dying workshop a few weeks ago and found that fun. The results are very Impressionistic with all soft edges and it's easy to do as well.

Technically not out the window. A traditional fall walk in the woods on the Laurentian Divide in Northern Minnesota

@sueinmn

Technically not out the window. A traditional fall walk in the woods on the Laurentian Divide in Northern Minnesota

Jump to this post

Beautiful! Love Fall colors...

@sueinmn

Jump to this post

@sueinmn
Oooh, Sue. So beautiful. I can actually smell that woodsy aroma! Mmmm.

@artist01

@sueinmn

Jump to this post

That was the first thing I did when we stepped out of the car! It is my favorite fall perfume. And I collected some fallen birch bark for my "crafty" Texas friends who have never seen it.

And we hit the absolute perfect day. The colors were stunning all along the 400+ mile round trip. Today, the temps have dropped, the wind has picked up and rain and cold will be here overnight.
This was our 52nd autumn visiting the same spot near Jerry's home town. We have pictures from each year - first with his parents, then with our kids, even a few with our grands... Then we stopped for pizza in the local "joint" - unfortunately, for the first time ever, we didn't run into anyone we knew.
Sue

@sueinmn

Jump to this post

Yes, so beautiful!
The contrast between the yellow and blue is nice. The fun thing is that here, things look a bit 'cold'. But I am also fond of pictures of 'inside' with the yellowish glow from the bulbs, bringing out the blue from an evening sky, resulting in warmth. It's all so nice.

@artist01

@sueinmn

Jump to this post

Yes, that and the smell of mushrooms!
Oh, I haven't been outside for so long. I really long to find someone to go out with, then walk in the woods and smell the wood, the mushrooms, the watery smell that emerges from small cricks.
The sounds are so good, too; crackling leaves almost make me afraid to step on them for fear of breaking them, then making it impossible for me to move because this one, no, that one, no; that one! is so beautiful with its slowly receding flesh, its veins defying decay, so fragile but so resistant, still.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.