What's outside of your picture window today?

Posted by John, Volunteer Mentor @johnbishop, Nov 25, 2020

As we get ready for the real winter to show up and COVID-19 still playing a major part in our lives I like to spend moments of my day de-stressing about what's going on in the world today. All I have to do is look out the window and observe some of natures beautiful creatures, how they interact and ponder how small it makes my troubles seem. Sometimes I may even get the opportunity to take a photo or two. How about you? Anything going on outside of your window(s) that you want to share?

For those members that have the ability to size your photos before you upload them to the discussion, may I suggest using the following sizes:
– 500 x 335 pixels (landscape)
– 210 x 210 pixels (square)

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@loribmt

First look at Mother Nature’s Crayola box this season! More to come…autumn in the north woods of Wisconsin is just getting started!

Jump to this post

@loribmt Beautiful foliage. You are way ahead of us here in southern NH. That foliage is so pretty it almost looks like New England! I thought the reds were almost exclusive to our locale.
JK

@loribmt Hi Lori. I'm thinkin' by now we're in the wrong discussion group, no longer looking out our picture windows where we first started, but now looking inward at our health issues.
But to continue, ( now we're playing Dueling Health Comparisons! giggle.)
Anyway, continuing on that subject - poor you, Lori, having "weekly 500" infusions of Prednisone. That would have been so hard on your system. And then to suffer the distressing changes in the "You", as you and everyone knew you as. My Prednisone story began when I was hospitalized immediately once GCA was diagnosed, and had "three days of 1000" I.V. infusions. Had a stroke on the 2nd day (July) and a second stroke in September. I was on Prednisone on a titred basis
from I think 80 mg a day to 2.5 mg, when my WBC and neutrophils crashed and I had to be suddenly taken off Prednisone. (Withdrawal (ugh) for 6 weeks). Actemra was then started - a kinder, gentler weekly injection made specifically for GCA.
And yes, indeed, Prednisone is a wonderful drug that accomplishes many miracles. For me, it stopped the GCA blindness caused in my right eye from proceeding to my left eye. I'm so grateful for that!!

Just had to share some more colors! Wow, just wow!!

@loribmt

Jump to this post

Absolutely gorgeous Lori! Love Fall colors.

@loribmt

Jump to this post

Quick change artist trees
From summer to fall at once -
Others will follow.

@gingerw

Quick change artist trees
From summer to fall at once -
Others will follow.

Jump to this post

Lovely Haiku, Ginger

So happy Bambi looked both ways before crossing yesterday morning when I was taking some scrap metal to the dump. She quickly turned and went back into the woods.

@loribmt

Jump to this post

Beautiful, @loribmt
We really do not have any colors yet except an occasional branch.

When we look out our windows these days all we see are chipmunks and squirrels. We are overrun with them. My husband has tried so many different things to get rid of them because they are digging up our bark mulch - holes everywhere - lawn, and burrowing under the brick walkway making it buckle. They are costing us a lot of money.
JK

I planted a few little succulents in a pot last spring and today I found this lovely little bloom!

@rosemarya

I planted a few little succulents in a pot last spring and today I found this lovely little bloom!

Jump to this post

Oh how pretty, Rosemary!! Do you bring them in the house for winter? I’ve never had luck with succulents blooming!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.