What's outside of your picture window today?

Posted by John, Volunteer Mentor @johnbishop, Nov 25, 2020

As we get ready for the real winter to show up and COVID-19 still playing a major part in our lives I like to spend moments of my day de-stressing about what's going on in the world today. All I have to do is look out the window and observe some of natures beautiful creatures, how they interact and ponder how small it makes my troubles seem. Sometimes I may even get the opportunity to take a photo or two. How about you? Anything going on outside of your window(s) that you want to share?

For those members that have the ability to size your photos before you upload them to the discussion, may I suggest using the following sizes:
– 500 x 335 pixels (landscape)
– 210 x 210 pixels (square)

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@ess77

@loribmt and all
Hi, Lori. Don't have answers about blood yet. I hope to have some bloodwork tomorrow when I see the surgeon. No bleeding today, but I can't use the saline rinse at all. There's something not right about this saline rinse hurting me so much. It's really bad and indicates something is wrong. It should and did feel so good. Be healing. But, feels like I'm burning the insides of all my sinuses and my right ear. Then, headache and ear ache.

The sleep doc found my ferrous level was 12, I think it's supposed to be 20-750?????? Don't remember the exact number range, but it's crazy and I was off the charts negative. She almost gave me an iron infusion, but instead put me on Vitron-C, iron +C supplement. Gradually, after 2 years, I'm up to 25. So, I don't have much to play with here, so I have a feeling the numbers are low now. Blood was pouring for 10 - 20 min, I am a bit less weak today, but haven't done anything but rest all day. Upstairs. So, will be glad to see her tomorrow, although she will be sticking that instrument up my nose and it's tender.....oh well. All is good and tomorrow will be better. I'll find something out tomorrow. And, have a conversation about that drat nasal covid test.

You sound well. Hope so. I'm exhausted and off to bed asap.
Blessings, my friend. elizabeth

Jump to this post

Elizabeth, you are such a trouper! Don’t rush your recovery, with that much blood loss you’re going to be tired! It’s time to relax in that super cushy nest you made upstairs.
You let that doctor know tomorrow to be gentle with your schnozz! Like Young Sheldon’s Mee Maw says, “Don’t go pokin’ at it!!” ☺️. Joking aside, I’m glad to hear the bleeding subsided today. Hopefully your sinuses are on the mend after the surgery and you’ll finally get relief after so many months of suffering. So happy to have you back with us. Nighty night, Miss Elizabeth. Hugs.

@loribmt

@artist01 @jakedduck1 @lioness @sueinmn and other nature lovers!! Had to share a bit of madness from my garden this morning! Honey Crisp apples and blossoms at the same time! Crazy!!
@ess77, where are you?? I hope you’re doing ok after your surgery. We miss you!! Hugs.

Jump to this post

I love these photos! Honey Crisp is one of the most usual apples to do this, but it happens more than folks think - I think our crazy extreme weather confuses the poor trees.
My camera has been in hiding while I work in the sewing room...so I'll enjoy your pics.
Sue

@sueinmn

I love these photos! Honey Crisp is one of the most usual apples to do this, but it happens more than folks think - I think our crazy extreme weather confuses the poor trees.
My camera has been in hiding while I work in the sewing room...so I'll enjoy your pics.
Sue

Jump to this post

Thanks Sue! I honestly have never seen this happen before! I had to do a double take thinking it was a joke! Mother Nature has a sense of humor me thinks. LOL

First look at Mother Nature’s Crayola box this season! More to come…autumn in the north woods of Wisconsin is just getting started!

@loribmt

First look at Mother Nature’s Crayola box this season! More to come…autumn in the north woods of Wisconsin is just getting started!

Jump to this post

Got to get out on the river soon!

@loribmt

Jump to this post

So pretty Lori! Kind of makes you want to break out the banjos 😁 Leaves down here just turned yellow and flew off the trees.

@johnbishop

So pretty Lori! Kind of makes you want to break out the banjos 😁 Leaves down here just turned yellow and flew off the trees.

Jump to this post

Been many years since I played the banjo! Oy, my fingers wouldn’t be happy anymore! My brother and I used to play Dueling Banjos…he played the banjo, I was on guitar…long before it was popular in Deliverance!

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-s&ei=UTF-8&p=dueling+banjos+youtube#id=4&vid=54a5adbe9b3d28a5313653cf8a5cc260&action=view
@loribmt

Jump to this post

@loribmt Wow Lori! Blazing glory! A feast for our eyes. Thanks for that beautiful picture!

@loribmt

Been many years since I played the banjo! Oy, my fingers wouldn’t be happy anymore! My brother and I used to play Dueling Banjos…he played the banjo, I was on guitar…long before it was popular in Deliverance!

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-s&ei=UTF-8&p=dueling+banjos+youtube#id=4&vid=54a5adbe9b3d28a5313653cf8a5cc260&action=view

Jump to this post

@loribmt. So, Lori, you're musical too, added to your other many talents! Wow! It's sad that our bodies have to give up certain talents as time creeps up on us. I was taking piano lessons - a lifelong wish I had - before this dang GCA got me in 2019. BUT, good news...my rheumatologist the other day was very pleased with my GCA progress and cut my imunosupressant Actemra injections back from weekly to every TWO weeks! Yaaay!! She hadn't seen me since before Covid and hardly recognized me from the Prednisone-induced moon face, bloated body, and 55 extra pounds I sported then. We were both feeling celebratory over that too!!

@artist01

@loribmt. So, Lori, you're musical too, added to your other many talents! Wow! It's sad that our bodies have to give up certain talents as time creeps up on us. I was taking piano lessons - a lifelong wish I had - before this dang GCA got me in 2019. BUT, good news...my rheumatologist the other day was very pleased with my GCA progress and cut my imunosupressant Actemra injections back from weekly to every TWO weeks! Yaaay!! She hadn't seen me since before Covid and hardly recognized me from the Prednisone-induced moon face, bloated body, and 55 extra pounds I sported then. We were both feeling celebratory over that too!!

Jump to this post

Laurie, that’s such fantastic news from your rheumatologist! You have to be over the moon with the progress report and I’m rejoicing right along with you, m’dear.

Isn’t it rather fun when you get a chance to visit with someone who hasn’t seen you in a while? Especially after going through a significant medical ordeal that’s changed our looks? People who knew me before AML & transplant remark how differently I look because I lost over 30 pounds, hair is no longer a messy bun on my head, And of course, medical staff who saw me through my medical stuff don’t recognize me at all until I speak! I have now hair, meat back on my bones and don’t look like a zombie or later as a bloated zombie. Prednisone is a miracle drug but sure can alter the face, neck and tummy area. I was on 500ml weekly infusions so it was a lot!

Not sure why I no longer play banjo or guitar. But it wasn’t the body giving up. LOL. I think life just got in the way as it was more a hobby than a calling. I did try the guitar a while back, still remembered the strings and chords. But my fingers no longer have calluses and I’m not willing to put that effort or pain back into resurrection. 😂

Have you considered trying the piano again? I took lessons as an adult too.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.