What's outside of your picture window today?

Posted by John, Volunteer Mentor @johnbishop, Nov 25, 2020

As we get ready for the real winter to show up and COVID-19 still playing a major part in our lives I like to spend moments of my day de-stressing about what's going on in the world today. All I have to do is look out the window and observe some of natures beautiful creatures, how they interact and ponder how small it makes my troubles seem. Sometimes I may even get the opportunity to take a photo or two. How about you? Anything going on outside of your window(s) that you want to share?

For those members that have the ability to size your photos before you upload them to the discussion, may I suggest using the following sizes:
– 500 x 335 pixels (landscape)
– 210 x 210 pixels (square)

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@loribmt

@artist01 @jakedduck1 @lioness @sueinmn and other nature lovers!! Had to share a bit of madness from my garden this morning! Honey Crisp apples and blossoms at the same time! Crazy!!
@ess77, where are you?? I hope you’re doing ok after your surgery. We miss you!! Hugs.

Jump to this post

@loribmt. @artist01.@jakedduck1, @lioness, @sueinmn, @becsbuddy, @IndianaScott and all....
Well, ain't it nice to be missed! I'm doing fairly well. today. The thing I was concerned about most, anesthesia and effects thereof, was a piece of cake. I had very good anes. docs who really wanted to help me do well, They put the little patch for motion-sickness behind my ear for 3 days. No nausea or problem. She used a bit of fentanyl before the OR to help me relax. It was wonderful! I felt my muscles and body as they leg go, relaxed into the table. I had no idea my muscles were so tight, but they were and stay that way. I had some back and leg cramping moving to the table in OR. but I think they didn't want to hear me fuss and I don't even remember getting on the table!!! now, that's a good way to do it.

I had no problems with O2 waking up, could breath fine. NO pain, Almost no pain at all, but enough to just hurt some. I was impressed. All is well, except for some unwanted bleeding. I've had several episodes of bleeding profusely, suddenly and profuse. Usually lasting about 10-15 minutes. I think I've lost a bit of blood that's making me less well.....weak, foggy thinking some, very tired, and burning when I use the nasal saline rinse 4 times a day. I love that rinse. It really helps but 4 times now, last night and this morning the latest, when I begin using it it feels like acid is washing through all my sinues, eyes, right ear, forehead.....acid. That's so much fun.

I spoke with the doctor Friday evening re bleeding. Not good, but I'm to stay quiet, do nothing, lift nothing, don't bend over, sleep with my head upright, like in recliner which is hard to do, or on 4 pillows, which I do. I had begun to let myself add seed to the feeders, rearrange a few plants...not heavy ones, but apparently too heavy if at all.

I slept all day last night and just got up today at 2:00. Still tired. But, tomorrow I have visit with surgeon, so I'll get some answers re these irritants. Knowing my body as I do, it will take me longer than expected to heal. Oh, had to stop the antibiotic due to intestinal issues, and had trouble getting anyone to give me instructions from the ENT dept. I'm now on double strength bactrin and doing fine.

I do have a small gripe, tho. First one with Mayo...I had surgery at 8 am,......forgot to tell you that. I was #1. Guess what time I was at the hospital?????? 530 which means I had no sleep that night. So, I was heading home with my friend at 11:00. I haven't yet heard from anyone from Mayo ENT to ck on my progress. I am quite surprised and irritated that not one person called to ck on me, see if I was ok, staff knew I was alone. I heard not one word from the doctor/assistant/nurse/tech/maintenance....Every time I've had a procedure there I've been called the same day to ck on my progress, make sure all is ok and answer questions. But, not this time. And, I needed to talk with someone about the bleeding. Rob was livid that they sent me home at all! Funny man, he thought a woman my age....humph....with my physical problems, should be in hospital overnight. I mentioned covid is high and best I'm home in isolation. But, someone should have ck'd on me. I'll be mentioning this to the doctor. Don't care how busy, if low on staff....don't care. Someone should have called.

I have another issue with the ENT doc. I see her Monday for 1st follow-up. The 25th for next follow-up, Guess what she requires before that visit????? a nasal covid test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that ain't happening, friends. I will not have another covid test unless down the road I have surgery. I don't even think I'll have it any more before CT or MRI. I will not have the test, and if that means I don't see the doc, so be it. YOu don't know me, personally, so let me tell you a secret. Once I set my mind to do or NOT do something, that's the end, no further discussion. So, no nasal swab. she will be using the endoscope both times and that's more than enough.

I bet there's some kind of bloodwork to test for covid instead of the nasa swab. Stick needles all you want, but no swab up my nose to my brain! I've had 14 of these tests! No more.

Now, thanks for your good thoughts and helping me deal with this silly surgery. There was apparently very much infection and such, so I'm really glad to have this done. Has to make a difference in my overall health to be rid of nasty infections,. So, in a few days, as I produce more good red blood cells and get some good iron in my veins - probably have low ferrous level and may need an infusion. Hope so, cause I'll feel better faster that way.

Hope all of you had a wonderful week and felt me thinking of you. I was. Today is the first day I have energy to type and think. Off to take a nap. I'll chat later and can't wait to catch up with each of you so very special folks.
blessings your way....elizabeth

@ess77

@loribmt. @artist01.@jakedduck1, @lioness, @sueinmn, @becsbuddy, @IndianaScott and all....
Well, ain't it nice to be missed! I'm doing fairly well. today. The thing I was concerned about most, anesthesia and effects thereof, was a piece of cake. I had very good anes. docs who really wanted to help me do well, They put the little patch for motion-sickness behind my ear for 3 days. No nausea or problem. She used a bit of fentanyl before the OR to help me relax. It was wonderful! I felt my muscles and body as they leg go, relaxed into the table. I had no idea my muscles were so tight, but they were and stay that way. I had some back and leg cramping moving to the table in OR. but I think they didn't want to hear me fuss and I don't even remember getting on the table!!! now, that's a good way to do it.

I had no problems with O2 waking up, could breath fine. NO pain, Almost no pain at all, but enough to just hurt some. I was impressed. All is well, except for some unwanted bleeding. I've had several episodes of bleeding profusely, suddenly and profuse. Usually lasting about 10-15 minutes. I think I've lost a bit of blood that's making me less well.....weak, foggy thinking some, very tired, and burning when I use the nasal saline rinse 4 times a day. I love that rinse. It really helps but 4 times now, last night and this morning the latest, when I begin using it it feels like acid is washing through all my sinues, eyes, right ear, forehead.....acid. That's so much fun.

I spoke with the doctor Friday evening re bleeding. Not good, but I'm to stay quiet, do nothing, lift nothing, don't bend over, sleep with my head upright, like in recliner which is hard to do, or on 4 pillows, which I do. I had begun to let myself add seed to the feeders, rearrange a few plants...not heavy ones, but apparently too heavy if at all.

I slept all day last night and just got up today at 2:00. Still tired. But, tomorrow I have visit with surgeon, so I'll get some answers re these irritants. Knowing my body as I do, it will take me longer than expected to heal. Oh, had to stop the antibiotic due to intestinal issues, and had trouble getting anyone to give me instructions from the ENT dept. I'm now on double strength bactrin and doing fine.

I do have a small gripe, tho. First one with Mayo...I had surgery at 8 am,......forgot to tell you that. I was #1. Guess what time I was at the hospital?????? 530 which means I had no sleep that night. So, I was heading home with my friend at 11:00. I haven't yet heard from anyone from Mayo ENT to ck on my progress. I am quite surprised and irritated that not one person called to ck on me, see if I was ok, staff knew I was alone. I heard not one word from the doctor/assistant/nurse/tech/maintenance....Every time I've had a procedure there I've been called the same day to ck on my progress, make sure all is ok and answer questions. But, not this time. And, I needed to talk with someone about the bleeding. Rob was livid that they sent me home at all! Funny man, he thought a woman my age....humph....with my physical problems, should be in hospital overnight. I mentioned covid is high and best I'm home in isolation. But, someone should have ck'd on me. I'll be mentioning this to the doctor. Don't care how busy, if low on staff....don't care. Someone should have called.

I have another issue with the ENT doc. I see her Monday for 1st follow-up. The 25th for next follow-up, Guess what she requires before that visit????? a nasal covid test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that ain't happening, friends. I will not have another covid test unless down the road I have surgery. I don't even think I'll have it any more before CT or MRI. I will not have the test, and if that means I don't see the doc, so be it. YOu don't know me, personally, so let me tell you a secret. Once I set my mind to do or NOT do something, that's the end, no further discussion. So, no nasal swab. she will be using the endoscope both times and that's more than enough.

I bet there's some kind of bloodwork to test for covid instead of the nasa swab. Stick needles all you want, but no swab up my nose to my brain! I've had 14 of these tests! No more.

Now, thanks for your good thoughts and helping me deal with this silly surgery. There was apparently very much infection and such, so I'm really glad to have this done. Has to make a difference in my overall health to be rid of nasty infections,. So, in a few days, as I produce more good red blood cells and get some good iron in my veins - probably have low ferrous level and may need an infusion. Hope so, cause I'll feel better faster that way.

Hope all of you had a wonderful week and felt me thinking of you. I was. Today is the first day I have energy to type and think. Off to take a nap. I'll chat later and can't wait to catch up with each of you so very special folks.

Jump to this post

That's great news Elizabeth!

@artscaping

I think we have some piliated lovers in this very nature-aware group. So guess what? The piliated seem to be lovers also.

Jump to this post

@artscaping, and all....Wow! I love this bird. They are almost embarrassing me, Chris. So dear...I don't have pilated woodys, but have lots of downy and red-breasted, I think. 2 different kinds, several pairs, and some young ones.

I've started a fight among the squirrel family. I must have 5-6 squirrels who have fun on my patio and have always won our constant battle. Last week, the night before surgery, I rearranged the feeders after cleaning and filling. I added a couple of baffels, that work! Put peanuts in a couple of wire tube feeders where the squirrels can get to them. all the feeders I put in higher, lower, or farther down the limbs from the trunk, so they can't reach. I had to use a ladder to do this and be very careful, but did it and it worked.

One clever stubborn male learned to jump up from a large planter and land on the tray, missed once, but was ok. I've solved that now and he can't get to anything except the 2 peanut tubes and 2 large cages for woodpecker seed or suet. Now, he's an angry male! If another squirrel gets near a limb with the peanuts or cages, he attacks from afar, very intent on protecting his territory. The chases can be long and can end in a fight. One squirrel has several large lumps on his side, may have cancer or whatever. Another had a gash on her side. Both seem ok I suppose, but they are having a serious spat.

Everyone seems happy otherwise. Chic-a-dee numbers have grown, w/several little ones, not as many cardinal families for some reason, no blue-jay forever, haven't seen as many house finch either. I think since I got behind on cleaning and filling, they were going to other feeders, so I have to do a better job of keeping it all full.

I moved my 2 bird-baths into the sun so the new solar fountains will work. Love it. so do the birds. They seem to like the moving water.

Mosquitos? Gone! I have solar powered zapper that really worked well, and 2 zapper walkway lights I just put out. I also have one electric zapper downstairs in the kitchen and smile and giggle every time I hear it 'zzzzzzappppp'. several times in the evening, I have a smaller one upstairs in my BR with a nice blue light. Haven't had a bite since!

So, I think I may have won that battle. Still have standing water and always will. I can't help that. But, I now welcome those nasty biters to my patio for their final moments!!!!!

Rest well, my friends. Blessings to all. elizabeth

@ess77

Jump to this post

Elizabeth it’s great to have you back! I’m so happy and relieved everything went well…except the bleeding. Hopefully that gets under control soon! If your red blood count is low, is your platelet level down too? Just curious as that can explain some of the bleeding. For now, just rest up!! Hugs!!

@artscaping

I think we have some piliated lovers in this very nature-aware group. So guess what? The piliated seem to be lovers also.

Jump to this post

Wow, Chris!! Those are great shots!! Hard enough to get one pileated in the picture, let alone two!! Really special! 💕

Thanks Lori. We see this couple almost every day. The problem for photography is that they are very skidish. We need to stand way back in the room or they will fly away.

@ess77 Glad your starting to feel better here,s a picture to give you smiles

@lioness

@ess77 Glad your starting to feel better here,s a picture to give you smiles

Jump to this post

@lioness and all
Thanks. Love the picture...you're having a good time with your art! Keep it up. Bet it's relaxing and peaceful....blessings to you, my friend. elizabeth

@loribmt

Elizabeth it’s great to have you back! I’m so happy and relieved everything went well…except the bleeding. Hopefully that gets under control soon! If your red blood count is low, is your platelet level down too? Just curious as that can explain some of the bleeding. For now, just rest up!! Hugs!!

Jump to this post

@loribmt and all
Hi, Lori. Don't have answers about blood yet. I hope to have some bloodwork tomorrow when I see the surgeon. No bleeding today, but I can't use the saline rinse at all. There's something not right about this saline rinse hurting me so much. It's really bad and indicates something is wrong. It should and did feel so good. Be healing. But, feels like I'm burning the insides of all my sinuses and my right ear. Then, headache and ear ache.

The sleep doc found my ferrous level was 12, I think it's supposed to be 20-750?????? Don't remember the exact number range, but it's crazy and I was off the charts negative. She almost gave me an iron infusion, but instead put me on Vitron-C, iron +C supplement. Gradually, after 2 years, I'm up to 25. So, I don't have much to play with here, so I have a feeling the numbers are low now. Blood was pouring for 10 - 20 min, I am a bit less weak today, but haven't done anything but rest all day. Upstairs. So, will be glad to see her tomorrow, although she will be sticking that instrument up my nose and it's tender.....oh well. All is good and tomorrow will be better. I'll find something out tomorrow. And, have a conversation about that drat nasal covid test.

You sound well. Hope so. I'm exhausted and off to bed asap.
Blessings, my friend. elizabeth

@ess77 Yes it is relaxing I in nhobby you like is relaxing. Thank you

Please sign in or register to post a reply.