What's outside of your picture window today?

Posted by John, Volunteer Mentor @johnbishop, Nov 25, 2020

As we get ready for the real winter to show up and COVID-19 still playing a major part in our lives I like to spend moments of my day de-stressing about what's going on in the world today. All I have to do is look out the window and observe some of natures beautiful creatures, how they interact and ponder how small it makes my troubles seem. Sometimes I may even get the opportunity to take a photo or two. How about you? Anything going on outside of your window(s) that you want to share?

For those members that have the ability to size your photos before you upload them to the discussion, may I suggest using the following sizes:
– 500 x 335 pixels (landscape)
– 210 x 210 pixels (square)

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@loribmt

I’d never seen eagles outside of a nature center until I was in my 30s? Then we rented a cottage for a week in northern Wisconsin. I was sitting on the dock mid morning with our Golden and all of a sudden this huge black shadow blotted the sun from behind! Felt a rush of air and this Eagle swooped and grabbed a fish out of the water just a few feet in front of me!! My heart was in my throat and the dog left a trail of whizzz all the way to the house!! 😂
It’s wonderful to see these magnificent birds making such a healthy comeback!
I’m still having huge internet issues here so I can’t post my video of the eagle swimming. But youtube has several similar videos. Just do a quick search. They indeed do the breast stroke!! Who knew??!!

We have Osprey too and wow, watching them make a dive into the water at full speed is amazing! First time I saw that happen I watched this large bird diving towards the water, expecting it to veer off before impact! I was stunned to see it actually go into the lake. Took several seconds before it rose to the top and then took off with a fish!! Nature is really fascinating!

Jump to this post

There's a pretty steep hill behind me that we access (when I can walk) and follow trails up to a community park. Above a basketball court, on top of one of the floodlights, the ospreys have a nest that they have used for years. If one blows down they rebuild. Our river is just a short flight for them. Perfect place, except I bet that they don't like the games.

@IndianaScott

I agree @ess77 A bit too soon, but we have been in an extreme drought up here so I am happy to see any color other than brown 🙂 This shot was last night's sunset. I'm a sucker for the sunsets on our beach.

Jump to this post

@IndianaScott and all.....
Magnificent sunset. You captured a special moment in your day. thanks for sharing, Scottl
blessings, elizabeth

@IndianaScott

I agree @ess77 A bit too soon, but we have been in an extreme drought up here so I am happy to see any color other than brown 🙂 This shot was last night's sunset. I'm a sucker for the sunsets on our beach.

Jump to this post

@IndianaScott Hi Scott. Love that handle!
Your sunset photo is so awesome I can't get it out of my mind. One of the best sunsets I've seen - ever! Great capture! Laurie

@IndianaScott

Jump to this post

Wow! Wow! Wow!

@j117 You have contacted me privately twice saying that you could help. I prefer to have our discussion in this public forum. Do you have a health issue that could be helped by the members of Mayo Clinic Connect? We’re all patients, or family members and caretakers of patient, and we try to help each other with resources, education, and personal experiences.
How can we help you?

@becsbuddy

@j117 You have contacted me privately twice saying that you could help. I prefer to have our discussion in this public forum. Do you have a health issue that could be helped by the members of Mayo Clinic Connect? We’re all patients, or family members and caretakers of patient, and we try to help each other with resources, education, and personal experiences.
How can we help you?

Jump to this post

The second one was just to let you know I wasn't fake. Wasn't going to discuss anything privately. The wifi has been messed up lately, sorry.

@artist01 @jakedduck1 @lioness @sueinmn and other nature lovers!! Had to share a bit of madness from my garden this morning! Honey Crisp apples and blossoms at the same time! Crazy!!
@ess77, where are you?? I hope you’re doing ok after your surgery. We miss you!! Hugs.

@loribmt

@artist01 @jakedduck1 @lioness @sueinmn and other nature lovers!! Had to share a bit of madness from my garden this morning! Honey Crisp apples and blossoms at the same time! Crazy!!
@ess77, where are you?? I hope you’re doing ok after your surgery. We miss you!! Hugs.

Jump to this post

@loribmt. Yes Lori, that little apple tree is trying to be original, just like you are! 🤣
And yes, @ess77, we miss you and hope your surgery went really well!

@loribmt

Jump to this post

Didn’t mean to post this twice. The first time i received a message that it didn’t post. But now I see it did. More strangeness today. LOL

I think we have some piliated lovers in this very nature-aware group. So guess what? The piliated seem to be lovers also.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.