Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

@leelee888123

I have my medical marijuana card. Which brand gummy works for you? I am having trouble finding one that works?

Jump to this post

I buy gummies by Hedy. Their potency is one.0 mg THC/54.0 mg CBD per gel. A dose for me is 1/2 gummy. It lasts about 6 hours. They come 12 gummy‘s to a package, and last me for about a week. At that dose of THC there are no psychoactive effects.

Thank you for the info. I will incorporate more CBD into my regiment. I use a 1:1 tincture sublingual as well as High THC RSO. More THC than CBD. There is also CBG that this one dispensary agent told me about. He said he took a CBD/CBG tincture and was surprised how well it worked for pain. I bought Some but haven't tried it enough to notice a difference. Anyway. Thank you.

@jphenley

Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection. I appreciate your response. Above is what I had. No bad side effects and helped decrease my pain.
I am so sorry for your condition. I am 71 and understand your frustration. Constant pain or discomfort. Prayers going out to you.

Jump to this post

Thankyou for your thoughts and suggestions. I’ll talk to my doctor about it.
Kind regards
Graham

@raptor1942

Thankyou for your thoughts and suggestions. I’ll talk to my doctor about it.
Kind regards
Graham

Jump to this post

I can't do gummies due to interaction with my psych meds. Have been in chronic acute foot pain for over a year. Trying to avoid surgery. Two foot surgeries have already failed. But I can't go on much longer with 2 dislocated toes with my ligament basically gone with tears. The pain is unbearable and my blood pressure keeps going up. But my surgeon is even reluctant to do it and did a run around with me with conservative measures she knew would never work. She will not give me any straight forward answers. Afraid of getting sued I guess. An fake ligament and screws is all she said. Wish I could fly to the top surgeon in the country but my many disabilities won't allow that. I'm all alone in this world but she said I don't qualify for skilled care. I'm so scared. Any ideas to help calm my fears? Maria.

So sorry for your dilemma. In really not qualified to offer you any useful advice, other than if you’re not comfortable doing whats advised, then why do it. Nothing better than another opinion from another expert. Then your back to square one.
Have a wonderful day.
Graham

Hi I’m Marcia. I have knee pain with both knees. I’ve had them both replaced and they still hurt. Walking and stairs are the worse. Drs don’t seem to know why

Hi, I'm Geri. I have been treated for chronic pain for about 30 years. I am now 75. Back problems and fibromyalgia have always been my Achilles heel. I've had one spinal surgery to repair some disc problems, and have been putting off another for fusion at 2 locations in my lumbar spine. In addition, I' m also putting off surgery in my cervical spine, because I have developed painful scoliosis. Three weeks ago, I had a total hip replacement, and I am not experiencing pain relief and quick recovery, that is often associated with hip replacement surgery. We're pretty sure that fibromyalgia is the culprit there...post-op pain is off the charts and it looks as though I will be experiencing a much longer recovery time. For a relatively illusive disorder, fibromyalgia causes some horrible symptoms. There...I've done my whining for the day. I know that some of you are worse-off and some better. I wish you all pain-free days. Nice meeting you!!!!

@marciak9

Hi I’m Marcia. I have knee pain with both knees. I’ve had them both replaced and they still hurt. Walking and stairs are the worse. Drs don’t seem to know why

Jump to this post

You're not the first one to experience this. I have a friend (early 70s) who had her knees replaced. Over a year later, she is still experiencing pain. Like you, the docs aren't sure why. My buddy who had knees and a hip replaced, said the pain from the hip replacement was the worst of the two and lasted quite a long period of time. Possibly six monthe or more. It finally abated and he's pain-free now. How long has it been since your knee replacement. Perhaps you'll just have to play the waiting game.

@marciak9

Jump to this post

After awhile, except for the more routine ailments, one begins to realize how little they do know or can do for the patient.

@heisenberg34

You're not the first one to experience this. I have a friend (early 70s) who had her knees replaced. Over a year later, she is still experiencing pain. Like you, the docs aren't sure why. My buddy who had knees and a hip replaced, said the pain from the hip replacement was the worst of the two and lasted quite a long period of time. Possibly six monthe or more. It finally abated and he's pain-free now. How long has it been since your knee replacement. Perhaps you'll just have to play the waiting game.

Jump to this post

I had my left knee replaced in 2016 and my right in 2018. The only time I’m pain free is when I’m swimming. Riding an incumbent bike is the one exercise I can do without pain. I smoother them with Diclophenac, ice and heat. Walking hurts my knees the most.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.