Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

Hello all. I am sorry for the pain everyone is suffering. I, too, have had chronic pain which began suddenly about 4 years ago which I know is a short time compared to many of you. The first pain began as a severe burning on my back which now covers my entire torso. This is central pain syndrome which will never go away. I've had several nerve blocks that haven't helped. I was experiencing a host of other painful symptoms which were finally diagnosed as dysautonomia which can be helped by some meds and an anti-inflammatory diet. The latest problem began about 6 months ago when I started having severe right thigh pain which made walking anything but very short distances impossible even with a cane. I had spinal fusion for this a couple of weeks ago and during the process of MRIs and x-rays it was discovered that I need hip replacement (bone on bone) which is causing me brutal pain and I have to wait 6 months for that surgery. Not sure how I will handle that.

Best to all.

@cathyroc

Trochanteric Bursitis

Jump to this post

You must be a little relieved that you have a diagnosis. I also suffer from Trochanteric Bursitis. It is very painful so I offer you a hug. Mine is chronic and responds well to injections of steroid solution given by my Rheumatologist every so often. I also have SLE and Fibromyalgia. I hope you find relief.

@maddiemae

Hello all. I am sorry for the pain everyone is suffering. I, too, have had chronic pain which began suddenly about 4 years ago which I know is a short time compared to many of you. The first pain began as a severe burning on my back which now covers my entire torso. This is central pain syndrome which will never go away. I've had several nerve blocks that haven't helped. I was experiencing a host of other painful symptoms which were finally diagnosed as dysautonomia which can be helped by some meds and an anti-inflammatory diet. The latest problem began about 6 months ago when I started having severe right thigh pain which made walking anything but very short distances impossible even with a cane. I had spinal fusion for this a couple of weeks ago and during the process of MRIs and x-rays it was discovered that I need hip replacement (bone on bone) which is causing me brutal pain and I have to wait 6 months for that surgery. Not sure how I will handle that.

Best to all.

Jump to this post

God bless you. Sounds tough. I hope you get the help you need. PAIN is the worst 4- letter word!

Hello everyone!
I'm new here!
I have chronic pain every day. Fibro and lower back issues. I take gabby and Cymbalta. It does help with the pain. I'm trying to find other avenues to treat the pain. I have heard about some kind of liquid you put under your tongue. I'm 54

@lurbby

Hello everyone!
I'm new here!
I have chronic pain every day. Fibro and lower back issues. I take gabby and Cymbalta. It does help with the pain. I'm trying to find other avenues to treat the pain. I have heard about some kind of liquid you put under your tongue. I'm 54

Jump to this post

Welcome, Madame "New Here". So glad to see you. Thanks for the picture. I just have to tell you that my daughter was here for a visit yesterday. She is older than you are at 59. Also wiser and more adventuresome than I ever was.

So..you are taking gabby, "Gabapentin" and "Cymbalta", (Duloxetine). So am I. Before we, as mentors can comment, we would like to know if they are doing what they are supposed to do. How long have you been suffering?

I sort of guessed that the liquid you put under your tongue just might be a cannabis tincture. By letting the membrane under your tongue filter and process the liquid, the medication goes right to your brain instead of through your digestive system. You begin to receive relief within 15 - 20 minutes. Have you found medical alternatives helpful?

May you be safe, protected, and free of inner and outer harm.
Chris

@lurbby

Hello everyone!
I'm new here!

Jump to this post

God Bless You! I have Fibro and other maladies and stay in pain and fatigued a lot. I can't tolerate the two meds you are taking. I take Flexeril on the worst of days, soak in Epsom salt, use Voltaren Gel and heat packs. I'm not familiar with the liquid you put under your tongue. Fibro is a silent physical problem.....we look fine....but we don't feel fine. I have had it for 28 years. Personally, I believe that having Epstein Barr (Mono) back in Junior high, chronic sinus infections for years weakened my immune system and caused the Fibro. I use tolerate massages on my back, but, I can't now. Have you had a complete thyroid panel done? Often thyroid disease goes along with Fibro and can contribute to arthritis. God Bless You and praying for you tonight. I understand and I care.

Hello My name is Melissa. I am 72 yrs old soon 74. Can not remember if I have been in this group or not before, so won't bore you. Have extremely debilitating pain. Have been on Vicodin for 20+ years & did well. Independent. Year or a little more ago pain increased and have to have help from my children frequently & house cleaner q 2 weeks. Have had nerves burned & injected & helps for awhile. What helps all of you.

@twinkie23

You must be a little relieved that you have a diagnosis. I also suffer from Trochanteric Bursitis. It is very painful so I offer you a hug. Mine is chronic and responds well to injections of steroid solution given by my Rheumatologist every so often. I also have SLE and Fibromyalgia. I hope you find relief.

Jump to this post

When I see my surgeon on the 27th I'm going to ask about injections.
I'm so happy that you're finding relief.
Hugs for continued relief.

@lurbby

Hello everyone!
I'm new here!

Jump to this post

Chronic pain is so wicked. I also take gabby and duloxitine. Don't know what I'd do without them. I hope the tincture works for you. I've considered it but I've read that it can interfere with gabby. Don't know the veracity of that. I would love to know how it works for you.
Best.

@melissajessie

Hello My name is Melissa. I am 72 yrs old soon 74. Can not remember if I have been in this group or not before, so won't bore you. Have extremely debilitating pain. Have been on Vicodin for 20+ years & did well. Independent. Year or a little more ago pain increased and have to have help from my children frequently & house cleaner q 2 weeks. Have had nerves burned & injected & helps for awhile. What helps all of you.

Jump to this post

Hi Melissa. I am so sorry for your pain. I have central pain syndrome, dysautonomia and as of late spondylolisthesis. I had spinal fusion surgery 2 weeks ago. I'm taking gabapentin, duloxitine, hydrocodone, diazapam, methocarbomol. The last 3 were added after my surgery and I'll take them until my horrible nerve pain in my thigh settles down. Gabapentin and duloxitine are standards for me. Maybe your doc can tell you if these would be appropriate for you. Wishing you relief.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.