Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

Dear chronic pain friends ~

Hoping today finds you on the upside! 🌞

@juliesmhunt

Hi my name is Julie I have been suffering for at least 25 years I have DDD... Disc degenerative disease osteoporosis osteopenia osteoarthritis I am 60 years old and I have found nothing to relieve the pain except extremely strong pain medicine and I am basically immune to it after 25 years any suggestions thanks just a girl tired of being in pain

Jump to this post

Hi Julie, I'm sorry you struggle with chronic pain. What sort of pain management plan do you have in place besides strong medications that aren't working because you've grown immune? Have you ever considered weaning off heavy meds and implementing lifestyle changes like cognitive behavioral therapy, coping strategies, exercising, stretching and stress-management for example? I was using opioids for chronic pain and they got me nowhere. I eventually had had enough of strong meds and made a change. You are a youngster still! Sometimes, being so tired of being in pain may be a signal to make a change. What changes can you see yourself making to better your cause?

Hi,
I have been fortunate. Yes, horrible chronic torso nerve pain, Gabapentin helps but I wouldn’t be able to tolerate it without a pain program I went through. May I suggest asking your doctor about any pain program they might suggest? Mine was through Kaiser. It has been very helpful. Stress classes have helped me as well.
Keep focusing on healing when ever you can. Take a look for jon kabat zinn.

@strength

Hi,
I have been fortunate. Yes, horrible chronic torso nerve pain, Gabapentin helps but I wouldn’t be able to tolerate it without a pain program I went through. May I suggest asking your doctor about any pain program they might suggest? Mine was through Kaiser. It has been very helpful. Stress classes have helped me as well.
Keep focusing on healing when ever you can. Take a look for jon kabat zinn.

Jump to this post

@strength, I noticed that you wished to post a URL to mindful meditation classes that helped you along with your post. You will be able to add URLs to your posts in a few days. There is a brief period where new members can't post links. We do this to deter spammers and keep the community safe. Please allow me to post it for you.

- Mindfulness and Meditation https://www.masterclass.com/classes/jon-kabat-zinn-teaches-mindfulness-and-meditation

Dr. Benzo from Mayo Clinic also has some helpful videos in the Health & Mindfulness blog here: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/blog/mindfulness-in-health/tab/resources/

Strength - what tip about mindfulness would you give to someone just started out?

Through constant anal cancer pain, I finished a program of grueling chemo and 30 sessions of radiation. That combo helped my cancer but now I've spent a year of constant leg pain from Lymphedema daily pain. I'm taking oxycodone 10mg every 6 hours and I just started Gabapentin 3x daily which helps a little. But I'm still in constant foot and leg pain.
Any suggestions?

@mattie1247

I'm sorry I should have explain more . GN is Glossopharyngeal neuralgia , it's a damaged nerve that stim out from the base of your skull and causes horrible pain in the head , ear , jaw and neck . It first started on my left side of my face but now has gone to my right side . Thank you for your response

Jump to this post

How did you get your diagnosis of glossopharyngeal neuralgia? What tests were done? I think that may be my problem

good afternoon. I'm Marylin14. I have a foot neuropathy, back stenosis and and lately some upper thigh pain. I'm wondering if the thigh pain could be a by product of gaba pentin which I've recently begun taking. Anyone else have that reaction

Good morning everyone. Here's a little reminder and inspiration that life can be reshaped despite our chronic pain. These reminders help me along and I hope they will help you, too. Happy Monday!

Hello. Always seeking info so I signed up for this and hope to get some answers.
I am a senior with extensive arthritis, stenosis and now possible reactions from vax/booster. Level of pain has pre-empted my ability and need to be independent. I am looking forward to any and all information that will help me improve the quality of the rest of my life. Thank you for being a resource.

@marylin14

good afternoon. I'm Marylin14. I have a foot neuropathy, back stenosis and and lately some upper thigh pain. I'm wondering if the thigh pain could be a by product of gaba pentin which I've recently begun taking. Anyone else have that reaction

Jump to this post

I have thigh pain but I have always thought it was from the disease, not the drug. I would be interested to know about this too.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.