Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

Morning. I’m Edie. 70 yrs young. I suffer frum muscle and nerve pain. Severe scoliosis and spinal stenosis. The latest increase in my curves caused me to have pinched nerves in every vertebrae causing neuropathy and constant cramping in my leg muscles. My leg muscles are pulled tight.
I gave pain walking and I’m using a rollator niw. This way if my leg goes numb or cramps I have something to support me.
Medication,PT, nerve blocks, epidurals and nerve ablations haven’t helped. Have tried acupuncture and chiropractic too.
I want my active life back. Haven’t been able to do much yoga and Pilates. Leg muscles are too tight.

Hello, my name is Jackie. I would like to be a part of this interesting and diverse group because I have been dealing with chronic, unspecified and undiagnosed pain for a long time. Am open to advice or suggestions as to best coping strategies for living with this problem. Am particularly interested in hearing from others whose pelvic/abdominal pain may be due to post operative surgical adhesions from a surgery performed over 10 years ago. So far all other tests and investigations have not been helpful in pinpointing a cause for my ongoing pain.

@ferguson23

Hello, my name is Jackie. I would like to be a part of this interesting and diverse group because I have been dealing with chronic, unspecified and undiagnosed pain for a long time. Am open to advice or suggestions as to best coping strategies for living with this problem. Am particularly interested in hearing from others whose pelvic/abdominal pain may be due to post operative surgical adhesions from a surgery performed over 10 years ago. So far all other tests and investigations have not been helpful in pinpointing a cause for my ongoing pain.

Jump to this post

Hi Jackie @ferguson23, 10+ years is a long time to be dealing with chronic pain and not finding answers. There is another discussion that you might find helpful:
-- Adhesions, again and again: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/adhesions-again-and-again/.

Here is another reference article that might be helpful:
-- Surgical treatment of adhesion-related chronic abdominal and pelvic pain after gynaecological and general surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28333221/.

I had failed lower back surgery in 1994. i now have severe stenosis that has caused ugly pain and numbness in my legs. i was told by my Dr. I have neuropathy in both legs. Intolerable. I have been using CBD salve at highest mg I can find. Just helps a tad. I also take 900mg Gabapentin a day plus Tylenol 650mg 4x. Any suggestions to help improve my quality of life would be so appreciated. thank you and be well.

@ferguson23

Jump to this post

I am being evaluated for both EPI and chronic pancreatitis due to previous RNY gastric bypass and follow-up surgeries due to bowel obstruction and adhesions.

@newyorknill

I had failed lower back surgery in 1994. i now have severe stenosis that has caused ugly pain and numbness in my legs. i was told by my Dr. I have neuropathy in both legs. Intolerable. I have been using CBD salve at highest mg I can find. Just helps a tad. I also take 900mg Gabapentin a day plus Tylenol 650mg 4x. Any suggestions to help improve my quality of life would be so appreciated. thank you and be well.

Jump to this post

Welcome @newyorknill, neuropathy pain is definitely not easy to deal with and can make you miserable at times. There are a couple of other discussions you might find helpful:
-- Stenosis/ pain: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/stenosis-pain/.
-- Myofascial Release Therapy (MFR) for treating compression and pain:
https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/myofascial-release-therapy-mfr-for-treating-compression-and-pain/.

Another resource for things to try for neuropathy is the Foundation for Peripheral Neuropathy. They have a list of treatments including complementary and alternative treatments here:
https://www.foundationforpn.org/treatments/.

Have you heard of or tried Myofascial Release Therapy (MFR)?

Hi my name is Julie I have been suffering for at least 25 years I have DDD... Disc degenerative disease osteoporosis osteopenia osteoarthritis I am 60 years old and I have found nothing to relieve the pain except extremely strong pain medicine and I am basically immune to it after 25 years any suggestions thanks just a girl tired of being in pain

@juliesmhunt

Hi my name is Julie I have been suffering for at least 25 years I have DDD... Disc degenerative disease osteoporosis osteopenia osteoarthritis I am 60 years old and I have found nothing to relieve the pain except extremely strong pain medicine and I am basically immune to it after 25 years any suggestions thanks just a girl tired of being in pain

Jump to this post

Welcome Julie @juliesmhunt, It must be difficult to have spent 25 years of dealing with the pain and still at a young age of 60. I'm wondering if you might find the following discussion helpful:
-- Myofascial Release Therapy (MFR) for treating compression and pain:
https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/myofascial-release-therapy-mfr-for-treating-compression-and-pain/.

Have you heard of or tried Myofascial Release Therapy (MFR)?

@newyorknill

Jump to this post

I wish I had something for you. I’m in the same boat but my neuropathy was caused by scoliosis curves increasing.
There is a product - Nervive that’s supposed to help. Didn’t work much for me nuts it’s worth a try. It’s a lotion

@ou812

I'm hurt and in pain for over a decade now. I'm afraid to even talk to anyone anymore, because disabled people get treated like garbage in this country. I feel half dead and going down the drain. There are no resources for me. I google sometimes to try and find answers, and I found this site. I am isolated and alone and I haven't really talked to anyone for years about this, because the medical system has no answers and nobody cares about anyone but themselves. Society just wants me to die. My neighbors harass me daily because I am in pain, and they think it is funny. I need to vent to somebody, so hopefully it is ok for me to vent here. I read some of the problems that other people are dealing with, and I feel like my pain isn't bad enough to vent about, but I can't take it anymore and I am afraid to go back on pain meds. I just take a lot of over the counter anti-inflammatories, and my stomach is messed up now. Anyway, hi.

Jump to this post

Hi, I just saw this and certainly do understand about the need to vent. As a recently retired RN, I know that it is never funny to see someone in pain. I have been taking OTC pain meds for a long time now, and they really only take the edge off, but I guess it is better than nothing. Why are you afraid to go back on your pain meds? Were they not helping or were you worried about becoming dependent on them? I am not a pharmacist, but I do know that anti inflammatories can do weird things to the gut. I think this site is a good place to vent our frustration with the medical system, as we are all in the same boat. Don't give up.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.