Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

@gailb

@grandmar

Ronnie, I am again amazed by your positive feelings in spite of your extreme pain. You continue to look for the positive in each issue you have. You are an inspiration to others in pain, including me. My pain feels small after reading your posts. I hope your doctors find a conservative treatment for your spine problems. I have a compression fracture in my C7, and when it's inflamed the pain is excruciating. I also have ongoing osteoarthritis, DDD, lumbar issues, spondylitis, etc which I'm sure you've read in my previous posts.

While I am feeling better right now, I notice that my neck and back pain and leg weakness is slowly returning. Your experiences are helping me as I suspect I will be needing additional work one of these months. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and feelings on this site. You're helping so many others in similar positions, in spite of your pain.

Gail
Volunteer Mentor

Jump to this post

I am getting shot in my back along my spine. Lower back. Last week I got shots in my neck. Dr advised me these shots only good for about 4 hrs. It is a requirement now that they do this sample test twice before doing shits lasting anout 5 months I hope.

Hello Kelsey. I'm not sure about hyperbaric chamber oxygen therapy and what it can do to either kill cancer cells or cause it to spread. I'd love to hear what others have to offer for opinions. The thought of getting relief from after effects of radiation and chemo is tempting to make me agree bur afraid to make cancer spread. Please chime in.
Thanks!

@gailb

@grandmar

Ronnie, I am again amazed by your positive feelings in spite of your extreme pain. You continue to look for the positive in each issue you have. You are an inspiration to others in pain, including me. My pain feels small after reading your posts. I hope your doctors find a conservative treatment for your spine problems. I have a compression fracture in my C7, and when it's inflamed the pain is excruciating. I also have ongoing osteoarthritis, DDD, lumbar issues, spondylitis, etc which I'm sure you've read in my previous posts.

While I am feeling better right now, I notice that my neck and back pain and leg weakness is slowly returning. Your experiences are helping me as I suspect I will be needing additional work one of these months. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and feelings on this site. You're helping so many others in similar positions, in spite of your pain.

Gail
Volunteer Mentor

Jump to this post

Wish 66. Kill us with rotten drugs but no marijuana. I cannot tell you how much it helped me. But Teaxas no way. I will bring pump up. He said try these shots and if that doesn't work not work we will try something else. In the past they kind if put me out. Can't do that anymore either. The shits in my neck hurt.

@vsinn2000

Hello Kelsey. I'm not sure about hyperbaric chamber oxygen therapy and what it can do to either kill cancer cells or cause it to spread. I'd love to hear what others have to offer for opinions. The thought of getting relief from after effects of radiation and chemo is tempting to make me agree bur afraid to make cancer spread. Please chime in.
Thanks!

Jump to this post

@vsinn2000 Hello Vicky,

So good to hear from you. I can understand how concerned you must be regarding relief from the side effects of radiation and chemo. Can you share, as you are comfortable doing so, what the most difficult side effects are for you at this time?

Teresa

@gailb

@grandmar

Gail
Volunteer Mentor

Jump to this post

@grandmar I was up all night no hubby to awake though .I see rheumatologist on 21 so am going to talk with her something has to help I want to also do research more on pain pump ,the pain meds I'm on certainly don't work anymore. Let pray for a better week.

@parus

@gailb I have been reading about genetic testing for different things. Does insurance pay for this type of testing? Probably varies.
A smiling flower face helps me. Hope it helps you and maybe someone else. I do enjoy my small secret garden with BIG color.

Jump to this post

@parus beautiful love it when you share your beautiful art/photos it really helps all of us in pain please keep it up Linda

@parus

@gailb I have been reading about genetic testing for different things. Does insurance pay for this type of testing? Probably varies.
A smiling flower face helps me. Hope it helps you and maybe someone else. I do enjoy my small secret garden with BIG color.

Jump to this post

@parus In my apt I'm growing Coleus flowers started from seed have replanted some but others are to small I'm working on a callender 2019 right now.Hopefully it will be done by then. lol

Getting the treatment area healed is proving a challenge. Even trying to keep it "air dried" only works until you need the restroom. That's a whole other tightrope to walk there. Keeping absolutely sanitary to avoid infection can be challenging. Chemo induced peripheral neuropathy is a huge problem. The pain is excruciating. My last scans identified 4 more questionable areas. So, do I go with hyperbaric to try and get some healing done before I end up septic accidentally, or take the chance it will set something in motion in the new areas? I think this may be a no win situation.

Lyrica has almost eliminated my pain from Neuropathy which I have as a result of a lot of chemo. It's been a great gift for me. Amitriptyline deals with the residual pain in my toes. Love and Blessings.

@gailb

@grandmar

Gail
Volunteer Mentor

Jump to this post

Genesight testing will tell you which drugs to have in your pump. Drugs that had stopped working orally did work when given in micro doses via the pump. Love and Blessings

Please sign in or register to post a reply.