Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Chronic Pain Support Group.

Hi All!!
It's me again! I must say that I have never been anywhere where EVERYONE is so sweet, kind, nice, patient and attentive. Well, that is how everyone I met in the hospital was. It was so nice to see and experience.
My mylogram CT is over. I have NEVER experienced pain like I did today. I get shots in my back, without being put to sleep or sedated. It hurts literally for 2 minutes as the steroids travel down my legs and then that is it.
But this thing. OUTCH!!!!! The contrast went down both legs and the pain stuck around.
I couldn't believe it. The test was very quick, about 10 minutes, but the aftermath lasted HOURS. It is 11pm and I am still getting horrible spasms in my legs.
The doctor who did the procedure told me the contrast was probably irritating the nerve endings.
Really? I have acute inflamation in my nerve endings without his help.
I was told it would only last a few minutes.
'LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE!"
All I can say is I HOPE that this test gives my neurosurgeon the answers he has been looking for.
Until next time in the continuing saga...….
Peace out...…………
Ronnie

@colleenyoung

Hi all,
I'm Colleen, Community Director and part of Connect's moderator team along with Kelsey. I want to say a special thank you to @leh09 @19lin @seanbeck @suebreen54 @mlemieux @ladyjane85 @lolomarie @zjandre @briansr @salena54 @sharonmay7 for all your contributions and making new members feel welcome.

Cheers to continued connecting on Connect.

Jump to this post

I met a young doc who made a good case for a combination of amitripiline and Lyrica to replace opioids. SHE WAS ALSO THE ONE WHO DID MY gENESIGHT SWAB AND WENT OVER THE RESULTS WITH ME.

@colleenyoung

Hi all,
I'm Colleen, Community Director and part of Connect's moderator team along with Kelsey. I want to say a special thank you to @leh09 @19lin @seanbeck @suebreen54 @mlemieux @ladyjane85 @lolomarie @zjandre @briansr @salena54 @sharonmay7 for all your contributions and making new members feel welcome.

Jump to this post

@wsh66
Hi!
What exactly was the case used?
I took a very low dose of amitripiline for years for my Fibromyalgia. The doc said that one of the reason I had so much pain was because I was not getting enough DEEP sleep. Deep sleep is the time healing takes place. It actually worked for a long time. However Lyrica has not help me in the past.

Ronnie

@grandmar

Hi All!!
It's me again! I must say that I have never been anywhere where EVERYONE is so sweet, kind, nice, patient and attentive. Well, that is how everyone I met in the hospital was. It was so nice to see and experience.
My mylogram CT is over. I have NEVER experienced pain like I did today. I get shots in my back, without being put to sleep or sedated. It hurts literally for 2 minutes as the steroids travel down my legs and then that is it.
But this thing. OUTCH!!!!! The contrast went down both legs and the pain stuck around.
I couldn't believe it. The test was very quick, about 10 minutes, but the aftermath lasted HOURS. It is 11pm and I am still getting horrible spasms in my legs.
The doctor who did the procedure told me the contrast was probably irritating the nerve endings.
All I can say is I HOPE that this test gives my neurosurgeon the answers he has been looking for.
Peace out...…………
Ronnie

Jump to this post

I am so sorry for your horrible pain. I was sitting here feeling sorry for myself with my fibro pain and headache — until I read your post. I have found that some doctors and MANY technicians are clueless about conditions that cause chronic pain and therefore do not take the extra care that can help with our pain. I try to always alert and/or remind medical personnel that I am extra sensitive to pain and painful procedures.

@colleenyoung

Hi all,

Jump to this post

Thank you! Good to know.

@grandmar

Hi All!!
Peace out...…………
Ronnie

Jump to this post

@capausz
Good Morning!
As painful as tests can be (and some are), I do believe that the techs do not want patients to suffer needlessly. After all, if we are in a big state of discomfort, we tend to move in or to try to find the best spot (if possible). When the patient moves, it will often ruin the test. Something the tech does not want to happen.

Sadly, sometimes there is nothing that the tech can do. (my test was done by a doctor). Again, I know none of these people want to hurt us, but there are times that can't be helped.

So here are all the docs, nurses and techs who have to deal with us during our pains and fears.
And here is to all the patients who have to deal with the docs, nurses and techs while we suffer from pain.

Here's to a pain free day!!!

Ronnie (GRANDMAr)

@grandmar

Hi All!!
Peace out...…………
Ronnie

Jump to this post

@grandmar Hello Ronnie:

I am so sorry to hear that your test left you with so much pain - you certainly did not need that! I do hope that the results prove to be helpful to your medical team. Here is hoping for a better day today.

Will you let me hear from you again?

Teresa

@grandmar

Hi All!!
Peace out...…………
Ronnie

Jump to this post

@hopeful33250
Thank you, Teresa!
I will post again after my appointment with the neurosurgeon.
Ronnie

@colleenyoung

Hi all,

Jump to this post

My doctor started me on 4 pills of Amiripline a day. They make me so sleepy. I would rather take then before going to sleep. I have RA and I take one shot a week of Methotrexate. I asked my doctor about Lyrica. She would rather I go with the Methotrexare for now. I tried the pills in the past or Metho and could not keep any food down. It must be a powerful drug.

@sharonmay7

Yes if anyone has ideas of how we can get the attention of higher ups... Please let us know !! Every time I here somethings about pain pills it is always negative. I bet there r more people helped then hurt! Sharonmay7<br />
<br />

Jump to this post

I would much rather have the Marijuana than any opioids any day. AND, NO Marijuana does not lead to higher use of drugs. Its main objective is to relieve pain and get rest.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.