Chronic Pain members - Welcome, please introduce yourself

Posted by Kelsey Mohring @kelseydm, Apr 27, 2016

Welcome to the new Chronic Pain group.

I’m Kelsey and I’m the moderator of the group. I look forwarding to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.

Why not take a minute and introduce yourself.

@mamacita

Dear @kozykozon , how I identify with every thing you posted earlier. I love my Grandchildren and my children so very much. And I live for the days that there is so little pain I forget what it is like to be in such a flare that it feels like I have been beaten.

I am in such a flare right now and can barely think straight. Trazodone used to help me greatly. My Rheumatology doctor has basically "fired" me. I don't have much left except to ask for a referral to our teaching hospital in Birmingham. UAB.

Love is all we need. To know we are loved. Sounds like you have that covered. God bless you.

Mamacita Jane

Jump to this post

It's nice to know you're not alone. It really helps. Who knows. Perhaps a Doctor will respond with something that can keep us going for a few months. Realistically, however, I don't think that will happen. You know, Death is really not the problem. It's the process. It seems $ is a Doctor now as is our Government putting in a poorly thought out process for abuse of meds. Washington makes me sick at times. Politicians making policy for medications necessary for MOST people in severe pain. God Bless! You!

@mamacita

Dear @kozykozon , how I identify with every thing you posted earlier. I love my Grandchildren and my children so very much. And I live for the days that there is so little pain I forget what it is like to be in such a flare that it feels like I have been beaten.

I am in such a flare right now and can barely think straight. Trazodone used to help me greatly. My Rheumatology doctor has basically "fired" me. I don't have much left except to ask for a referral to our teaching hospital in Birmingham. UAB.

Love is all we need. To know we are loved. Sounds like you have that covered. God bless you.

Mamacita Jane

Jump to this post

I had to reply, it hurts so much to hear about all the pain all of us are going through. We can tell other family, friends about the pain but I have found this site is so helpful.My diagnosis isn't the the same pain is pain. I hear Birmingham is a good hospital. Hoping you can get the Traz. soon! If I am not making sense I apologize, my P.M. dr. increased the Clonidine for pain can't think. Some drs can't be bothered with complexed cases! I hope you can have a comfortable evening.

@mamacita

Hi,@sundance6, I agree with you 99.9% in everything you say! We are all different, and different meds will affect each one of us as our bodies adapt and change.

Gabapentin used to knock me out. Now, I have seemed to develop a tolerance for it. Yet it appears the only thing that helps when Fibromyalgia is raging.

Epsom Salts baths help tremendously. I take Magnesium tablets daily, but they are useless during a flair.

Here's hoping that we see a better say tomorrow!

Love and light to you.

Mamacita Jane

Jump to this post

Thanks MJ! The Dr. Teals Epson Salt baths are Great. Add a bith of their liquid and they are to die for! You know what I mean. I take three or four a week. Good after my Silver Sneakers Yoga class! Which by the way has been a Godsent! It has helped me so much both menatlly and physically!
If anyone has one in your area go try it out. I was aprehensive until I went. People with all sorts of handicaps and twisted this or that are there. I have a Great instructor! She does it a good pace. We do most on a chair so we don't have to get up from the floor. In the three weeks I have been doing it I have seen a remarkable chance in myself.
My balance has gotten better. I can climb stairs. My endurance has gotten better! I just feel better than I have in a long time!
It is worth the little bit of time it takes! I haven't got so I do it at home yet except for the breathing. Just learning!
Do yourself a favor and check into it in your area.
Peace!
Sundance(RB)

@sundance6

I have taken Ambiem for many years without side effects. Recently I switched to Lunesta with good results!. The symptoms of both Lyme Disease and Fibromyalgia both include insomnia. My question, is why when this symptom occurs don't we take something to help.
The next time you are on the drug aisle in any store look and the # of running feet of sleep medicines there are.
We have become so hung up about taking medication that it is redicilus!!
Granted addition to them is real! But I feel the help outweighs the problem!
Every socicity in the world has some sort of addications. Weather it be Coco leaves in Peru, the world addicted to coffee. The world addicited to alchol, Jerry Epstien addidicted to sex.
We need to do what we fell will helps us, But as I found out we need to be aware of what some drugs do to us. Case in point was when I was given Gabapentin. I went into a Spiral. When I realized it and stopped it took a bit but I feel much better. It is up to us to be aware and listen to our body and it behavior.
Thanks,.
Sundance(RB)

Jump to this post

Wow,you are so right and that’s how I ended up in the hospital from an overdose. I was bein over medicated with prescriptions and I didn’t even know where I was. Thank you for stating this.

@vradifegari

Good morning Migizii.
You mention "Regular massage". Could you please tell me what kind of massage?
Thank you very much for answer. I am feeling better this days.
Wishing good.
Vradi

Jump to this post

I was doing Myofascial release massage therapy, but eventually my work schedule became too busy for me to fit it in on a regular basis. Given I have just recently returned to two feet (7 month process to heal some simple foot fractures), I am going to consider it again if I can find a reasonable schedule that is effective for my needs.

Liked by jkgraham393

@vradifegari

Good morning Migizii.
You mention "Regular massage". Could you please tell me what kind of massage?
Thank you very much for answer. I am feeling better this days.
Wishing good.
Vradi

Jump to this post

Btw, glad to hear you are feeling well these days 😊

Liked by jkgraham393

@briansr

It’s an honor to find a group of people that have been, and are still going
through, what we all face 24/7. I’m getting worse but a lot of this startup
group have alot more problems than myself. Let’s try to grow this group
into one large enough to let our “FRIENDS” in Washington know that we are
indeed human beings and could use some representatives in D.C. to open
their minds and hearts to the millions that suffer daily with very little
to look forward to. I want to write, a novel, book, articles to whoever we
can reach. I just need some ideas. Do you suppose there is a pain monthly
magazine. LOL briansr

Jump to this post

Hello Brian, reading your post I was happy to hear about starting a group large enough to go to Washington. I have Adhesive Arachnoiditis. I have called my Senators, Congressman, Dept. Of Health. Remember, we were not born with this, it was given to us by many doctors. For a better name, most call it, "Failed Back Syndrome" " Failed Laminectomy" therefore, no responsibility, DOCTOR. I would like to go to Legislate a Bill. Worded?? Stating, Neurosurgeons, Spine Surgeons, Pan Management Doctors must inform in writing the serious and life changing events that could happen during surgery. It would be nice to have Pro-Bono Attorneys? I don't know the statistics but on this site there are many and around the world. Read the beginning of the Burton Report and others. When I had cancer I had hope, with AA a very different story.

Liked by jkgraham393

@kimspr3

Hello Brian, reading your post I was happy to hear about starting a group large enough to go to Washington. I have Adhesive Arachnoiditis. I have called my Senators, Congressman, Dept. Of Health. Remember, we were not born with this, it was given to us by many doctors. For a better name, most call it, "Failed Back Syndrome" " Failed Laminectomy" therefore, no responsibility, DOCTOR. I would like to go to Legislate a Bill. Worded?? Stating, Neurosurgeons, Spine Surgeons, Pan Management Doctors must inform in writing the serious and life changing events that could happen during surgery. It would be nice to have Pro-Bono Attorneys? I don't know the statistics but on this site there are many and around the world. Read the beginning of the Burton Report and others. When I had cancer I had hope, with AA a very different story.

Jump to this post

I know this isn't helpful in regards to a solution but I want you to know I a praying for you and all who have this disease. I pray someone will come up with something that will help. I think I have problems and I hear you folks talking about something that doctors , etc ignore and as one person said treat you like lepers. I am so sorry.

Liked by jkgraham393

Thanks

@kimspr3

Jump to this post

I chickened out on the anterior fusion on July 17, 2019. I am now seeing a chiropractor who specializes in non- evasive decompression therapy. Have anyone found that successful?

@migizii

I was doing Myofascial release massage therapy, but eventually my work schedule became too busy for me to fit it in on a regular basis. Given I have just recently returned to two feet (7 month process to heal some simple foot fractures), I am going to consider it again if I can find a reasonable schedule that is effective for my needs.

Jump to this post

So massaged help you. Did your insurance company pay for it? Also can any masseuse do myofascial technique, would the know what I am talking about?

@jkgraham393

I chickened out on the anterior fusion on July 17, 2019. I am now seeing a chiropractor who specializes in non- evasive decompression therapy. Have anyone found that successful?

Jump to this post

Hello jkg, I think my condition is different than yours? If it helps I have, Adhesive Arachnoiditis. Wishing you a good evening.

Liked by jkgraham393

@kimspr3

Hello jkg, I think my condition is different than yours? If it helps I have, Adhesive Arachnoiditis. Wishing you a good evening.

Jump to this post

Sorry I intended for the person that had the myofascial massage.

@jkgraham393

Sorry I intended for the person that had the myofascial massage.

Jump to this post

Nothing to be sorry about, nice meeting you!

@jkgraham393

So massaged help you. Did your insurance company pay for it? Also can any masseuse do myofascial technique, would the know what I am talking about?

Jump to this post

@jkgraham393 Myofascial release therapists are trained and certified in the John Barnes methods and it takes a while for them to learn to feel the subtleties with their hands of the tight paths of fascial webbing throughout the body. A masseuse likely does not have this level of training or skill unless they are doing medical physical therapy type massage and have taken many of these courses. It's a certification from the skill level of courses of study. My physical therapist is an expert level MFR therapist and she can find these issues before I can, and knows how to open them up. She does other modalities too in treating me and stabilization exercises in addition to MFR. Because she is a licensed physical therapist, insurance pays according to the plan.

Here is our discussion on MFR with lots of information. https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/myofascial-release-therapy-mfr-for-treating-compression-and-pain/

As for anterior cervical fusion, I had that, and it was not as bad as I thought it would be. I had a great surgeon at Mayo, and a great recovery. I was able to tolerate my recovery without pain meds which was a surprise to me. I also took my time with recovery and rested which is important. Perhaps a different surgical opinion would benefit you. If you do nothing, your spine can fuse itself and will be in what ever position that is in which may not be good, and you can prevent nerve deficits by decompressing before nerve issues become permanent. Bone spurs grow in response to uneven pressure and can also grow into the areas where the nerve roots exit the spine. When a disc herniates, the jelly like substance inside spills out and the inflammation that causes can start bone spur growth in an attempt to stabilize the spine. You will get an unbiased opinion if you go to Mayo because doctors are not paid extra for doing surgeries. I'd be happy to answer any questions about my spine surgery. When you find the right doctor for you, it makes taking that big step easier. This was my first major surgery and I worked on ways to overcome my fears, and doing all of this changed my life for the better in many ways, and I am so grateful to my surgeon. Here is my story. https://sharing.mayoclinic.org/2019/01/09/using-the-art-of-medicine-to-overcome-fear-of-surgery/

Liked by jkgraham393

Please login or register to post a reply.