Was doing some research on Symptoms of Lyme Disease the other night and ran into similar symptoms of Mold Toxcity. Does anyone know anything about it?
Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Autoimmune Diseases Support Group.
My 26 year old nephew is so sensitive to mold that he is unable to work. He has been in treatment for over a year but is so debilitated that he can’t function. Please advise on jobs that guarantee a good working environment,
Welcome @riowill, I'm sorry to hear that your nephew is unable to work due to mold sensitivity. Mold toxicity can be a problem anywhere you work if it's not addressed when found in the workplace. There is some information on the Job Accommodation Network that might be helpful – Breaking the Mold with Workplace Accommodations: https://askjan.org/blogs/jan/2017/12/breaking-the-mold-with-workplace-accommodations.cfm
You mentioned your nephew has been in treatment over a year but still is not able to function. Is he actively looking for a job?
He worked for a year outdoors for a landscape company until he had a reaction. He just accepted a job as an Amazon driver but was reacting after day 3 so had to quit. He needs work he can do from home.
Sorry…..I don't mean to be combative, but if Mayo says that black mold is not dangerous…..it is not dangerous. They are the best. And the best part, we are documenting this and their position. Others say that black mold is dangerous, but Mayo is not one to take a position which speaks volumes. Either it is or is not. Mayo………if you don't know……say that you don't know. That is fine. Too many of us believe what we read on the internet and that is full of fake information. Please weigh in. Thanks.
John, you seem like a nice man. Do you think a mold "allergy" is the same as mold "toxicity?" And I would appreciate hearing the difference between the two. Sounds like Mayo is passing buck. Take a position if you claim to be a leading cutting edge facility. We are waiting. Most importantly, please let me know the symptoms of Mold Toxicity. Look forward to hearing from you given your vast experience. It is critically important.
John, we are coming to Mayo as "the best." This is all over your marketing material, non? I want to know from Mayo, what are the labs that you all run to rule in/out if inflammation is present with mold TOXICITY patients…..making the differereniation between mold "sensitivity" or a small mold "allergy" versus mold TOXICITY. Please clarify. I assume if you refer me to another website that this means that you are not ready to weigh in on the issue. This is fine. I assume that you not responding means the same thing. If you don't know, you owe it to patients who are suffering to tell them that you don't have a clue and they need to seek out a true facility. Let me know when you are ready to update your website about the dangers of mold TOXICITY which is not tantamount to a mold allergy. One day you will understand and I pray that it doesn't come in the form of someone you love. God bless. Do the right thing.
From Mayo Clinic: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/aspergillosis/symptoms-causes/syc-20369619
Most strains of this mold are harmless, but a few can cause serious illnesses when people with weakened immune systems, underlying lung disease or asthma inhale their fungal spores.
In some people, the spores trigger an allergic reaction. Other people develop mild to serious lung infections. The most serious form of aspergillosis — invasive aspergillosis — occurs when the infection spreads to blood vessels and beyond.
Depending on the type of aspergillosis, treatment may involve observation, antifungal medications or, in rare cases, surgery.
From further information, see: Mold allergy https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mold-allergy/symptoms-causes/syc-20351519
Good morning Phylis @sanny, Just a gentle reminder that I am a patient like most members on Connect. I do not work for Mayo Clinic. I am a volunteer and have no medical training or background. I'm most certainly not an expert in mold toxicity and how it's diagnosed or treated. I have shared links I've found that I think are reliable medical or scientific information. I am more than happy to learn about other information than what I've been able to locate if you have some to share.
If you want to know the purpose of Mayo Clinic Connect – https://connect.mayoclinic.org/blog/about-connect/tab/aboutconnect/
Blessings on your day…
Hi @sanny, it sounds like you are concerned about the black mold in your home, especially since you run a daycare out of your home. This article from Healthline that @johnbishop referenced is particularly helpful in explaining the dangers and myths about mold and how to get rid of it and prevent it.
– What Is Black Mold?: Exposure, Symptoms, Treatment, and More https://www.healthline.com/health/black-mold-exposure
I'd also like to point out that Mayo Clinic Connect is an online community of patients and people share their experiences, find support and exchange information with others. It is not a place to get answers from medical professionals. See the disclaimer here https://connect.mayoclinic.org/blog/about-connect/tab/disclaimer/
"All information shared by members on the Mayo Clinic Connect is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your health. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the community."
For information on mold allergies from Mayo Clinic, see this expert article: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mold-allergy/symptoms-causes/syc-20351519
Like you, John is a member of the community. He is particularly helpful and is a volunteer mentor, connecting members with others members. He also likes to help members find relevant information on the internet from reliable and evidence-based sources. He is not a Mayo employee or medical professional.
Back to the issue of black mold. "While being around mold may cause minor effects for some, like a stuffy nose or coughing, it can cause stronger reactions in people with asthma, mold allergies, or weakened immune systems."
I hope that you are successful in getting rid of the mold in your home for the health of everyone.
I am in the same boat as far as finding a clinic that administers tests for mold and mycotoxins. I have been researching for quite sometime now and as far as tests u can ask for there is an ELISA test that is a urine test and a mass spectometry test. There are a few more ive heard about but also in doing these tests, if u have been living with a mold problem for a long period of time, the mold can get into parts of your body and set up camp to where depending on your current health your body might have troubles detoxing from it and therefore not showing up in some of these tests. If thats the case, the doctors webinars ive watched all say they prescribe glutathione a few days in advance of taking these tests which force these toxins out in order to get a good idea of what your body is holding onto. There are also several blood tests that doctors can administer and they would serve as markers of a mold presence. doctor paulvin has a mold blog called mold 101 mold toxicity that goes in detail on different tests this site will give you a better insight on testing and also if u go on utube and watch any of Dr. Jill Carnahan's webnars on mold and mycotoxins, she gives great information! Hope that helps a little
Hi did you ever get an answer. I’m in the same situation. Neuropathy. Tests show mold exposure. But not sure of connected and can’t find much inline.