major depression, medications don't work, would TMS help?

Posted by jimmy 370 @jimmy370, Nov 6, 2011

my whloe life i have been severely depressed! everyday i think about ended my life. i have tried all the medication and nothing works. i just herd about transcranial magnetic stimulation (tms) the only catch is insurance co. don`t paid for it. and it is $ 12,000.00 for 30 treatments. has anyone had tms treatments? and did it work?
jim

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Depression & Anxiety Support Group.

@roxie43

Jimmy, don't give up. Ask your doctor about ECT insurance does cover it. Also have you tried adding abilify or remeron to your anti-depressant? I'm like you with medications and did try to end life but we have a lot of people that love us and we should love ourselves just as much. easier said than done, I know but keep trying.

Jump to this post

Thank you for your honesty.

@roxie43

Jimmy, don't give up. Ask your doctor about ECT insurance does cover it. Also have you tried adding abilify or remeron to your anti-depressant? I'm like you with medications and did try to end life but we have a lot of people that love us and we should love ourselves just as much. easier said than done, I know but keep trying.

Jump to this post

How many medications did you try before having ECT?

@roxie43

Jimmy how are you?

Jump to this post

hi roxie, thanks for asking. i am still seeing drs and off and on meds. still doing the same. are you a dr? i see you respond to a lot of people on here.

@roxie43

Jimmy how are you?

Jump to this post

Hi Jimmy I have also been wondering how you have been getting along. Continue to be strong I am proud of you for being as strong as you are. Take care and always remember that there are people who care everyday, me being one of them and as you know our dear Roxie is another.Jimmy remember everyday is a new day and there are hopefully alot more ups than downs coming for you. Take care Piglit

Please sign in or register to post a reply.