Living with Neuropathy - Welcome to the group

Welcome to the Neuropathy group.
This is a welcoming, safe place where you can meet other people who are dealing with neuropathy. Let’s learn from each other and share stories about living well with neuropathy, coping with the challenges and offering tips.

I’m Colleen, and I’m the moderator of this group, and Community Director of Connect. Chances are you’ll to be greeted by volunteer patient Mentor John (@johnbishop) and fellow members when you post to this group. Learn more about Moderators and Mentors on Connect.

We look forward to welcoming you and introducing you to other members. Feel free to browse the topics or start a new one.
Let’s chat. Why not start by introducing yourself? What concerns would you like to talk about?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Neuropathy Support Group.

@avmcbellar

Hank, I miss the ole days too when people were more respectful.

Jump to this post

That’s why we raised our son to be that way. He opens doors for ladies, says yes ma’am, no sir. And waits for everyone to sit before he dines at the dinner table as well as says the blessing.
He still farts, burps, and fishes like the best of them. I guess you can’t train some things out of ‘em.

@artist01

@faithwalker007. Hi Renee. May I ask, when use the cocoa powder, at what point do you add it to the coffee? Do you first make a paste of it with a little coffee? I'm thinking the powder would be difficult to mix with the coffee in its dry powder form. I could be very wrong! I haven't tried it but would love to.

Jump to this post

We mix it with a little coffee and cream with some sugar free creamer to sweeten it. We heat it up in microwave or on stove until mixed and then add it to our coffee to taste.

@mayofeb2020

@jesfactsmon. I read somewhere here in connect that cocoa powder is very high caffeine, I cannot tolerate caffeine at all. I can eat a little of TJ's dark chocolate and I have to eat it by noon so it doesn't affect my sleep. Ugh. Is there anything else that's just as good?

Jump to this post

@jesfactsmon. I cannot imagine a life without chocolate cake with buttercream frosting!

@bustrbrwn22

@sunnyflower thanks so much for your support!

Jump to this post

❤️🤗🙏

@jakedduck1

@avmcbellar
Sugar isn't at all worrisome to me. Maybe it should be but it's not. I won't be here long so I'm going to enjoy my sugar. I've already given up many foods and drinks I love to help me be healthier. If sugar is going to finish me off so be it.
Health & Happiness,
Jake

Jump to this post

@jakedduck1 is it too personal for me to ask why you say you won’t be here long?

@grovercleveland

Goto to spice/baking section if food store. They have 3 chocolate bars for cooking. 1) only cocoa - Blah., 2) semi sweet - too sweet, 3) bitter sweet- fabulous . Better than any chocolate bar I ever tasted. I eat the whole thing if alone. Better 1/2 for self and friend.

Jump to this post

Thanks for sharing @grovercleveland. I believe in the spice/baking aisle dark chocolate also comes in chips for cookies. Can’t go wrong with that! If I could I would eat the entire bar myself never mind 1/2, lol.

@jakedduck1

@avmcbellar
Sugar isn't at all worrisome to me. Maybe it should be but it's not. I won't be here long so I'm going to enjoy my sugar. I've already given up many foods and drinks I love to help me be healthier. If sugar is going to finish me off so be it.
Health & Happiness,
Jake

Jump to this post

@jakedduck1 you already did your share by removing some of the worry with your 90lb weight loss. Your hard work paid off to still being able to enjoy those foods. That’s your pay back. Nothing wrong with having those 5 food groups as long as your cook is aware.

@artist01

Thanks again, Toni. Your posts are some of the ones I "save", because they contain tips I'm sure I'll use. I'm restricted by not being able to physically go to a grocery store so I'm not able to keep up with all the amazing food adventures available in today's world. Who ever thought there would be chocolate covered frozen bananas! I'm catching on to ordering from Amazon, and I can get delivery from one of the grocers in town, but not knowing what's available makes it difficult without shopping in person.
I'm going to Google strabismus and diploma. Not familiar to me.
Warm regards, Laurie PS I'm so impressed with how you care for your Mom. Bravo!

Jump to this post

@avmcbellar Oops. Silly Spellcheck. I typed "diplopia" and it chose to say "diploma". Ah, these Thoroughly Modern Times. Lol.

@avmcbellar

Thanks for sharing @grovercleveland. I believe in the spice/baking aisle dark chocolate also comes in chips for cookies. Can’t go wrong with that! If I could I would eat the entire bar myself never mind 1/2, lol.

Jump to this post

I just said 1/2 because I did not want to sound like a "piggy". I went to store afterwards and ...

@jakedduck1

Carob? not familiar with that.
Not opposed to trying it UNLESS it's similar to that “VILE” dark chocolate. For people who can endure that choke-inducing poison known as coffee I can understand how they can think dark chocolate might not be too bad. Of course they are wrong but you just can't figure some people. Are you listening Mary @imallears, lol
Take care,
Jake

Jump to this post

@jakedduck1 I have seen carob in its natural state. It grows in a pod. There is nothing like that dark chocolate taste but you may find carob to be similar and not “vile”. I don’t know if it would be too healthy for you. It does not contain caffeine. I think there are more health benefits in cacao depending on the criteria.
I’m all ears is something my house rabbits would say with a big loud thump to alert us of potential danger. They are HUGE and so is their sound. They don’t miss a beet, lol.

You know there is a powder mix made from roasted plant based foods for making a beverage similar to hot coffee. Some are made with roasted chickpeas. My grandmother drank that every morning. I did for a short while too but I always like the taste and smell of my morning decaf coffee. Can’t do without that chocolate and coffee, lol. Wish you well. Toni

Please sign in or register to post a reply.