Liver transplant - Let's support each other

Posted by lmctif @lmctif, Oct 29, 2018

What topics do people who are waiting for a liver transplant want to talk about? Who has had a liver transplant and wants to talk about?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Transplants Support Group.

@footballmum

Congratulations 🎉👏. Wow you are one active young lady. I'm so happy to hear that your liver and kidneys are doing so well. My new liver is doing amazing. My kidneys however are another story. They really took a wallop during my pre-transplant struggles and unfortunately have never recovered. So far no dialysis, so that's a win. Thank you for listening. 💚

Jump to this post

@footballmum, I have to admit that I can't be still. My hand have always got to be doing something like a puzzle or knitting, or crocheting. I believe I got it from my mom because she was that way.
I hear what you are saying about your kidneys taking a hit. That is what i see from a lot of our members. I'm crossing my fingers about not needing diaysis and send my hopes that all remains stable. I know that you are dedicated to taking care of yourself, and this is to your benefit.
How is your energy? What are some things that you enjoy doing in your extra time?

Hello 🤗
Thank you for asking. I enjoy camping, photography and going for walks. My energy level is pretty good. I still have tough days but they are fewer and farther between. My biggest concern now is lack of sleep. I really struggle with uninterrupted sleep. I keep myself busy with work at my church and when the weather permits my garden.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.