Liver transplant - Let's support each other

Posted by lmctif @lmctif, Oct 29, 2018

What topics do people who are waiting for a liver transplant want to talk about? Who has had a liver transplant and wants to talk about?

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Transplants Support Group.

Thank you for your response. Where did you have your transplantseen done and if I can ask reason.i have had one bit some issues with sinusoidal dilitatation with donor liver they didn't know about during procurement process. Didn't think it would matter but deleted portal hypertension. It is managed well and I fee good. They say liver function remains stable eith this but if hypertension starts causing havoc, I'm curious if second transplant option. One doc said he's never heard of that, which i was a bit dumbfounded by

Sir you may have experience so I would like to ask you. If I give my liver to patient can I live a healthy life after liver donation. Or there are thing that can affect my my life in future thank you

@007hafid

Sir you may have experience so I would like to ask you. If I give my liver to patient can I live a healthy life after liver donation. Or there are thing that can affect my my life in future thank you

Jump to this post

@007hafid, I can understand your interest about your future health after a living liver donation. You are absolutely correct to seek answers because the decision to become a living donor requires time and consideration. Before making a decision you need to know what it involves.

Most living liver donors are related to the recipient, During the living liver donor surgery the surgeon removes part of your liver and places it into the recipient after their liver is removed. It ususlly takes several weeks to several months for the liver to recover and return to normal size. During that time you will be limited on your physical activities.There are risks and you will need to be screened and tested to see if you can be a donor.

Do you have a loved one or a relative who needs a liver transplant? Does he/she qualify for a living donor?

Hi, liver transplant recipients, does anyone know whether you had to fast from food or water before a routine annual abdominal ultrasound?
I’m scheduled for one and don’ t remember what I did last year. The only instruction that I see related to eating beforehand is that you might need to avoid eating and that it depends on the area being scanned. My appointment is not until 1 PM during my annual visit.
What were you instructed to do?

Note there are several online zoom support groups for transplant patients. Mayo Jacksonville, Mayo Rochester and Mayo Phoenix all have zoom meetings. If interested I can email you info on those meetings. There is also an online zoom meeting sponsored by the Transplant Community Alliance which meets weekly on Thursday at 7 pm Arizona time. Most patients are kidney and liver transplant patients (pre and post) but all transplant patients and their caregivers are welcome.

TCA
https://www.transplantaz.org/

TCA Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 873 0014 4780
Passcode: 599315

Zoom meeting.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.