How about a laugh, (hopefully)

Posted by Leonard @jakedduck1, Dec 31, 2018

I believe laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has actually been scientifically proven to help people with depression issues.
Let’s give it a try so we can all get happy and feel better. Many Epilepsy forums I’ve been on had joke sections. I was probably the biggest joke of all since I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. They said the jokes couldn’t be above 4th grade level for me to understand them so my jokes may be rather simplistic but let’s give it a try.
Have a lovely day everyone,
Jake

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

There is no exercise better for the heart than lifting down and living people up.
John Holmes

Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.
George Burns

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.
Oscar Wilde

@itchyd

I'd be interested in sharing any statistics you may have concerning the average life expectancy of songbirds cohabitating with constricting snakes.

Jump to this post

in reply to @itchyd Yes. The snake was kept downstairs in a plexiglass enclosure and was "fed" once a week or so, after the usual visit to the pet store. The woman I was living with had a very wealthy father, a doctor, and she was one of my college classmates, as was another woman who "joined" the club. We paid no rent, so I was able to overlook certain things, including that I had to sleep on the bottom part of a trundle bed. I am fairly certain I made the move out when I could not stand the sight, any longer, of my friend's brother who saved his nail clippings in a jar. These people were highly intelligent, and the brother is now an interpreter for the United Nations. I suppose, "we all have our issues."

@frances007

in reply to @itchyd Yes. The snake was kept downstairs in a plexiglass enclosure and was "fed" once a week or so, after the usual visit to the pet store. The woman I was living with had a very wealthy father, a doctor, and she was one of my college classmates, as was another woman who "joined" the club. We paid no rent, so I was able to overlook certain things, including that I had to sleep on the bottom part of a trundle bed. I am fairly certain I made the move out when I could not stand the sight, any longer, of my friend's brother who saved his nail clippings in a jar. These people were highly intelligent, and the brother is now an interpreter for the United Nations. I suppose, "we all have our issues."

Jump to this post

"...my friend's brother who saved his nail clippings in a jar."

Doesn't everybody?

in reply to @scottrl Thanks, I needed that laugh, and I am still laughing.

@scottrl

"...my friend's brother who saved his nail clippings in a jar."

Doesn't everybody?

Jump to this post

We save our clippings in a scrapbook.

@frances007

in reply to @scottrl Thanks, I needed that laugh, and I am still laughing.

Jump to this post

Glad to help!

in reply to @scottrl Yes, I am going to start stalking you when I need a laugh. After I saw that post of yours yesterday I thought, "wow, he has a dry sense of humor like I do." You are just great!

Perhaps I know best why it is man alone who laughs; he alone suffers so deeply that he had to invent laughter. Friedrich Nietzsche

@frances007

in reply to @scottrl Yes, I am going to start stalking you when I need a laugh. After I saw that post of yours yesterday I thought, "wow, he has a dry sense of humor like I do." You are just great!

Jump to this post

Well, Frances, you flatter me!

Perhaps you can begin your "stalking" by watching my YouTube channel about my stroke recovery. (I have an episode about humor.) I'd be very interested in any comments you may have. And of course, feel free to subscribe and share with others -- I need the encouragement (and that's no joke).

https://www.youtube.com/@srlucado/videos
@frances007

Jump to this post

Why does he save toenail trimmings?

Please sign in or register to post a reply.