How about a laugh, (hopefully)

Posted by Leonard @jakedduck1, Dec 31, 2018

I believe laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has actually been scientifically proven to help people with depression issues.
Let’s give it a try so we can all get happy and feel better. Many Epilepsy forums I’ve been on had joke sections. I was probably the biggest joke of all since I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. They said the jokes couldn’t be above 4th grade level for me to understand them so my jokes may be rather simplistic but let’s give it a try.
Have a lovely day everyone,
Jake

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

Frances... just thoughts popping into my mind - born in a country with many superstitions, quotes and "sayings"..... when younger and we were to be seen not heard: and how when we were hurt by what other children said to us being told to repeat, many times:
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me" as a way of coping... and odd that it later life and after a nine year abusive marriage many years ago, it was the hurtful things that were said more than the being shoved etc. I read that too on local women's shelter few yrs ago that for some it is the emotional abuse.. not the slap, hit or worse; those pains heal but the painful hurtful words reach our very souls.
On a lighter note as trying to sleep last night another older but goodie: for the joke section: My Mother used to tell me to smile at my troubles and my Father used to say: take that silly grin off your face! J.

@kamama94

It`s always awkward ending phone calls with loved ones. I`m always like, "I love you," and they`re like, "Thank you for choosing Dollar General!” (Stolen from Louie Blue Coat)

Jump to this post

That is really cleaver and cute! Thanks for sharing.

@frances007

in reply to @olderdiva12345 Thank you for the kind words of wisdom. I have more to say, but am leaving soon for Harvest Day. I am looking forward to being around like minded people. I am smiling because I have this other mantra, "if I look good, I feel good." I am looking quite spiffy today, sans makeup. We have a lot in common. I have two sisters, one who no longer talks to me and has removed me from her life because she did not want to hear about my medical issues. In fact, she told me her "life coach" said to tell me that she only wanted to talk about recipes. It has been three years and I am fine with the situation. My sisters are 8 and 10 years older than me, and I have a very close relationship with my oldest sister.
In any event, have a blessed day. Best. Fran

Jump to this post

Thank you, Fran. It sounds as though you understand "removing toxic people from your life" without critisism. You have fun a Harvest Day whereever that is and sans makeup? No lip gloss? Just kidding. You do as you please.

@captboat

Is the saying “Redlight at night is the sailor’s delight?”

Jump to this post

Red sky at night, sailor's delight
Red sky in moring, sailor's take warning.

Hubby is ex-Navy!

@lyndac1027

Hubby is ex-Navy!

Jump to this post

Go Army!

@lyndac1027

Hubby is ex-Navy!

Jump to this post

The "red light zone" was the area where a certain type of adult entertainment was available. A red light over the door indicated establishment was open.

@captboat

Is the saying “Redlight at night is the sailor’s delight?”

Jump to this post

@captboat
I believe it's
"Red SKY at night
Sailor's delight."
( Possibly meaning fair weather tomorrow. That's the way our family interprets that saying.)

Oh not sure how I feel after seeking the origin of this weather prediction !

Thing is, Internet does not always give source of the information, but this is what showed: if so, how many years would that be and how did it becine so popular I wonder/modernize? ..... some people saying "Sailors' Delight" and some saying "Shepherds' Delight" and even some enjoying the red sign: "Delight at Night"

K.J.V. Mathew C.16 V 2&3

2 He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.

3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

Who knew?

Surprising the origin of many "sayings" we have today ! (if Internet correct)

The anesthesiologist offered to knock me out with gas or a boat paddle. It's an ether/oar situation.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.