How about a laugh, (hopefully)

Posted by Leonard @jakedduck1, Dec 31, 2018

I believe laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has actually been scientifically proven to help people with depression issues.
Let’s give it a try so we can all get happy and feel better. Many Epilepsy forums I’ve been on had joke sections. I was probably the biggest joke of all since I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. They said the jokes couldn’t be above 4th grade level for me to understand them so my jokes may be rather simplistic but let’s give it a try.
Have a lovely day everyone,
Jake

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

Yesterday my husband thought he saw a cockroach in the kitchen. So he sprayed and wiped everything down, cleaned out cabinets thoroughly and steam mopped the floor.
Tomorrow I’m putting the cockroach in the bathroom.

@liribmt
Reminds of the time I put a fake mouse cat toy in the dish cupboard. My mom screamed bloody murder. It was great.

My mom's uncle used to chase her with limburger cheese.
Jake

@jakedduck1

@liribmt
Reminds of the time I put a fake mouse cat toy in the dish cupboard. My mom screamed bloody murder. It was great.

My mom's uncle used to chase her with limburger cheese.
Jake

Jump to this post

😂 Jake I can relate to shenanigans like that with the fake mouse. Childhood was filled with silly jokes on my mom and family. We all participated. Actually it’s continued in life with my husband and daughter.
My favorite of all time was when my husband and I were first married. When I was younger, it was a fashion for little girls to have this ‘mink’ collars. They looked like white ermine with glass eyes and a little leather nose. It would wrap all the way around the neck and clasp the tail with a little pinch metal clothespin type thing where the mouth would be.
When I got married, of course all the boxes of my stuff were sent packing along with me! One day I found the weasel and thought I’d have a little fun with it. (This practical joke was in retribution for a joke my husband had earlier played on me once when I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. While I was in the bathroom, he quickly laid on the floor next to the door in the dark hallway. When I came out, he grabbed my ankles!! Talk about screaming bloody murder!!). 😂

Anyway, back to the weasel story… I coiled it up in a pair of my husbands skivvies in his underwear drawer. Just the nose and eyes were showing. Oh, and I need to add that the stitching around the nose was white and looked a bit like teeth at first glance. It was a beautiful thing…a vermin hiding in his underwear! He always got up early and it would be dark when he’d grab his clothes and skivvies. He opened the drawer and there was just enough light coming through the window for the eyes to shine and the ‘teeth’ to show! He screamed like a little girl!! 😂 Of course that just escalated things over the years. Some of our jokes are epic…
Ohh one more!! So the weasel became a chronic joke in the house. My husband would hide it too, like in a cereal box.
One day before leaving for work, when I was hugging to say good bye, I clipped the weasel on the back of his waistband! He went to work with a weasel hanging off his pants for half of the day. 😂😂😂

You guys are wicked!...And wonderful! I am awfully glad that I don't live with you, though.

My aunt had one of those neck critters, too. When it went out of style, she gave it to us nieces to play dress-up. My mom stored it in the same drawer as our Sunday mantillas (Catholic thing. Women and girls used to have to cover their heads in church). And every single Sunday morning I'd let out a scream when I opened the drawer. I never, ever, learned. I am a great target for practical jokes but a terrible perpetrator. Once again, I am glad that I don't have to live with you pranksters!

Thanks for the laughs! Have a great day!

@loribmt

😂 Jake I can relate to shenanigans like that with the fake mouse. Childhood was filled with silly jokes on my mom and family. We all participated. Actually it’s continued in life with my husband and daughter.
My favorite of all time was when my husband and I were first married. When I was younger, it was a fashion for little girls to have this ‘mink’ collars. They looked like white ermine with glass eyes and a little leather nose. It would wrap all the way around the neck and clasp the tail with a little pinch metal clothespin type thing where the mouth would be.
When I got married, of course all the boxes of my stuff were sent packing along with me! One day I found the weasel and thought I’d have a little fun with it. (This practical joke was in retribution for a joke my husband had earlier played on me once when I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. While I was in the bathroom, he quickly laid on the floor next to the door in the dark hallway. When I came out, he grabbed my ankles!! Talk about screaming bloody murder!!). 😂

Anyway, back to the weasel story… I coiled it up in a pair of my husbands skivvies in his underwear drawer. Just the nose and eyes were showing. Oh, and I need to add that the stitching around the nose was white and looked a bit like teeth at first glance. It was a beautiful thing…a vermin hiding in his underwear! He always got up early and it would be dark when he’d grab his clothes and skivvies. He opened the drawer and there was just enough light coming through the window for the eyes to shine and the ‘teeth’ to show! He screamed like a little girl!! 😂 Of course that just escalated things over the years. Some of our jokes are epic…
Ohh one more!! So the weasel became a chronic joke in the house. My husband would hide it too, like in a cereal box.
One day before leaving for work, when I was hugging to say good bye, I clipped the weasel on the back of his waistband! He went to work with a weasel hanging off his pants for half of the day. 😂😂😂

Jump to this post

@loribmt You and your hubby are one wicked pair. It’s a joy to read the practical jokes you’ve played over the years. I love the cockroach story. Unfortunately I don’t think that would work with my partner. He’d just leave it there as nothing grosses him out. Sigh. 🤪🤪🤪😵‍💫

@naturegirl5

@loribmt You and your hubby are one wicked pair. It’s a joy to read the practical jokes you’ve played over the years. I love the cockroach story. Unfortunately I don’t think that would work with my partner. He’d just leave it there as nothing grosses him out. Sigh. 🤪🤪🤪😵‍💫

Jump to this post

😀 The cockroach story was a joke but everything else was true! There is never a dull moment in our home…even after 49 years of marriage. 😅

Happy holiday!, if you are celebrating one / Blessings for your religious days!, if you are participating in them now.

This thread of jokes helps me cope with all the (insert a bad word here) in my life. I am truly grateful for your contributions to it! Thank you all!

A dung beetle walks into a bar…

“Is this stool taken?”

@loribmt

A dung beetle walks into a bar…

“Is this stool taken?”

Jump to this post

Oh my 🤣🤣🤣

@dbeshears1

Oh my 🤣🤣🤣

Jump to this post

@loribmt

Wow...another one for me to send out...that's down and dirty lol

FL Mary

Please sign in or register to post a reply.