How about a laugh, (hopefully)

Posted by Leonard @jakedduck1, Dec 31, 2018

I believe laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has actually been scientifically proven to help people with depression issues.
Let’s give it a try so we can all get happy and feel better. Many Epilepsy forums I’ve been on had joke sections. I was probably the biggest joke of all since I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. They said the jokes couldn’t be above 4th grade level for me to understand them so my jokes may be rather simplistic but let’s give it a try.
Have a lovely day everyone,
Jake

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@loribmt

@jakedduck1
Do you know the difference between a well-dressed man on a bicycle and a well-dressed man on a unicycle? 🚲

Attire 🛞

Jump to this post

@loribmt
😂Chuckle😂chuckle😂
Jake

Laugher comes from the soul. You have to be open any kind of jokes sayings, Dig deep and grab onto laugher you will be happier in life..thats what I do and it works for me...good luck, YOU can do it!!!

@lovelydaisy47

Laugher comes from the soul. You have to be open any kind of jokes sayings, Dig deep and grab onto laugher you will be happier in life..thats what I do and it works for me...good luck, YOU can do it!!!

Jump to this post

I am glad it was helpful. Believe I know how it feels to be without laugher. But I decided to turn it around, because were only on this earth for a short time. So might as well find the joys in life. Start with when you look at anything, see the beauty in it, and if you continue to do this, you will start seeing it move and more...trust me ok it does help, Luann

Such sage advice! There are many health benefits to a good belly laugh!

"Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I have been with a loose girl."

The priest asks, "Is that you, little Joey Pagano?"

"Yes, Father, it is."

"And who was the girl you were with?"

"I can't tell you, Father. I don't want to ruin her reputation."

"Well, Joey, I'm sure to find out her name sooner or later so you may as well tell me now. Was it Tina Minetti?"

"I cannot say."

"Was it Teresa Mazzarelli?"

"I'll never tell."

"Was it Nina Capelli?"

"I'm sorry, but I cannot name her."

"Was it Cathy Piriano?"

"My lips are sealed."

"Was it Rosa DiAngelo, then?"

"Please, Father! I cannot tell you."

The priest sighs in frustration. "You're very tight lipped, and I admire that. But you've sinned and have to atone. You cannot be an altar boy now for 4 months. Now you go and behave yourself."

Joey walks back to his pew, and his friend Franco slides over and whispers, "What'd you get?"

"Four months vacation and five good leads..."

@jakedduck1

"Yes, Father, it is."

"Well, Joey, I'm sure to find out her name sooner or later so you may as well tell me now. Was it Tina Minetti?"

"I cannot say."

"I'll never tell."

"Was it Nina Capelli?"

"Was it Cathy Piriano?"

"My lips are sealed."

The priest sighs in frustration. "You're very tight lipped, and I admire that. But you've sinned and have to atone. You cannot be an altar boy now for 4 months. Now you go and behave yourself."

Joey walks back to his pew, and his friend Franco slides over and whispers, "What'd you get?"

Jump to this post

You are so bad Jake! 🤣😂🤣

@jakedduck1

"Yes, Father, it is."

"I cannot say."

"I'll never tell."

"Was it Nina Capelli?"

"Was it Cathy Piriano?"

"My lips are sealed."

Jump to this post

🙀😂😂😂

Good Old Fred died recently. His will provided $30,000 for an elaborate funeral.
As the last guests departed the affair, his widow, Helen, turned to her oldest friend Jody, and says, "Well, I’m sure Fred would be pleased."
"I’m sure, you’re right replied Jody, who lowered her voice and leaned in close. "How much did this really cost?"
"All of it?" said Helen. "Thirty thousand, just like my Fred wanted it."
"Really?" Jody exclaimed. "I mean, it was very nice, but $30,000?"
Helen answered, "The funeral was $6,500. I donated $500 to the church. The wake, food and drinks were another $500.
The rest went for the memorial stone."
Jody says, "$22,500 for a memorial stone? My goodness, how big is it ?!”
"Two and a half carats."

@jakedduck1

"Yes, Father, it is."

"I cannot say."

"I'll never tell."

"Was it Nina Capelli?"

"Was it Cathy Piriano?"

"My lips are sealed."

Jump to this post

@jakedduck1

I love that! Reminds me of mandatory confession in elementary Catholic School way back in the 1950s. I had to make up things to confess to the priest. How many sins could an 8 or 10 year old innocent Catholic girl have after 2 weeks. I never took the “Lords name in vain.” And what was an “ impure thought” anyway? Times have changed and so has the church in that respect..thank goodness.

FL Mary

@imallears

@jakedduck1

I love that! Reminds me of mandatory confession in elementary Catholic School way back in the 1950s. I had to make up things to confess to the priest. How many sins could an 8 or 10 year old innocent Catholic girl have after 2 weeks. I never took the “Lords name in vain.” And what was an “ impure thought” anyway? Times have changed and so has the church in that respect..thank goodness.

FL Mary

Jump to this post

LOL. Mary, so if you had to make things up in order to confess, you essentially were taught to lie to the priest. 😈 I also went to a parochial elementary school (1960s) where I learned guilt was the driving force behind every waking hour! 😂 “If you’re not doing it, you must be thinking it.”

As a child, that motivation has you flinching with any raised eyebrow, intake of breath or side eye glance from a teacher, minister, parent, etc.
One moment I remember so vividly was in church. My mom and I would always go to 7:30 AM service and right after was my Sunday school. We had a very strict, intimidating ‘old school’ minister and of course, he was also the principal of our school. This was after Easter and he was telling the story of Jesus coming to the Garden to Mary after resurrection. I had dozed off with my head in my mom’s lap and I remember hearing him, with his big booming voice say, “Lori, Wake up!” OMG. I shot up from my mom’s lap and was on the verge of tears waiting him to come down from the pulpit and grab my ear to take me off to his office. (Yes that happened to all of us at one time or another)

As a child, I didn’t realize the minister had said, “Mary, Wake up..,” that revelation came to me years later when hearing the story again at Easter. LOL. I even told my mom who cracked up. She had wondered why I shot up out of her lap like that and…that I never fell asleep in church again!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.