How about a laugh, (hopefully)

Posted by Leonard @jakedduck1, Dec 31, 2018

I believe laughter is the best medicine. Laughter has actually been scientifically proven to help people with depression issues.
Let’s give it a try so we can all get happy and feel better. Many Epilepsy forums I’ve been on had joke sections. I was probably the biggest joke of all since I didn’t get a lot of the jokes. They said the jokes couldn’t be above 4th grade level for me to understand them so my jokes may be rather simplistic but let’s give it a try.
Have a lovely day everyone,
Jake

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Just Want to Talk Support Group.

@contentandwell

@loribmt When my daughter lived in NYC we used to stay at a Hilton close to her in Times Square. I LOVED the pillows there so I finally went to their website and bought one for myself. It has a core and is down-wrapped. It truly is a great pillow for me and when it wears out I will get the exact same pillow again.

When I went to the website they were on sale. Of course maybe they're always on sale, but the price was reasonable.

I was a manager at a very nice Inn in our town before retiring - 4.5 stars. I never had the opportunity to sleep on their beds but people were always asking about them and having us order one for them! Hotel beds, at good hotels, really can be pretty comfortable.
JK

Jump to this post

I’d also sent for several different pillows from our hotel website over the years. They weren’t the same! We’ve stayed at that hotel over 200+ nights in the last 3 years and my first 4 months during transplant, I had ‘that’ pillow on my bed. I regretted not asking at the time for that particular pillow.
So when I was done with the initial post transplant stay and home on my wannabe pillow, I’d looked online at the hotel website. I ordered what I thought were the pillows. Sooo disappointing. While they were great pillows they weren’t THE pillow. LOL. So last week when we were back in Rochester for a check up, my bed had the pillow I lusted after for the past 3 years. Wasn’t leaving without it this time! 😀

It was in 2 zippered pillow protectors at the hotel and looked like new. So I wasn’t leery of accepting a used pillow. Took it home and plopped in the dryer on high with woolen balls. And now the pillow is in new pillow protectors and on my bed. It’s just special. The two of us are very happy. 😅

@loribmt

I’d also sent for several different pillows from our hotel website over the years. They weren’t the same! We’ve stayed at that hotel over 200+ nights in the last 3 years and my first 4 months during transplant, I had ‘that’ pillow on my bed. I regretted not asking at the time for that particular pillow.
So when I was done with the initial post transplant stay and home on my wannabe pillow, I’d looked online at the hotel website. I ordered what I thought were the pillows. Sooo disappointing. While they were great pillows they weren’t THE pillow. LOL. So last week when we were back in Rochester for a check up, my bed had the pillow I lusted after for the past 3 years. Wasn’t leaving without it this time! 😀

It was in 2 zippered pillow protectors at the hotel and looked like new. So I wasn’t leery of accepting a used pillow. Took it home and plopped in the dryer on high with woolen balls. And now the pillow is in new pillow protectors and on my bed. It’s just special. The two of us are very happy. 😅

Jump to this post

@loribmt It sounds like a love affair made at that hotel! I'm glad that you are happy with it.

The pillow I got from the Hilton website was exactly the same as the hotel pillow. Before leaving the hotel I took a picture of the tag with the content of the pillow (I had to get into two levels of pillow protectors, but I was determined) and my pillow matches it exactly and sleeps the same as the hotel one.
JK

@contentandwell

@loribmt It sounds like a love affair made at that hotel! I'm glad that you are happy with it.

The pillow I got from the Hilton website was exactly the same as the hotel pillow. Before leaving the hotel I took a picture of the tag with the content of the pillow (I had to get into two levels of pillow protectors, but I was determined) and my pillow matches it exactly and sleeps the same as the hotel one.
JK

Jump to this post

LOL I did my due diligence too, JK. Took pics of the tag. Matched it perfectly. But the ordered pillows just didn’t have the same ‘feel’. I know it can make a difference with the size of the pillow case (they’re not all exactly the same size even with the same measurements) ; Too tight and the pillow stays too puffy. If the case is a little larger, the pillow can flatten. I guess I’m baby bear. Gotta have it just right! 🧸

@loribmt

Jump to this post

@loribmt
You met your true love, got separated, dated around a bit but never forgot your first love. By chance you came across him later on, proposed and snatched him up, did a little remodeling and the rest is a fairly tale. Sigh.

FL Mary

@contentandwell

JK

Jump to this post

@contentandwell

You also met your first true love and got separated. But you were smart and took his number before you had to leave. Little did you know, when you arranged a reunion, that he had an identical twin. After dating for a while, you were just as happy with the twin , maybe even more so. Life is funny that way.

FL Mary

@imallears

@loribmt
You met your true love, got separated, dated around a bit but never forgot your first love. By chance you came across him later on, proposed and snatched him up, did a little remodeling and the rest is a fairly tale. Sigh.

FL Mary

Jump to this post

🥰💔💕🥰. Tooo funny!! I’ll hug him a little tighter tonight. 😂

You know you're from California when…

- Your coworker has 8 body piercing's and none are visible.

- You make over $300,000 and still can't afford a house.

- Your child's 3rd-grade teacher has purple hair, a nose ring, and is named Flower.

- You can't remember… is pot illegal?

- Where illegals have more rights than tax paying citizens.

- You've been to a baby shower that has two mothers and a sperm donor.

- You have a very strong opinion about where your coffee beans are grown, and you can taste the difference between Sumatran and Ethiopian.

- A really great parking space can totally move you to tears.

- Gas costs $2.00 per gallon more than anywhere else in the U.S.

- Unlike back home, the guy at 8:30 am at Starbucks wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses who looks like George Clooney really IS George Clooney.

- Your car insurance costs as much as your house payment.

- It's barely sprinkling rain and there's a report on every news station: "STORM WATCH."

- You pass an elementary school playground and the children are all busy with their cells phones.

- It's barely sprinkling rain outside, so you leave for work an hour early to avoid all the weather-related accidents and your still late.

- Both you AND your dog have therapists.

A Computer Science student at MIT showed up at his buddies dorm room with a new bike. His buddy said “sweet bike, where’d ya get it?”

“You’ll never believe this,” he said, “I was walking across campus and this beautiful blonde on a bike stopped, threw down her bike, tore off all her clothes and said _take whatever you want!_”

His buddy stared at him blankly for a minute, then said “smart. Her clothes would have never fit you.”

THE RIVER

One day, three men were hiking and unexpectedly came upon a large raging, violent river. They needed to get to the other side, but had no idea of how to do so. The first man prayed to God, saying, Please, God, give me the strength to cross this river Poof!!! God gave him big arms and strong legs, and he was able to swim across the river in about an hour, after almost drowning a couple of times.

Seeing this, the second man prayed to God, saying, Please,God, give me the strength, and the tools to cross this river Poof!!! God gave him a rowboat and he was able to row across the; river in about half an hour, after almost capsizing the boat a couple of times.

The third man had seen how this worked out for the other two, so he also prayed to God saying, Please, God, give me the strength, the tools, and the intelligence to cross this river And poof!!! God turned him into a woman! She looked at the map, hiked upstream a couple of hundred yards . . .

then walked across the bridge !

I just got over my
Addiction to chocolate,
marshmallows, and nuts
and I can not lie;
It was a ROCKY ROAD.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.